Ideas to make Datacrons better

hunchew
70 posts Member
1. Remove GLs from datacron boosted characters.
2. Provide ability to farm datacron upgrade materials (outside of conquest). If you want people to engage with them, you need to provide the upgrade materials that people earn as part of their daily game play.
3. Implement Gear Economy changes if you insist of selling DC upgrade materials for Shard Shop or Ally Point currency.
4. Increase duration of datacron usability. As they are, there is just not enough time to properly understand everything that DCs can do and how to use and counter them.

Feel free to add your ideas.

Replies

• hunchew
    70 posts Member
    5. Allow their use in PVE content (TB/conquest/events).
  • Divide all stat boosts by 4-10. No more 400% health steal, 40% at most. No 80% Tenacity, 20% at most.
  • Yeah these dc need a huge nerf. Health steal on a GL is way to op
  • Change the relic 3 limit from
    “everyone has to be relic 3 or you can’t use it”
    to
    “only those that are relic 3 get the benefit”

With only 9 relic’d units I can’t afford to make a full relic team in GAC, which prevents me from using datacrons at all in GAC
  • hunchew
    70 posts Member
    BuyBitcoin wrote: »
    Divide all stat boosts by 4-10. No more 400% health steal, 40% at most. No 80% Tenacity, 20% at most.

I would say top out at 100% stat boost total. Not more then that. That should boost non-GL teams nicely.
  • Make re-rolls scale per level, not per datacron.
  • 1. Tone the stat boosts right down.
    2. Don't let them apply to GLs or any team where a GL is present.
  • Remove them from the game. That will make everything better.
  • Bearda
    24 posts Member
    Reduce the sheer RNG nature of them and actually do what you sold them to do, shake up the meta, make Pheonix GAS tier, or Tuskins a threat to CLS that sort of thing.
  • Making datacrons better is like trying to spit shine a ****.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    6. remove them

but really just removing GLs would be the best and a necessary thing to change. GLs don't need the boost and datacrons just break them
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Bearda wrote: »
    Reduce the sheer RNG nature of them and actually do what you sold them to do, shake up the meta, make Pheonix GAS tier, or Tuskins a threat to CLS that sort of thing.

If they let you pick the stat or trait, you would see exactly 3 datacrons everywhere. Might as well make dont even give options then.

• IronCross wrote: »
    Remove them from the game. That will make everything better.

While I would wholeheartedly support this, it is extremely unlikely. So, if they are here to stay, maybe we can provide concrete ways that we as players might find them a bit more enjoyable. That's the whole reason for this thread. I have a tiny speck of hope that CG will not ignore this feedback.
  • I've posted this elsewhere, will will do so here again in hopes that the devs see it. I don't think it is likely that you will get rid of datacrons, given the time and money that I imagine went into creating them. However, they need serious modifications if you want players to accept them without rage quitting. I think one of the first changes is that they should not apply to GLs and GL squads, at all. At the very least, the specific abilities granted should not apply to GLs and GL squads. I don't think among the numerous things players have been requesting over the years, is "can you please make the META teams even more powerful?" If only applicable to non-GL teams, it could be a fun way to vary up matches and theory-craft, and give some lesser used teams more viability. There's few enough counters to GLs as it is, without giving them God-like special abilities. Especially given the fact that the effects given by each datacron are random, so its pretty much just another RNG roll. Not exactly fun (at all). I believe this is the most important (and initial) change that needs to be made. Once that's done, the other kinks can probably be worked out, given enough testing time and feedback from players. Please consider this. It is a change that can be made without throwing the entire system away, which i believe will greatly reduce player hatred of them.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Just throwing out an idea here, not the delete them one which is my preference.
    Have these data-CONS act like leadership mods with similar upgrades like regular mods with some very minor abilities. Only leaders can have them and they can require teams be certain relic levels as is. Just an idea but make them much less impactful and just an additional bonus with about the same rarity of 6* mod upgrade materials.

