Kit Reveal - Scythe

2Next

Replies

• @CG_Tusken_Meathead fancy telling us when the GI event is back, it’s been over 4 months now pretty sure it’s the longest gap between legendary events. I know you guys must be embarrassed about how bad he is but it’s pretty cold of you to announce a new ship that some of us have no way of getting the pilots for
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Lol ... I love how CG keeps finding ways to shoe horn Inquisitors in everywhere.

Here's 5 new toons for an EPIC unlock toon (GI). Here's a few new events that specifically requires inquisitors. Don't you see how awesome they are? Here's GI finally. Oh, you think GI is lackluster considering he needs 2,500 kyros across all inqs to be usable? And you ignore GI all together because he pretty much sucks and is too expensive gear wise? Well, here's a new ship, which will probably shift the meta and therefore will be a required farm for everybody. Guess what? GI is the pilot - so HA! - that'll teach you to not ignore the toons we want you to farm!

Guess I'll have to start hoarding up those 2,500 kyros for the 6 Inqs.... sigh....
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Lol ... I love how CG keeps finding ways to shoe horn Inquisitors in everywhere.

Here's 5 new toons for an EPIC unlock toon (GI). Here's a few new events that specifically requires inquisitors. Don't you see how awesome they are? Here's GI finally. Oh, you think GI is lackluster considering he needs 2,500 kyros across all inqs to be usable? And you ignore GI all together because he pretty much sucks and is too expensive gear wise? Well, here's a new ship, which will probably shift the meta and therefore will be a required farm for everybody. Guess what? GI is the pilot - so HA! - that'll teach you to not ignore the toons we want you to farm!

Guess I'll have to start hoarding up those 2,500 kyros for the 6 Inqs.... sigh....

To be fair from the start they said Inqs would be widely used and needed for a bunch of stuff.

So if you haven't started farming them by now more fool you.

This is not a new thing. Ignore any character at your peril.

I still fondly remember when Wampa was needed for JKL, and then technically both Wampa and Hoda were required for JML. The level of forum salt from those who had decided their GET1 was better spent on gear instead of shards for those 2 characters was pretty stunning.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    Well it better counter something else useful because both Emp cap ships already countered Neg.

This. The last Conquest ship made Empire a hard counter to Negotiator, so now you release a new Conquest ship with a less accessible pilot to counter Jedi led fleets, ergo Negotiator ? I’m missing something.
  • Why the specific call out for Executrix? Lame. Probably can't use it with Chimaera or it's at least going to be a lot weaker...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Well it better counter something else useful because both Emp cap ships already countered Neg.

endurance

I said something "useful"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Then make the Grand Inquisitor accessible first!
  • Then make the Grand Inquisitor accessible first!

Considering the ship won't be unlocked before 2 or 3 months, I'm willing to bet GI will be accessible first.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Then make the Grand Inquisitor accessible first!

Considering the ship won't be unlocked before 2 or 3 months, I'm willing to bet GI will be accessible first.

Imagine the threads if not!
  • OKAY, HOLD EVERYBODY'S HORSES!!!!

You're telling me that this post has been up for more than 12 hours and no one has yet congratulated @CG_Tusken_Meathead for this bit:
    Surprise and Fear comes from two of the main tactics used by Inquisitors,

The Inquisitors two main tactics are SURPRISE AND FEAR and a cunning knowledge of comedy history.

Wait. Their three, THREE main tactics are...

CG Tusken Meathead will just have to come in again, I guess.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Apparently no one around here knows - or expects - the Inquisition.
  • And you thought the inquisitor feats were bad in the last few conquests. Buckle up...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    They weren't though, they've been easy to cheese and then this last run I ignored them completely.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Why the specific call out for Executrix? Lame. Probably can't use it with Chimaera or it's at least going to be a lot weaker...

It's like how you can't get the most out of Raven's Claw if you use it with Han's Falcon or Outrider. Just a push to have two separate Imperial fleets: Chimaera with TAx1, ITB, and Gauntlet + TIP and Executrix w/ Scythe, ITF, etc. I don't think there's anything stopping you from running Executrix with Scythe and TAx1 starting and calling TIP first turn so that might be a thing.
  • OKAY, HOLD EVERYBODY'S HORSES!!!!

