Special Deals and Bonus Crystals on the WEBSTORE

i9p8khbnjfy9.jpg

UNIT NAME: Scythe
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Support, Empire, Inquisitorius, Unaligned Force User
Crew: Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother

Key Attributes:
  • This is the first time the Fear Debuff has been introduced to Ship combat
  • Formation is a stackable buff which gives Turn Meter buff based on stack amount
  • Jedi cannot evade Basic Attack, also can buff an Imperial TIE Fighter when scoring a Crit hit
  • Special 1 can remove buffs from all enemy ships
  • Special 2 has ability to inflict Fear on all enemy ships if the target is destroyed through the ability

Inspiration:
  • This ship is coming from its appearance in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series.
  • Intimidating Fly-over is directly inspired by its first appearance on that show, where it announces its presence flying over Anchorhead on Tatooine
  • Its reinforcement Surprise and Fear comes from two of the main tactics used by Inquisitors, and marks the first time we have added Fear to fleet battles
  • We’ve always wanted to give players a swarm of Imperial TIE fighters to play with in fleet battles, so we took the opportunity to have Scythe come into battle with a pair of crewless TIEs, giving you a numerical advantage to start off the battle
  • Scythe’s reinforcement ability also summons two crewless TIEs so you don’t lose anything starting it or bringing it out later in a battle (assuming you have three open spots for ships when reinforcing).

Dev Story:

“When discussing the original design for the Scythe, the plan was to have just one crewless TIE fighter. Then when we started to build out the unit in game, someone came along in a meeting and said…

“Why not two?”

And now there are two.”
egfcyxe5av9a.png

Strategy Tips:
  • Intimidating Fly Over is a powerful mass dispel that grants stacks of Formation per buff dispelled. The key to victory is finding the right time to use this powerful ability.
  • Use against Jedi led Fleets
  • At the beginning of battle, Scythe grants locked stacks of Formation equal to the number of Imperial TIE fighters on the battlefield.

FAQ:

Can I have more than five ships on the field if I reinforce with Scythe and get two summoned Imperial TIE fighters?
No, you are still limited to a maximum of 5 ships, but you will fill up to two open slots with an Imperial TIE fighter

When Scythe buffs TIE fighters, is this just the collectible version or can it include the summoned ones as well?
The collectible Imperial TIE fighter and the summoned Imperial TIE fighters are all legal targets for anything calling out Imperial TIE fighters.

Will First Order TIE fighters count as targets for Scythe buffs?
No, only Imperial TIE fighters are legal targets.

How can I differentiate between the collectible and summoned Imperial TIE fighters in battle?
The collectible one will have the Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot crew portrait in the picture-in-picture, while the summoned ones will just have the Imperial logo.

ABILITIES:
BASIC:GA-60s Laser Cannon
nyq07o9kxup6.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, then gain 20% Turn Meter. If the target is a Jedi, this attack can't be evaded. When scoring a critical hit, grant a random Imperial TIE fighter Foresight for 2 turns that doesn't already have it.

SPECIAL 1: Intimidating Fly-over (CD: 3)
0mu964mrlbhp.gif

Final Text:Dispel all buffs on all enemies. Recover 30% Health and Protection. Ally Empire ships gain 1 stack of Formation (max 30) for each buff dispelled for 2 turns, which can't be copied.

Formation: +10% Max Health, Offense, and Potency; whenever this ship uses an ability, gain 1% Turn Meter for each stack of Formation

SPECIAL 2:Predatory Instincts (CD: 3)
499vti0n38z4.gif

Final Text:Target ally recovers 50% Health and gains Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns, then Scythe uses GA-60s Laser Cannon against target enemy. This attack has +75% Critical Chance this turn if the target is debuffed. If this attack scores a critical hit, inflict Fear on target enemy for 1 turn, which can't be copied or dispelled and can't be evaded by Jedi enemies. If this attack defeats the target enemy and the allied Capital Ship is Executrix, target ally gains Foresight for 2 turns and inflict all enemies with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, or evaded.

UNIQUE 1: Two Moves Ahead
Final Text: Allied Empire ships gain 20% Max Health and Offense and 10 Speed. If the enemy Capital Ship is a Jedi, allied Empire ships gain an additional 70% Max Health. At the start of battle, all Empire allies gain a stack of Formation. Imperial TIE fighter allies instead gain stacks of Formation equal to the number of ally Imperial TIE fighters. These stacks can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented and are removed at the end of battle or when Scythe is defeated.

If the ally Capital Ship is Executrix, at the start of battle summon two crewless Imperial TIE fighters, and while an ally Imperial TIE fighter has Foresight, they are also Marked. The first time an allied Imperial TIE fighter defeats a ship, all allies gain 100% Turn Meter.

