Game Freeze while in loading screen

Replies

• Hello folks,

There is no new update on this issue some of you are facing.

It's not one of those easy fixes as it doesn't have a clear issue (Lots of theory that's not 100% repo).

The team is still looking into this.

I had this problem come up when I was upgrading a character from relic 5 to relic 7 before an arena match. The game froze before I could get into a match and I couldn't fix it no matter what I did. Restarting the app didn't help either. I had to do a full Uninstall and reinstall for it to work again. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the game referencing old files or variables. Afterwards the problem went away.
  • Hello folks,

It's not one of those easy fixes as it doesn't have a clear issue (Lots of theory that's not 100% repo).

Ok
    Until it's solved, many people is losing teams in gac (and losing rounds) losing battles in TW, losing teams in Geonosis without fighting, and other ones losing tickets of galactic legend events.
    Crystals, items and * lost. Any solution for that?
    This game sucks
  • Hello folks,

Thank you for the communication, but the support chats and email lines are non-responsive when it comes to reimbursement of GL tokens and energy to be made whole from the crashes. Are there any escalation recourses?
  • I'll take this over nothing any day of the week
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Elyahu41 wrote: »
    Hello folks,

I had this problem come up when I was upgrading a character from relic 5 to relic 7 before an arena match. The game froze before I could get into a match and I couldn't fix it no matter what I did. Restarting the app didn't help either. I had to do a full Uninstall and reinstall for it to work again. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the game referencing old files or variables. Afterwards the problem went away.
    I would not be so sure that reinstalling has eliminated the problem. I cleared all cached local data, leaving just the .apk which is immutable so effectively equivalent to a reinstall and I am still getting freezes.

Just now, trying to navigate out of the TW user interface...

8krvd22n17bk.png
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Hello folks,

I would not be so sure that reinstalling has eliminated the problem. I cleared all cached local data, leaving just the .apk which is immutable so effectively equivalent to a reinstall and I am still getting freezes.

8krvd22n17bk.png

I'm (luckily) getting this more than the freeze in battles... Frustrating but at least I can just force close and just go do something else
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Hello folks,

8krvd22n17bk.png

I also have reinstalled the game twice now since this started, and I clear my cache every time it happens. Doesn't seen to be having an effect one way or another. It definitely started for me when the big mod updates hit. I was fine before that. I read something somewhere where someone was suggesting that the crashing is happening due to an unfinished pve battle happening prior to the attempt at a pvp battle, causing the freeze, so the suggestion was to complete a pve battle first. I tried that during the last round of gac and didn't get any crashes for the first time since this started. Could easily have just gotten lucky too though.
  • It's getting more and more annoying every gac round. Myself and probably a lot of other players can't have a single gac round without the screen freezing. I had another freeze which of course is probably gonna keep me from clearing. People are losing out on so many crystals and yet nobody seems to care about it. I think I've just about lost all motivation to finish this gac season. I restart my game in between every match and yet it still happens. You guys are too busy counting all your money you made from jabba and the new mod update and data crons to even care about the player base enough to make sure this is fixed.....but we'll drop a puzzle tonight to distract everyone from the technical issues in this game
  • When you have one decent team left to clear a zone and the game freezes (!!!!AGAIN!!!!) at the start of the battle during GA 3V3. I just want to ___ (please fill the space).

For Darwin's sake CG, do something useful for once!
    348-987-811 since 24th Jan 2016
  • l7cjbl1um0fw.jpg

Final gac battle. Me vs executor. Glitch wins. Flawless victory.
  • I had an easy win on one of my account in GaC but of course it happened twice in four battle.

Thanks CG.
  • Annex
    12 posts Member
    Hello folks,

So, what's going to happen in the meantime.. any sort of "make goods". I've been frozen in all aspects: GAC, TB, TW, and now GL tickets.. I can get over the PvP stuff. But with spending actual money to quickly add GL Rey to my roster, this is where the line is drawn. @CG_Tusken_Meathead please give some feedback.

Thanks in advance.
  • Had it in squad fleet today. Unfortunately cost me a refresh so that was rather annoying. I get em about twice a day, and it happens everywhere. Im afraid to hit GAC because when it freezes there Im pretty much kittens.

I hope a fix comes, because it is evident that players are having issues more often since the update. These arent isolated cases but now affecting numerous folks, enough to come to the forums and complain en masse about it.
  • I’d say 25% of the people in my guild are experiencing this glitch as of late so it’s a high impact bug.
  • Fun one this morning. Tried to buy an item from the store and got an error popup forcing an app restart Went back to the store after restart and tried to buy it again and the app froze...
    es2ro7r22ltf.png
    Fortunately after restarting the app a second time I was finally able to buy the item so that's all right I guess. Third time lucky isn't bad, right! :p
  • Another lost team in GAC due to the freeze, but it's ok, party on CG!
  • Throwing my hat into the ring with the others. What's the plan for the make-good on this? I've already lost easily a couple thousand crystals because of it. What's the plan for that @CG_Tusken_Meathead ?
  • Easy fix. All they have to do is say the are working on it and in the mean time give 2k crystals to keep us satisfied. I know that would be ok with me.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Koniec1980 wrote: »
    Easy fix. All they have to do is say the are working on it and in the mean time give 2k crystals to keep us satisfied. I know that would be ok with me.

2k to every player?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Easy fix. All they have to do is say the are working on it and in the mean time give 2k crystals to keep us satisfied. I know that would be ok with me.

2k to every player?

That'd work for me
  • Make it 2k per screenshot posted in this thread and we'll call it good. ;)
  • Just like many others, many of my guild members are saying they're losing battles in gac/TW because of this. Why not suspend GAC and TW until you figure it out? What about GL tickets? What if it freezes then? I'm not hearing any solutions to mitigate people from losing their sht right now, just the wait and see approach.
  • Just like many others, many of my guild members are saying they're losing battles in gac/TW because of this. Why not suspend GAC and TW until you figure it out? What about GL tickets? What if it freezes then? I'm not hearing any solutions to mitigate people from losing their sht right now, just the wait and see approach.

Because then nobody would get anything, not even the loss rewards?
  • Oh it's OK, I didn't actually want to use my GAS/501st squad this TW anyways 🙄
    7vwja8t3aaam.jpg
  • The bug is spreading. Today I experienced it for the first time. It was in TW.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    18 days passed and seems isn't enough time to grant a single answer about this massive coding issue, totally normal on the team behind that app...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

2k to every player?

That'd work for me

Why not 20k?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Let me remind you (CG) that so many of us spend a stupid amount time and money to be competitive at this game only to enter battles and just throw them away at the loading screen. I've lost several GAs because of this. I'm I supposed to fight them handicapped?? I'm I supposed to quit the game?? Am I supposed to quit caring about any of it?? What I'm I supposed to do here?? I'm throwing time and money down the drain here, if you're not going to fix it, give my time and/or money back, I'll have no choice but to bounce. This is insane.
  • Never seen so many long time players leave over a bug before. Its a real kick in the sack when your whole GAC plans goes out the window in an instant because the game doesn't work.

gjvlpfch2ewt.png