You're telling me that this post has been up for more than 12 hours and no one has yet congratulated @CG_Tusken_Meathead for this bit:
    Surprise and Fear comes from two of the main tactics used by Inquisitors,

The Inquisitors two main tactics are SURPRISE AND FEAR and a cunning knowledge of comedy history.

Wait. Their three, THREE main tactics are...

CG Tusken Meathead will just have to come in again, I guess.

Fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency! And a fanatical devotion...

The marquees and assault battle are in on it too! Just hope Reva's relic is the Comfy Chair
  • So no "red" hints apply here either?
  • Not surprised. Most people don't even have the inquisitors to 7 stars or anywhere near unlocking the GI who only comes around once every three months. So perfect idea at a money grab to make a ship that requires him to even use as the conquest reward. Honestly well done CG you had a fun game mode in conquest for awhile but you keep managing to make it worse truly a remarkable feat.
  • Range1974
    897 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    I know many struggle with where to use Inquisitors in the PvP aspects since at higher levels, players don't normally set Jedi on defense that the Inquisitors can beat but I have had success using them as an Iden counter in 5v5 GAC. Allows Wampa to be used against MM still.
    Yeah, only 1550 players of all the thousands registered in SWGOH.gg have Grand Inquistor at 7-stars though.
  • Dianora wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Why the specific call out for Executrix? Lame. Probably can't use it with Chimaera or it's at least going to be a lot weaker...

It's like how you can't get the most out of Raven's Claw if you use it with Han's Falcon or Outrider. Just a push to have two separate Imperial fleets: Chimaera with TAx1, ITB, and Gauntlet + TIP and Executrix w/ Scythe, ITF, etc. I don't think there's anything stopping you from running Executrix with Scythe and TAx1 starting and calling TIP first turn so that might be a thing.

There won't be any spots available to call interceptor to, unless you lost a ship before your first cap ship turn.
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead you guys seriously aren’t bringing back GI event until December??? Will that be AFTER the first conquest event? That’s a pretty **** move for those who farmed the Inquisitorius like they were told but missed the first event that was already 125 days ago and want to be able to use it for the event that is ABOUT Grand Inquisitor!!

There won't be any spots available to call interceptor to, unless you lost a ship before your first cap ship turn.

Scythe + TAx1 + two summoned TIE Fighters = ???
  • paywall12 wrote: »
    Not surprised. Most people don't even have the inquisitors to 7 stars or anywhere near unlocking the GI who only comes around once every three months. So perfect idea at a money grab to make a ship that requires him to even use as the conquest reward. Honestly well done CG you had a fun game mode in conquest for awhile but you keep managing to make it worse truly a remarkable feat.

GI comes around every three months? Lol in your dreams. It's six months.

Scythe isn't going to shift the ship meta that much.

It can't take profundity. It might be able to take executor, but malevolence and finalizer can do that already so it's just another option. Lesser fleets already have plenty of counters.

Don't get me wrong, this ship is quite strong and I will be pursuing it and it will impact the GAC meta but the impacts are going to be felt in the 2nd and 3rd fleets not the top end and there is no GAC defense that someone could put up that you couldn't take because you don't have it.
    Dianora wrote: »

Scythe + TAx1 + two summoned TIE Fighters = ???

4, but you start with 3 ships, not 2.
  • Perfzilla
    60 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    specific call out instead of empire call out is probably so you don't use it with executor. If your executrix and chimera is similarly geared and you were allowed to use both you'd want to use this with executrix anyways. But I agree it's annoying you can't use it with both.

• Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Krjstoff wrote: »

Why not?
    Sure, they are underwhelming save the animation, but that's because ppl asking for them for years.

Just dont toss your resources in if you dont like them.

Edit: spelling
  • HoundPGH wrote: »
    Please. Announce. Next. Grand. Inquisitor. Event. Constant Inquisitorius events are one thing but refusing to bring back the event to unlock GI is out of hand.

December

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?