Grand Arena Losses

stewman1991
148 posts Member
edited November 2022
Am I missing something? I just used the counter to Lord Vadar that has almost a 96% win rate and still lost. This is not the first time it has happened where I have used teams with a really high 90% of winning and still lose. This only happens in GA I have used the same team to win in squad arena. Does anyone else have this problem only in ga?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Could be a number of things:

- perhaps one or more of the characters involved has a GAC omicron that is not active in squad arena but is active in grand arena?
    - perhaps your opponent had a datacron that is top of the range?
    - perhaps your modding was weaker than your opponent’s modding?

• Additionally...

The Relic level of your counter may be much lower than the team you are countering.

I dont have GLs, but on many GA matches the ORDER in which you attack the enemies will be decisive. For instance, some player a while back was complaining that a counter to Padme team would not work...BUT he insisted on killing GKenobi FIRST, which made it impossible...

I know the counter works in Squad...but perhaps you are not using it to max effectivness...
  • What counter has a 96% percent win rate against LV?

Right now LV has the highest hold rate of all squads.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    What counter has a 96% percent win rate against LV?

Right now LV has the highest hold rate of all squads.

Mirror sits at 95% and the Tarkin cheese sits at 96%.
  • Just because a team has a 96% of winning it doesn’t guarantee you a win, since that doesn’t take into account modding, relic levels, or datacrons.

Even taking into account those, there’s still the 4% chance you lose.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    you are the 4%
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    you are the 4%

The 4% are probably the ones that tried the Tarkin team without the datacron :joy:
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    you are the 4%

The 4% are probably the ones that tried the Tarkin team without the datacron :joy:

I lost a round last week because I included my r4 darth maul with my darth vader L9 DC lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3v3 sucks
  • "Datacrons"
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Wizzyard wrote: »
    "Datacrons"

Conveniently the counter OP was trying to use gives 96% win rate with datacrons and 0% without

So datacrons was in OP's favor rather than the reason he lost
  • Ok now I get it I thought swgoh.gg gave without datacrons guess im just stupid bc basically i cant use that anymore for info
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ok now I get it I thought swgoh.gg gave without datacrons guess im just stupid bc basically i cant use that anymore for info

It's not that you can't use it for info, it's that you have to understand why the counter works.
  • I dont have any interest in datacrons mostly bc I have learned enough about this game and dont care to try and re-learn everything every 3 months.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I dont have any interest in datacrons mostly bc I have learned enough about this game and dont care to try and re-learn everything every 3 months.

That is of course your choice, but normally if you see a counter you don't understand the logical next step is to look for videos of that counter. Doing so you would see that it requires a datacron, or that it does not, and then you can decide to use it or not.

Even before datacrons it made sense to actually search for videos of a counter so you know what to do.
  • I dont have any interest in datacrons mostly bc I have learned enough about this game and dont care to try and re-learn everything every 3 months.

Your lack of interest in datacrons doesn’t change its existence. While I personally don’t like datacrons myself, I keep myself informed on what their bonus stats are so I don’t shoot myself in the foot like you’re intentionally doing.

Even without datacrons, a counter with a 96% success rate still carries a 4% loss rate.

This resigns you to dropping leagues.
  • I personally will not make a heavy investment in dcs, but I do keep myself updated on what they do to make sure I know how to counter people who do use them.
  • laxkings40 wrote: »
    I personally will not make a heavy investment in dcs, but I do keep myself updated on what they do to make sure I know how to counter people who do use them.

Why would you not? It's just 2 days of farming conquest battles after you've finished your box. 2 conquests ago I got almost 20 datacrons from it for maybe 600 crystals. Just upping them to reveal the 2nd stat can be incredibly powerful. They were hitting double dodge, 50% armor penetration, 40% physical crit avoidance, 100% armor. Considering you autoplay those battles... I don't see why any would choose to not have a datacron for each 3v3 team they can put 1 on.