Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• The total lack of a response to this over the course of now several days is disheartening.
  • Just froze twice in gac on a pixel 6a...first time I'd taken out jmk in 3v3 then this happens :(
  • I've encontered something "new".
    This happened yesterday and today when I wanted to go on a zone in GAC. It freezes like this, music continues, same as the loading screen freeze eventually turns black.

7z16szujb7sh.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Freeze up without spinner. Just navigating back from the fleet holotables to the main area. Fun!

nde56prgadoo.png

Ah sorry, just saw your post after I made mine.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Arena Battle - Samsung A21

Has only happened once, thankfully. The general observation from my guild is that it happens most on the Samsung S series, but not exclusively so.
  • Screen keep constantly freezing after update (Samsung Galaxy Note S20). Have lost already 3 GA matches and 2k of valuable crystals, without any compensation. Can you please eventually find a competent programmer and fix all your **** bugs ASAP?
  • Previous GAC round several freezes. I even lost the first round because of this. 19th again 2 freezes and GAC and 1 in conquest. Today again 2 freezes during GAC which would have been guaranteed wins. Now fir the first time even during a Fleet battle. Full clear was not even possible anymore. All battles with the freeze were losses in points and my teams. Super annoying and making competitives aspects of the game really frustrating
  • Now an error just trying to select an item in the store..
    qx2yk9mreawy.png
  • dib9rt8drg78.jpg
    C'mon cg do finaly something it gets worse every day!
  • Add another one entering GAC battle 👎
    S21
  • Koniec1980 wrote: »
    dr1bxksgvwth.jpg

Thanks! At least they've acknowledged that it isn't the players' faults for their game being buggy since the last big update. Not that we'll get compensation or anything.
  • And just cost me another. Thanks for all your great work CGzbd8kgvw0sho.jpg
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm done with this game. You just lost a 6 year daily customer. Thanks CG. The game modes I continue to play for are unplayable for me. So there's just no point in continuing.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    And just cost me another. Thanks for all your great work CG
    Do you know Samsung has hardcoded swgoh to be throttled? There are articles about it and everything

Speculation is that most affected devices of loading screen has been the latest Samsung phones for that reason

If so, its not an easy fix for CG, and any other device should be fine for now, or bluestacks since I've seen Ahnald run that fine without any issues

Just some alternatives until the whole Samsung throttling issue is fixed but I don't think CG is entirely to be blamed here
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Do you know Samsung has hardcoded swgoh to be throttled? There are articles about it and everything

Speculation is that most affected devices of loading screen has been the latest Samsung phones for that reason

If so, its not an easy fix for CG, and any other device should be fine for now, or bluestacks since I've seen Ahnald run that fine without any issues

Just some alternatives until the whole Samsung throttling issue is fixed but I don't think CG is entirely to be blamed here

Just because Ahnald run that fine, doesn't mean it's fine. You know better than I that 1 person is no statistics for anything.

But let's assume you're right by saying most of the affected devices are the latest versions of Samsung.
    Considering that Samsung owners are big part of the player base (whether it's 15%, 25%, 40% or whatever, it doesn't really matter), the option of changing phones is not practical, because not many would change their latest version Samsung for a game...
    Therefore, it's CG job to find a way around it, even if it's difficult
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Now an error just trying to select an item in the store..
    qx2yk9mreawy.png

I have had this occasionally (unrelated to the timing of latest update). I suspect that this is the general catch-all exception handler. Restart is the only thing it can do at this point.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Just because Ahnald run that fine, doesn't mean it's fine. You know better than I that 1 person is no statistics for anything.

But let's assume you're right by saying most of the affected devices are the latest versions of Samsung.
    Considering that Samsung owners are big part of the player base (whether it's 15%, 25%, 40% or whatever, it doesn't really matter), the option of changing phones is not practical, because not many would change their latest version Samsung for a game...
    Therefore, it's CG job to find a way around it, even if it's difficult

Like I said, Samsung is also at fault here for SWGOH crashing because they are throttling the game

But I agree, Samsung has their reasons for throttling and CG needs to resolve the issue by reaching out to Samsung or do better memory management, both things take time

Meathead has already posted twice ITT that CG is aware and is looking into it

Issue here is that Samsung is a flagship device for Android, and majority of players either own an Apple Device or a Samsung device running Android, so yeah, they need to treat this is a critical priority fix

Until they do (and they should!), I was trying to give Haywood alternatives to keep playing a game he likes to play in the interim
  • I've had the issue once with a Pixel phone (not Samsung). At least it isn't every time.
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I've been seeing this reported on multiple devices. I also don't have any other devices I can run this game on. I don't think a little more communication is too much to ask. How long has it been now since the mod update? Over a week at least. This is ridiculous. I also think going forward with this gac while knowing a good chunk of their players can't engage with it and are just getting slaughtered is a clear indication of who these devs are. They won't stop the money machine just because we're getting screwed. And that is what this is doing. I've lost 2 shots at wins so far. That's 500 crystals x2, so a thousand, plus the hit to my skill rating and placement. It's going to be harder for me to work my way back to where I was, and its going to hit my daily payout amount. Despite just generally being frustrating that I can't play and feeling marginalized by their lack of communication about it. They should have either canceled this gac, or compensated the effected players. Or both. Canceled and compensated everyone. Instead we've got silence, and what appears to be a total lack of action, punctuated by a long conversation with tech support that netted me two contradictory answers, an answer that seems to be for a different game, and they repeated the same questions 4 times over the course of the day and answered my answer with the same question. Really this is nonsense. It's indefensible as far as I'm concerned.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yes it happens on other devices but its extremely rare, its commonly occuring in Samsung, if you follow this thread, bug reports, and discord communities, you will see a good bulk is Samsung owners and they are having this issue multiple times a day

Other devices might run into this issue maybe once a week... maybe
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I've been seeing this reported on multiple devices. I also don't have any other devices I can run this game on. I don't think a little more communication is too much to ask. How long has it been now since the mod update? Over a week at least. This is ridiculous

Meathead has updated twice this week

in this thread

he has no further updates
  • I'm using a Xiaomi Mi 10. Multiple crashes a day.
  • dacejoy99
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    This is complete crap! I'm going to lose my gac battle because the game froze entering my Exec mirror battle. I have a Galaxy S21 FE 5G. Game is freezing multiple times a day and it doesn't matter where either (tb, gac, arena, shops).
  • Yanelrad0809
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    My game froze 3 times in gac today, this is my 3rd lost match due to this. One week has passed but still they are doing nothing. Its happening to all whether its apple, samsung, xiaomi, etc. Putting blame on ur players and phone manufacturers is not fare. You cant understand frustration and pain to loose match with no fault of your own. People are justifiable mad because cg have not done anything constructive. Simply putting "we are looking" is not done, it just plain lip service. Try to own ur mistake and you will find people to be much considerate.
  • Definitely not just Samsung devices. My Google Pixel 2 has been having issues ever since the title update. Was fine before that.

I am no fan of Samsung phones but this issue is clearly with CG's software.