Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• Second freeze in GAC

CG care to comment?

They did already. They're looking into it. Allegedly.
  • I just lost my GAC to game freezes.

Thanks for the "surprise mechanics" CG.

Guess now I have to plan how many battles I can drop and how many freezes I can afford and still win. Chances look slim. 🙄
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Second freeze in GAC

CG care to comment?

Tbf that was a week ago, and not a separate post that people have to scroll and find, it should be posted onto the main forum. GAC and TW loses effect crystals and progression.

Not being able to fix it immediately isn't the issue, people would be a lot more understanding of issues if they were communicated properly
  • LordI
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    The worst development studio ever.
    StarSon wrote: »
    Second freeze in GAC

CG care to comment?

Very usefull when 3gac weeks are ruined

Main problem is all progress lost. They won't fix that, if we have a bug, f***off (us)
    This game sucks
  • In spite of you CG! Your game is broken as hell. Crashed on me 3 times in this event, and I won anyway. Put that on your pancakes CG. zvkltp1egi51.jpg
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Second freeze in GAC

CG care to comment?

Tbf that was a week ago, and not a separate post that people have to scroll and find, it should be posted onto the main forum. GAC and TW loses effect crystals and progression.

Not being able to fix it immediately isn't the issue, people would be a lot more understanding of issues if they were communicated properly

If this bug was causing every PVE event that players did to freeze and give us an automatic victory, they'd be approving overtime for them to be in the office over the weekend to get it fixed as the #1 priority. Because it only effects players and we're the only ones losing resources, time, money, crystals, etc., their priority list above it is a little more packed, allegedly.
  • I lost 2 teams in GAC to freezing. Still managed to pull out a win, don't think my opponent likes 3v3 as he only attacked twice despite having 6 GLs to my 5.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I was able to reproduce this issue by playing the game for a while. Ate my empire fleet in GAC. Pixel 6 Pro

Unfortunately you can be playing the game for 5 minutes or 5 hours. Happened to me once right after i logged in, went to go to the Store to pull a bronzium and it happened.
    IF we still got crystals from Squad Arena, losing in fleets because of this **** wouldnt be as bad. Actually, no, its still bad, seeing as something CG introduced with the 9/14 update is causing this to happen. I'd prefer to have a stable game then new mod toys. Oh wait, theres mats with the new mods that people pay for, silly me, god forbid they ever fix anything properly.
  • Fleet arena again.
    ftf2flgzdqrb.png
  • 4th straight day this has cost me 50 crystals in fleet arena having to refresh to get into 1st cause it freezes and run out of attempts. S20 FE phone
  • Been 6 days since we've had any communication at all about this. Just putting that out there.
  • Most interesting thing, is that Game crashes joining a fight. Doesn't matter the game mode.
    Never crashes if you are joining the shop to spend some money.
    This game sucks
  • Started out with just battles but it's locked up in multiple places for me at this point.

So a little while ago I cleared all the downloadable content and let the app re-download it. Even navigated all around inside the app to make sure it got everything.

It was doing okay for a while but just now I was navigating back from the GAC signup page and...
    9fgxfsvmlapc.png
  • If you check swgoh.gg GAC history, lost squads due to this bug are not appearing.

This game sucks
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yes it happens on other devices but its extremely rare, its commonly occuring in Samsung, if you follow this thread, bug reports, and discord communities, you will see a good bulk is Samsung owners and they are having this issue multiple times a day

Other devices might run into this issue maybe once a week... maybe

Not for me. I run the game on a Sony Xperia 5 ii (from late 2020) and never had issues before. Then from the il update onward I have an average of 4-7 freezes per day, most of them happens in gac/tb but sometimes also by simply going back to the main screen.

As far as I know sony doesn't run the game with hardcoded throttling, but anyway, at 8 GB of RAM/snapdragon 865 this should not become a problem exactly as it hasn't been until a few days ago.
    Res non verba
  • LordI wrote: »
    Most interesting thing, is that Game crashes joining a fight. Doesn't matter the game mode.
    Never crashes if you are joining the shop to spend some money.

Game just crashed on me simming my dailies. I don't know yet what I got or if it failed to go thru and I lost currency. I've also had crashes opening the store before.
  • Lol, just froze signing up for GA. 😞
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Started out with just battles but it's locked up in multiple places for me at this point.

So a little while ago I cleared all the downloadable content and let the app re-download it. Even navigated all around inside the app to make sure it got everything.

It was doing okay for a while but just now I was navigating back from the GAC signup page and...
    9fgxfsvmlapc.png

The battle loading freeze up and the one when you navigate between pages feel like two separate issues.
  • Game won’t go any further than the checking for updates screen
    Started out with just battles but it's locked up in multiple places for me at this point.

9fgxfsvmlapc.png

The battle loading freeze up and the one when you navigate between pages feel like two separate issues.
    That is possible. It is also possible they are related.

The initial problem was frozen loading spinner when trying to initiate a battle. That started after the title update.

The other.navigation freezes only started after the subsequent content update I believe.

Both issues are currently active.
  • grfogth76v08.jpg
    And another tw battle lost...
  • Just happened to me in TW on Bluestack, battle consumed , so ..... not Samsung specific !!!
  • LordI wrote: »
    If you check swgoh.gg GAC history, lost squads due to this bug are not appearing.

It seems it's not only this bug making the lost match not appearing on swgoh.gg, I lost a battle also by retreating and it did not show up on swgoh.gg and the battle count on that team was wrong like I never sent a team against.

If there is no error from swgoh.gg it means only that is not a client issue but a server issue ...

The server seems to consume the client request BUT did not sent back any reply to the client so it keep waiting infinitely, this is my guess ...
  • My arena trackers got a lot more Timeout issue also ....
  • Another freez, this time it cost me a TW match
    I also had much more freezing, but this is the latest...
    I wonder how long it'll take to fix this, or even get an update..

@CG_Tusken_Meathead I know it's not a GL event, so we don't expect a fix within hour from when it first start, but it's been almost 2 weeks already. People lost their crystals, gear, relic mats and patience.

The only response we get is pretty much "we're looking into it".

This is how you treat your player base? We deserve bettersdz9e823z57i.jpg
  • HaywoodJBLM
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    The longer we go here with no communication at all, the more it really feels like we just aren't going to get a fix on this. At this point I'd be a bit surprised if this wasn't all we get.
  • TW, froze while taking my Imps in vs NS...CG's poor coding cost us a squad and points as it's an easy win. Must say I'm impressed with CG's lack of communication: one would think that potential future playing of EA/CG games would be a consideration...My bad :)
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

9fgxfsvmlapc.png

That is possible. It is also possible they are related.

The initial problem was frozen loading spinner when trying to initiate a battle. That started after the title update.

The other.navigation freezes only started after the subsequent content update I believe.

Both issues are currently active.

I had navigation freezes (occasionally) even before the recent updates, in iOS, but I have not had any battle loading spinner. /knock_on_wood
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Sure would be nice if someone at least said something about what you're doing in regards to this issue CG. It's effecting lots of players and even EA admitted it's not just our device and our fault.

Losing teams in TW effects my whole guild, losing teams in TB effects my whole guild. This is significant and needs to be addressed a lot faster than you're addressing it.

Just thought I'd add, you might not be using this in the current week, but your dev tracker lists a bunch of minor issues being tracked, but this freeze bug is nowhere to be found. Curious.

https://trello.com/b/vgQhKHMf/swgoh-developer-tracker