It's just too much

Prev134567
They really need to nerf count dooku. Every time im in galactic wars I last to the final round and there comes the mfer count dooku, With 3 healers in my team I still can't beat him, he just counter everything and gets like 100 bonus attacks. Its just too much

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There's nothing wrong with Dooku, you just need to learn how to beat him.

1. Use stunners. Dooku himself, Asajj, Daka are good bets. If he's stunned he can't retaliate and he's a sitting duck.
    2. Use characters with strong specials. Lumi's special can crit for 5k even on a team with no crit boost and can also ability block. He's squishy. One Lumi hit can nuke half his bar.
    3. Wear him down by attacking him with tanky characters that can absorb his counters without caring much. For example, in GW I will attack him with chars like Barriss, Boba, Chewie, Kylo. He'll retaliate but he gets worn down.
    4. Use Sid to block him from being healed. If he's near dead and there's a Barriss, stun or ability block her until you can take him out.
    5. Avoid retreating with an opponent Dooku in play. He has the fastest speed.
    6. If you have 3 healers I bet they are all Jedi, and Dooku is strong against Jedi.
    I face Dooku all the time in GW. He's annoying but not a major threat as long as you play well.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I ignore him.
  • What Qeltar said, especially #3.

You can retreat with a live Dooku (#5), especially if you plan to load with mostly fresh units that can take a couple attacks in (and you got a healer to cover for it).

Poe is currently my best Dooku counter, with his Offense Down debuff, Dooku's multiple attacks become noting to fear. I think Tarkin would help in that regards too if you are lucky enough to have him.

You;re right though, seeing the guy on 10+ nodes out of 12 every day in GW tends to wear me down and make GW a much longer "daily" that it ought to be.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • The prevalence of Dooku is probably due to hes still one of the few characters that many players have with a decent power level. Perhaps his multi-attack when countering should be removed, but I can think of many other heroes I would prefer to have on my squad if I had them. He's very low on my priority radar though because while decent, he isn't nearly as threatening and dangerous many other heroes.

Given more time, I think the use of him will naturally decrease.
  • If you use aoe, you're going to get smacked back. In that respect, Dooku is working as intended. If you avoid him, he hits your Jedi with a stun. Yes, it's annoying, but it's not a game breaker. Let Lando get a crit on you and see what OP really is.
  • Only thing annoying about dooku is his stuns, especially running a jedi heavy team, more of annoying on arena than gw because you can just retreat if he lands double stuns.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Only thing annoying about dooku is his stuns, especially running a jedi heavy team, more of annoying on arena than gw because you can just retreat if he lands double stuns.

lol how many forum accounts is that?
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Only thing annoying about dooku is his stuns, especially running a jedi heavy team, more of annoying on arena than gw because you can just retreat if he lands double stuns.

My other accounts aren't banned, it's just restricted.
    Post edited by Hillsop on
  • My other accounts aren't banned, it's just restricted. How many times are you pay to win guys going to report me LOL. I got warned for writing "deal with it".

So when you come to these forums, is it your intent to fight with people?
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    My other accounts aren't banned, it's just restricted. How many times are you pay to win guys going to report me LOL. I got warned for writing "deal with it".

So when you come to these forums, is it your intent to fight with people?

Not at all, my intent is to discuss strats with people and give my opinion on several things. I've had healthy debates and discussions with guys like @cosmicturtle333 @KTroy24 etc, but when I'm constantly being attacked by pay to win players telling me I need "better strats etc", when they're just paying to win and not thinking for a second can you blame me for retaliating?
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Count dooku is not OP, he's perfect. He may be hard at first but he loses his value when you start upgrading your other characters because he is hard to farm shards and some will leave him behind.

For the Star Wars geeks like me he was a master of form II "makashi" which is heavily reliant on good footwork and dueling which is how he could counter most duelist and was hard to beat. It's awesome how they gave him those counters moves and its in respect of the late Christopher lee.
    If you can't figure out how to beat dooku then I don't think these strategy games are made for you. If you want a lesson on how to beat count dooku or slow him down then holla at my good friend @thephantomewok he will help you :smile:

Oh and as Qeltar mentioned above, hit him with the tanks players that can handle his counters.

KTroy-Smart-Tip:
    Avoid him healing by not damaging him below to the "yellow" bar as that will trigger the AI heal. Instead damage him down to just half way (still green and using normal attacks, save specials) then watch the healer turn meter and wait for them to attack. After healers attack (mostly Bariss) unleash all your specials and destroy him. You'd hate to start the match unleashing all your specials on him just for Bariss/lumi to heal him back up
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Count dooku is not OP, he's perfect. He may be hard at first but he loses his value when you start upgrading your other characters because he is hard to farm shards and some will leave him behind.

For the Star Wars geeks like me he was a master of form II "makashi" which is heavily reliant on good footwork and dueling which is how he could counter most duelist and was hard to beat. It's awesome how they gave him those counters moves and its in respect of the late Christopher lee.
    If you can't figure out how to beat dooku then I don't think these strategy games are made for you. If you want a lesson on how to beat count dooku or slow him down then holla at my good friend @thephantomewok he will help you :smile:

Tbh besides Dooku's double stun he's not really a big threat. During GW i take him out first for the speed advantage, but in arena I can pretty much ignore him. Of course if he lands his double stuns on my 2 jedis, and that player runs a dps heavy team I'm screwed though so he's still great in that sense but not op.