Basically a 7th mod but for leaders only and impact the team as is up big down scale of numbers.
  • Darthwares
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    6. Just get rid of the pesky things
  • If not remove them entirely, remove them from PVP. Let them work in conquest and events.
  • Aiin
    11 posts Member
    Burn them
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    BuyBitcoin wrote: »
    Divide all stat boosts by 4-10. No more 400% health steal, 40% at most. No 80% Tenacity, 20% at most.

% Health Steal increases show this game was designed and balanced with whatever health steal each unit has and anything double or more than that is absurd and game breaking
  • remove them from the game!
  • ts_71 wrote: »
    remove them from the game!

That’s the best.
  • Just remove Datacrons, please. Nobody asked for another thing to chase nor did we ask for a bunch of abilities that ruin established counters. These things make PVP less fun and too complex. TW has gotten much worse as Datacrons have killed engagement plus, for many players, GAC became a bigger chore. Also, the relic level restrictions are a just that: restrictive.

If they must stay, Datacrons 1) shouldn’t target GLs and 2) shouldn’t be massively OP. If anything, they should be like Consumables in Conquest: a boost in power (preferably for offense).
  • Please just remove datacrons from the game. They absolutely blow!

Remember when Blizzard introduced the auction house in Diablo 3, then eventually canned it because it upended the entire point of the game? Well, replace Blizzard, auction house and Diablo 3 with CG, datacrons and swgoh.

Datacrons negate the gameplay loop of gearing/relic-ing your characters for three reasons: they're insanely OP so trivialize prior gear investment, they're temporary in nature which makes them unsatisfying, and they break the hard-fought balance of the game.

They could have been used effectively to boost C-level teams (ie Phoenix) for some fun novelty, or in a more modest boost to non-GL teams, but as they are they're broken. They were broken before the recent "improvements", and they're broken after too.
  • Wasnt the auction house made for getting your stuff instead of grinding for the items you need?

Like, i dont see a relic 5 scoundrel squad popping up in my roster once i got the datacron
  • Fire the people responsible for inventing them
  • Just had a thought.

I kinda hate that you can get rid of toons, but the datacron remains. Then I remembered those events with boxes. How about have the datacron be a box we can try to destroy? Adds a bit more strategy to attacking as well.
  • Delete them entirely, apologize to the players for **** on years of GL farming and issue 5,000 crystals to everyone for the hassle. Lol
  • Delete them entirely, apologize to the players for **** on years of GL farming and issue 5,000 crystals to everyone for the hassle. Lol

LOOL funny guy. Why the 5000 crystals since y'all dont even invest time into them?
  • The initial release about datacrons talked about underutilised squads.

The only way they can bring unused squads into play is if all relic requirements are removed.

I'm not going to relic 7 a character (and r5 their team) for the temporary use that datacrons give. But if there was no relic requirement and it made a team useful, that might be fun.

The Aayla datacron for example. R7 needed, and it looked fun to use/a pain to face. But I'm not going to put r7 on her for the 3 months that one lasted, or 4 months now. There are about 230 characters in the game. What are the chances that Aayla will cycle back into a datacron bonus? Seems very unlikely to me. 3 months later and those relic materials sure would have been nice elsewhere.

But with no relic requirements she could have shined brightly for a few months.

So one improvement would be remove requirements to use them.

But even then, I'd just prefer they were gone. I don't need another level of complexity in this game.
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    First of all, CG should create a philosophy of datacrons. I think it should look like this:
    • Temporary tool to lift outsiders power on ~GL level
    • Save priceless theory-crafting side of the game
    • Make people care about datacrons and spend money on them

Best steps with this perspective I could suggest:
    1. Remove GL and meta squad units from datacrons - dc should be an outsider lifter tool
    2. Remove all bonuses from 1-2, 4-5, 7-8 levels, make them only 3 perk level datacrons - perk focus without % bonuses make them better in theory-crafting
    3. Remove datacrons drop from everywhere, put them in a shop and reveal datacron side-faction-unit from start - give player ability to buy what they needed for dc currency or crystals
    4. Make 3-6 sets available from start and make them available for 6 month in theory-crafting purposes
    5. Make datacrons upgrade cost in this proportions: 9 dc 1st level = 3 dc 2nd level = 1 dc 3rd level