Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• ECSK2
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I have a galaxy note 20 and have had it freeze several times since the update. During conquest, TB, and GAC. Android version 12 build number SP1A.210812.016N986USQS2FVG6
  • I have the same on my Galaxy Fold 3, and S8 ultra tablet. Highly annoying
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited September 2022
    how do you know your opponent didn’t have the same issue and you were bound to lose anyways
  • Ultra wrote: »
    how do you know your opponent didn’t have the same issue and you were bound to lose any

Opponents usually play with Apple devices.
  • PowerBuldog
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    Clphenom wrote: »
    Way worse since the update. I updated about 20 minutes ago and have had 3 freezes already going between menus. Not touching gac until this is fixed

Updated what?

Jabba hit the holotable and apparently crashed the code even better.
    how do you know your opponent didn’t have the same issue and you were bound to lose anyways

Simple really, if your opponent hasn't dropped any battles they haven't had the same issue.

I've dropped battles in every GAC round so far because of this bug, some I've won anyway some I haven't.

What I do find now is that I just throw whatever team I fancy trying against my opponents defence without bothering with an attack plan, less frustration this way (for me) which certainly has caused me to fail more naturally and be less efficient. Whether that is enough to cause me to lose matches where I otherwise would of won who knows.

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Catching up with all things from the weekend + my PTO

I've put this on my list to discuss with the team.

Thank you for your patience.
    Any update on this @CG_Tusken_Meathead ? It continues to be a major problem.
    Still looking into it...which means shove off and take it.
    No, it means they are looking into it but haven't figured it out yet. Intermittent bugs like this can be very difficult to track down.
  • EtchaSketch
    74 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Android user, S20, having the same issues, probably 15 times since the mod update. It even happens when going from the store (well from anywhere) to the home screen.
    This is really annoying and is affecting gameplay big time. Losing in squad arena, gac, tw because of the screen freezing is a real pain. As others have said, if it was something wrong that ended up benefitting the players, ie extra crystals, or shards whatever, CG would have a hotfix the next day at the latest. But screwing the players over, meh theyll get to it "soon"

Between the overpowered datacrons and now this ****, makes me wonder why i still bother playing
    Lost 1 battle through ships; their ships were pretty weak. I would have won. What is especially galling is the lack of interaction from CG. But typical...
  • Spending bronziums. Galaxy S20. So far the several crashes recently haven't affected anything serious. Several crashes, do I need to say several again?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Spending bronziums. Galaxy S20. So far the several crashes recently haven't affected anything serious. Several crashes, do I need to say several again?
    Say "several" again. Fifty times fast. While shooting Tequila. ;)
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Spending bronziums. Galaxy S20. So far the several crashes recently haven't affected anything serious. Several crashes, do I need to say several again?
    Say "several" again. Fifty times fast. While shooting Tequila. ;)

Tequila makes my head hurt! But, that must be what the playtesters are doing. They said they tested it several times.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Trying reinstall game but still have it. Lost twice GAC battles, same in last TW, now TB and area,ship area!!!
    Feel so frustrated, game more and more going to terrible!q7ykwn5ae1qw.jpg
  • Ever since the recent updates, the updates that included the new mod enhancements, the game has been frequently crashing in the load screen when battles are loading. The loading spinner just stops moving, the music continues, and eventually the game just shuts down. Ive made a help ticket in game too. Before they suggest that this is my phone or my connection, this is clearly not isolated to just me. I've been reading other complaints about it on the forums for days. This has happened to me 4 times since the updates and today it cost me my grand arena match. CG, are you doing anything about this? If not, I'm quitting the game after more than 6 years playing and I'm taking my wallet with me. Tell me something good now please.
  • With ya': many, many people posting about same: I've lost 2 recent GACs because of this: 5 GLs, 8.1mm, have spent to support CG efforts: no more.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Way worse since the update. I updated about 20 minutes ago and have had 3 freezes already going between menus. Not touching gac until this is fixed

Updated what?

Not 20 minutes prior to that person posting about it...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Seems an awful lot like there isn't going to be a response to this
  • Yup can confirm it happens on both my Pixel phone and Nox player. Cost me my GA since I have only one GL and as soon as I tried to load the fight it froze. Bye bye my GL and any chances to win.
  • CG: "You are on our bug list, but we do not grant you the rank of being official."
    Game freezing bug: "But why? It only takes like 3 secs to post a random copy pasta acknowledgement on the dev announcements..."
    CG: "Take a seat, low priority one!"
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    ue3wnuy8ioet.jpg
    So I just calmed down a little. Figured I'd try to finish my gac match. If I could do well in the remaining matches I'd still have a shot at a win. And this is what I get. I'm done with this. This is ridiculous.
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Thanks CG. Really enjoying your game today. This whole press a button and watch the app shut down mechanic youve implemented is pretty sweet. whe868o6prle.jpg

Galaxy S20 if anyone cares
    Post edited by HaywoodJBLM on
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Same here. Anxiously awaiting a response from anyone. Even just a "we know and we're working on it" would be appreciated. The total silence we seem to be getting is insanity. I'm giving this 24 hours then I'm walking. I've had enough
  • Just had it happen again in gac. Had no drops and of course the screen froze going into the last ground team
  • TVF wrote: »

Updated what?

Not 20 minutes prior to that person posting about it...

It definitely was after the jabba update. And if it was less than 20 minutes then I had 3 crashed in less than 20 minutes so even worse than I gave them credit for.
  • BigFudge
    32 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Just like that, just lost a ship battle in GAC cuz of this freeze. Unfortunately won't be able to clear their ship zone now thanks to this.

Most likely was going to lose the GAC to this player, so it's not going to necessarily cost me crystals, but it could have. Definitely disappointed in the increase in freezing and having to restart this game.
  • For what it's worth, the game still runs perfectly fine in my emulator. On my phone not so much. I no longer touch GAC, TB, TW or fleet arena battles while I'm on my phone.
  • I've had the same issue at least 6 times
  • ObiDarthYoda
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    And froze up during ships in TB. Really @CG_Tusken_Meathead @CG_SBCrumb . People have spent REAL $$$ - more than a BILLION $$$ on a game they will never own. Have respect for all those who have put money into this - money that is paid to all those at EA & CG - and some of the gamers who have put in thousands upon thousands of hours on the game. Pay coders more and get better coders.