Do you like my new sig btw? And congrats on getting rank 4
    Post edited by Hillsop on
  • Yes "Revenge is the sweetest joy" I came 10th today because I was at work today but yes congrats bro on sniping him down. Gotta love sending them friend requests after destroying them. Just so they know it was you :smile:
  • Once in the upper levels of arena Dooku won't be an issue. I usually ignore him until the main priorities like Sid and Lumi are down. You can easily ignore/heal through his damage for a round or two while you dispatch the higher priority targets. I wouldn't take him seriously until I saw a 6*/purple Dooku, then I might have to alter the strat lol.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    They really need to nerf count dooku. Every time im in galactic wars I last to the final round and there comes the mfer count dooku, With 3 healers in my team I still can't beat him, he just counter everything and gets like 100 bonus attacks. Its just too much

You really need to step up your game. Try kill dooku last, he is weak once his allies was gone. Always take out healer first.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    As others said, Dooku is not OP as you play on. Sid n Lumi who are basically in most teams are much more dangerous, the day when you face those two in purple gear, Dooku becomes merely annoying with his stun.
  • Not at all, my intent is to discuss strats with people and give my opinion on several things. I've had healthy debates and discussions with guys like @cosmicturtle333 @KTroy24 etc, but when I'm constantly being attacked by pay to win players telling me I need "better strats etc", when they're just paying to win and not thinking for a second can you blame me for retaliating?

Yet look at your signature... That sums up your underlying message perfectly... I don't claim to read every single post in the forum, but I don't recall seeing any post from a F2P/P2P player telling you that you need a better strategy...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Dooku can be more than merely annoying at higher star levels or if the AI gets lucky. However, if we are going to complain about an overused character, it would be Sidious. Not uncommon for me to do GW and face Sidious 12 times.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    And yesterday in Arena I faced a Leia that *twice* got off *four* shots in a turn! Took down my Lumi and Sid each from nearly full health. I was not happy. But even she can be beaten, and I still won that fight. Every seemingly OP char has their weaknesses too.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    And yesterday in Arena I faced a Leia that *twice* got off *four* shots in a turn! Took down my Lumi and Sid each from nearly full health. I was not happy. But even she can be beaten, and I still won that fight. Every seemingly OP char has their weaknesses too.

Definately, every character has their weakness just gotta play smart and sometimes lucky :)
    Only thing annoying about dooku is his stuns, especially running a jedi heavy team, more of annoying on arena than gw because you can just retreat if he lands double stuns.

My other accounts aren't banned, it's just restricted. How many times are you pay to win guys going to report me LOL. I got warned for writing "deal with it".

I'm personally happy to see you phanromewok, I found your comments fun and amusing...
  • Lol of course it's fun to watch the ewok! :)
  • They really need to nerf count dooku. Every time im in galactic wars I last to the final round and there comes the mfer count dooku, With 3 healers in my team I still can't beat him, he just counter everything and gets like 100 bonus attacks. Its just too much

He's OP for new and midlevel players. So I do agree with you to a certain extent. He should be nerfed at lower levels.
  • I feel they should take away his multi attack on his counter attack. One of the most annoying things in the game is watching dookus animations as he attacks 4 times in a row on the same character.
  • but all those characters you tell me to use i dont have yet -.-

I'm personally happy to see you phanromewok, I found your comments fun and amusing...

Thanks for the support guys. F2p/crystal buyers/Dooku pack buyers need to stick together. These hardcore pay to win guys think that our input means nothing because we don't spend 100s of dollars to win.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Not at all, my intent is to discuss strats with people and give my opinion on several things. I've had healthy debates and discussions with guys like @cosmicturtle333 @KTroy24 etc, but when I'm constantly being attacked by pay to win players telling me I need "better strats etc", when they're just paying to win and not thinking for a second can you blame me for retaliating?

Yet look at your signature... That sums up your underlying message perfectly... I don't claim to read every single post in the forum, but I don't recall seeing any post from a F2P/P2P player telling you that you need a better strategy...

Oh trust me, go back to the barriss nerf threads. I didnt start retaliating until I was told by several pay to win players to get better strats. I tried being reasonable, but obviously you can't be reasonable with pay to win players.
  • He is a problem if he is boosted with all those bonus attacks. Then you don't want to wait until the end to take him down. To take him out early, a tanky attacker from the Dark Side becomes handy. One or two heavy hits by those will bring him down enough so that just any heavy attacker can finish him of without fearing his counter.
  • Dooku is fine. We don't need to downgrade him in any way. Barriss is also OK now. Since the last round of "fixes" I haven't seen anyone who needs to be altered.
  • I don't think the issue is with Dooku. It's more of an issue with how the AI utilizes RNG. That's how the AI can pull off these annoying feats with Dooku. I have him and I can't pull off that many attacks facing the AI. So it's not really a Dooku matter. It's more of the AI (lack of a better word) cheating.

Overall, I don't have any real issues with Dooku either. Annoying? Definitely. OP? No. It's more the fault of the AI cheating.