Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• Hi!
    I have the same problem! And this problem also came with your last update 09/14, as thread opener said.
    Game freezes on battle load screen. nothing happens , even if i wait a loooong time. Game and Sound hangs.
    I am loosing my GAC because of that!! My crystals((
    Device: samsung galaxy s20+.
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    lbgm9ljdifa7.jpg

I was 1 win from kyber 3 when this event started.
  • This seems like one of the nastiest kind of bugs - inconsistent across devices or players. If I were dev, at this point, I would contact a group of players known to have this issue repeatedly, and have them run a custom build, with additional logging and debugging turned on. With some luck that could produce more relevant data for triaging.
  • This seems like one of the nastiest kind of bugs - inconsistent across devices or players. If I were dev, at this point, I would contact a group of players known to have this issue repeatedly, and have them run a custom build, with additional logging and debugging turned on. With some luck that could produce more relevant data for triaging.

Applause !!
  • Fleet arena says "Nope!"
    kagxqengeeq9.png
  • I'm guessing this is a problem for Android phones, my huwaiei is having the same problems.

CG as its clearly not an isolated problem, which is affecting lots of players any chance of a meaningful update on this?

I'm lucky that it's more inconvenient and hasn't ruined a GAC, but there is nothing worse. It's been happening for over a week now so an update would be great...
  • Just navigating back from the TW/TB selection screen to the main holotable area.
    x8l94qmd9cyw.png
  • Zereniona wrote: »
    Everything is fine until yesterday update (mod QOL update). After this update I suffer from game freeze a lot of time (around 1 out of 10 time I will freeze at loading screen when enter the battle). It's happened in every game mode. I freeze in today TW too lose one good team for no reason. Tomorrow GAC will be fun lol

I've been getting the loading screen freeze a few times a day. Just a few minutes ago it froze while loading the Dooku CM in TB. Counted as an attempt.....
  • Ultra wrote: »
    And just cost me another. Thanks for all your great work CG
    Do you know Samsung has hardcoded swgoh to be throttled? There are articles about it and everything

Speculation is that most affected devices of loading screen has been the latest Samsung phones for that reason

If so, its not an easy fix for CG, and any other device should be fine for now, or bluestacks since I've seen Ahnald run that fine without any issues

Just some alternatives until the whole Samsung throttling issue is fixed but I don't think CG is entirely to be blamed here

It happened to me on bluestack more often than my Samsung SG9.
  • Ever since the mod update the game locks up on my nearly daily. Never had an issue with lock ups really before. Been playing several years. Had more lock ups in the last 2 weeks than the prior 4 years combined.
  • Just backing out of one of my opponent's zones in GAC...
    j16a1p0n5u4v.png
  • This time it happened when I wanted to view my opponent's roster

1hndrqkq10ln.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • I had a freeze today while simming.
    Had multiple when just moving between screens too.
  • This is gone too far, it is now costing me at least 50 crystals the last 3 days cause the game froze on my climb to 1st in fleet arena and I get a loss and have to refresh cause of it. 2 of the days I had to refresh a 2nd 50 crystals because to freeze made it so I couldn't play again for 10 minutes and would not have enough time to get in 1st unless I did refresh. Cmon you bums CG do something, at the very least acknowledge me
  • yfcqgq03989u.png

In fleet arena on a Pixel 3. Help us CG. You're our only hope.
  • Lost my GAC going into ship battle game freezes up...has happen multiple timesflrb0ovtanrd.jpg
  • Problem that costs the players money: whatever, it'll get fixed when we get around to it, let's take the weekend off

Problem that costs CG money: ALL HANDS ON DECK, I WANT SUPPORT TEAMS ON THIS 24/7 AND I WANT PROBABILITY SCENARIOS FROM EVERYONE ON MY DESK BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY
  • LordI
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Happening with Xiaomi too.
    Many people with the same Issue, ruining gac, TB, conquest and ships arena.
    Teams lost for gac, geonosis maybe losing a * due to this issue and wasted energy in conquest and forced to refresh to get rank1.
    Answer of the customer support department "clean caché..." (Nothing usefull)
    Answer in 2-3 weeks when solved "problem fixed, sorry for the inconvenience"

Conclusion: rewards lost, no compensation for a development bug and a Big apologizement message (as usual).
    Good balance to keep people in game not retiring. (Sarcasm)

Edit: Starkiller team lost to use on offense.
    Good game, continue ruining games clap clap
    Post edited by LordI on
    This game sucks
  • I got my first game crash today on my iPhone 12. Trying to load the Fleet table. Just never loaded it.
  • I've lost already 4 GA matches because of constant crashes, whole GA is ruined, crystalls lost. Thank you CG, I won't spend a cent on this game any more.
  • I was able to reproduce this issue by playing the game for a while. Ate my empire fleet in GAC. Pixel 6 Pro
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I just lost my GAC to game freezes.

Thanks for the "surprise mechanics" CG.

Guess now I have to plan how many battles I can drop and how many freezes I can afford and still win. Chances look slim. 🙄
    Post edited by Blake085 on
  • Seems an awful lot like there isn't going to be a response to this

SEE definitely needs a buff!
  • Just curious here, exactly how many Grand Arenas am I expected to sit and spend hours planning only to lose because the game freezes on the loading screen? What a complete kick in sack. This game is completely pointless to play if this allowed to continue.
  • Just curious here, exactly how many Grand Arenas am I expected to sit and spend hours planning only to lose because the game freezes on the loading screen? What a complete kick in sack. This game is completely pointless to play if this allowed to continue.

Well, the missing buttons bug was first introduced over 5 years ago, and we still have that, so...
  • Game froze during GAC, most frustrating as match making is also not in my favour atm and this was the 1 winnable round.

Any news CG?
  • jffkq4vjkyzx.jpg

2022-09-26

Rank 106 vs Rank 111
    Mal vs Prof gameplay

Wasn't important at all :)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Nail on head
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    I just lost my GAC to game freezes.

Thanks for the "surprise mechanics" CG.

Guess now I have to plan how many battles I can drop and how many freezes I can afford and still win. Chances look slim. 🙄

Don't know why it doesn't show in the thread
  • Second freeze in GAC

CG care to comment?