Reinforcement: Surprise and Fear
Final Text: Inflict Speed Down, which can't be evaded or resisted, on Jedi enemies for 2 turns. If the allied Capital Ship is Executrix, inflict Fear on all enemies for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, or evaded, and summon two crewless Imperial TIE Fighters.
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• since it isn't mentioned anywhere, what is the crew?
  • My guess is Scythe needs Grand Inquisitor for the pilot.
  • Smowy wrote: »
    since it isn't mentioned anywhere, what is the crew?
    Grand Inquisitor is in the artwork, so it’s likely he’s involved.

This isn’t the first time the devs have forgotten to mention the crew on a ship kit release.
  • Don't tell me this is the new Conquest unit. If so, pretty disappointing, was expecting Trench or Red 5 with all those teases they made.
  • no mention of how to unlock either unless i missed it? Im gonna assume Conquest?
  • Conquest unlock?
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Smo[quote= wrote:
    last

that can be arranged
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    Updated both the crew and location :) Thanks folks
  • He’s edited the post - crew is GI and 5th brother
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited October 2022
    Smowy wrote: »

meathead just updated
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Can I just buy the dumb thing? I don’t have time for conquest
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Luke_skywalker_Scion
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Nice, now… when are we getting red 5
  • Also how did so many YouTubers know we were getting this ship with certainty weeks before this post? I thought the beta program and comms were shutoff after the last leak.
  • Nice, now… when are we getting red 5

never
  • Wow this is disappointing for a conquest unit. Not that the ship doesn’t seem like a great counter to negotiator, but seriously….out of all the units for the next conquest release it’s this, what a let down.
  • Will the GI event return before the next conquest?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Well, Im happy about this ship because I went and farmed my IQ's to be ready for the next GI....and now I will have another fleet to use, which is great for GAC....too bad its grindquest....but heres to hoping that they will make it fun again....doubt it, but hope...blah blah blah.
  • 5v3 to start? And ITF is a great ship, I wonder how strong the summons will be set at? Forced attacking tie fighters, plus another way of getting foresight, should get to Tarkin's swarm pretty quickly.

This seems pretty strong, should be able to take on stuff other than just Nego. Empire can already beat that pretty easily since interceptor anyway.

I guess you've got to expect big things from a conquest+legend pilot combo. How big though??
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Well it better counter something else useful because both Emp cap ships already countered Neg.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's good to know that I can do the bare minimum in grindquest for the next 3 months.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Well it better counter something else useful because both Emp cap ships already countered Neg.

endurance
  • Pretty big letdown for this being the conquest unit. Atleast I won't have to worry about going hard to get red crate next 3 months. The people that make these decisions are really out of touch with what the players want
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    Pretty big letdown for this being the conquest unit. Atleast I won't have to worry about going hard to get red crate next 3 months. The people that make these decisions are really out of touch with what the players want

Seems like a really strong ship to me
  • Ultra wrote: »
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    Pretty big letdown for this being the conquest unit. Atleast I won't have to worry about going hard to get red crate next 3 months. The people that make these decisions are really out of touch with what the players want

Seems like a really strong ship to me

And it's for a universally loved faction too
  • Smowy wrote: »

Fifth brother and grand inquisitor
  • It's very bizarre to me that you're releasing ships that bring the Empire fleets up to Mal/Nego level and putting them in the least accessible spot in the game instead of making them viable early/mid game alternatives. Also obligatory "stop trying to make Inquisitors happen" meme.

I don't like being a Debbie Downer but this is a ship I'll worry about if/when I ever need fleets five through eight.
  • This is getting outta hand,
    Now there are two of them. (Two Tie Fighters, Two Inquisitorial Conquest ships lol)
    Ship looks great and possibility of summoning 2-4 Tie Fighters depending on situation is Amazing on its own,
    Too bad, its pilots are part of Inquisitors faction (GI being legendary) which was overhyped and lacks many things including Damage.
  • NYIM
    57 posts Member
    I usually only reading this forum and not post here, but I know Ultra spoilered this ship as the next conquest thing weeks ago. So my question is why, if Ultra was authorized to spoil this, why not just post this official? What was the intention behind it, I mean a conquest unit should excite player to grind for, now we know this spoiler is real, the disappointment is much bigger, for me at least.

For the record, I have the GI and still not looking forward this conquest unit, I have all fleet except resistance, I do not need a unit for a left over Imp fleet squad.
    On the bright side, I have 3 month to chill an take the next conquest series not so serious, this will the first conquest unit I dont have after the 3 month serie. Nice Job CG!

• Please. Announce. Next. Grand. Inquisitor. Event. Constant Inquisitorius events are one thing but refusing to bring back the event to unlock GI is out of hand.