Prev13
Ultra
11452 posts Moderator
edited November 2022
Spoilers inbound
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Everyone has their rebellion.
    There's so much politics involved but i like it.
  • Talking politics in rooms was the best writing and character development in all of game of thrones, and IMHO is the best in the The Mandalorian and Andor as well. More please!

petyr-baelish-littlefinger.gif
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    yeah i enjoy the politicking
  • Whatever Andor character we get from this show needs an ability named "but I'm tourist!!"
  • I’m enjoying the heck out of this show so far. It’s slow and deliberate and seems to have a really solid story in place, not just fan service. And it looks great to boot!
  • The cinematography, pacing, and music remind me of Blade Runner. It’s very interesting and I’m really enjoying it.
  • I think this might be my favorite SW spinoff yet. This is the grimy side of the SW universe, which is why i liked Rogue One so much. So in this last episode Skarsgaards character (cant think of his name) mentions his assistants name is Leia. If this was mentioned in previous episodes i missed it. Surely its not our favorite girl from Alderaan right? She wouldnt be working in a boutique shop in Coruscant .
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    I think this might be my favorite SW spinoff yet. This is the grimy side of the SW universe, which is why i liked Rogue One so much. So in this last episode Skarsgaards character (cant think of his name) mentions his assistants name is Leia. If this was mentioned in previous episodes i missed it. Surely its not our favorite girl from Alderaan right? She wouldnt be working in a boutique shop in Coruscant .

More also an age thing. Leia would be like 15 or 16? It's supposed to be 5 years before Rogue One.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • I thought he said Leia, too, but she’s listed at Kleya on IMDB
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I thought he said Leia, too, but she’s listed at Kleya on IMDB

Yeah i thought it was leia too and i turned on subtitles at that point to find out its Kleya
  • I see some familiar face over there....so this is where Cassian met Melshi (who leading the ground troop at the battle of scarif), in the prison.
  • Has anyone figured out what they’re building. It looks familiar, but I can’t place it.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Has anyone figured out what they’re building. It looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

I just assume everything is building up to Death Star
  • Yeap it could be the Death star or just tie fighter parts.
  • Wookieflyer
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    I thought he said Leia, too, but she’s listed at Kleya on IMDB

To be fair, she's physically similar to Leia, in the early stages of the Rebellion, at a time when everyone is being watched. To have her name slightly changed to Kleya wouldn't be too much of a stretch. I wonder whether she's just young Leia.

• The Stellan Skarsgård and the Forest Whitaker scene had me smiling. It was so so good.

I like Andor a lot. I do feel though that every director? or whoever is trying to make their own niche, their own tattoo on Star Wars. This is so dark and getting darker I feel it's not the original 'premise'...'concept' of the original trilogy. I feel the first 3 films should be the hub and everything spiraling off of it should be consistent.

I like how the prison is so pristine and bright, with the contrast of the scenario being so dark. Though again, I feel this is a director saying 'Hey look at my talent' rather than 'Hey, look at the story line'.

Again, we have woke concepts; seems we can't get away from every day issues rammed down our throats in our fantasy escapes.

Maybe because I'm from the South East (England) Kleya didn't sound anything like Leia to me.

One of the most striking things for me is the matter of consequences. Event after event that leads to Andor's death. And the impact he had on the galaxy as a whole. If one little point was different, how would that have affected things.

Has Christopher Fairbank never been in Star Wars?! I'd have thought he was a shoe-in to have been in it well before now. I love all his work!

Thinking about us; there's not really many strong candidates for becoming characters in our game. They don't really stand out over rank and file troopers. I think there's a good chance this series will be overlooked for SWGOH. However, I think Dedra, Cinta and Luthen would be nice. I have a feeling Cinta might become more central in the next couple of episodes.

One the things I like the most about this series. If I watch Rogue 1 and think of Cassian's past; it fits very well with this series. Where as; if I watch the original trilogy and the prequels, the Kenobi series doesn't fit well in the slightest. Consistency is a huge issue in our universe..........sorry galaxy and although the 'darkness' isn't very Star Warsy for me, this does fit in to the jigsaw.

It doesn't deserve the low viewing figures it's been getting.

• I like Andor a lot. I do feel though that every director? or whoever is trying to make their own niche, their own tattoo on Star Wars. This is so dark and getting darker I feel it's not the original 'premise'...'concept' of the original trilogy. I feel the first 3 films should be the hub and everything spiraling off of it should be consistent.

I agree with most of what you said, but have a slight quibble with this. Firstly, I’m really enjoying the different feel and tone of this. It’s a breath of fresh air to a stale franchise. They’ve stepped outside the formulaic trap they’ve been in recently. It feels grown up and well written with interesting character development. The bad guys have actual human traits that are relatable instead of being faceless, one- dimensional, evil doers. Secondly, if you watch old making-of interviews with George Lucas, he internationally made all three of the original movies a different style from each other. He wanted them all to have a different feel. So, this show being different from everything that’s gone before is actually keeping with the original trend.
  • Again, we have woke concepts; seems we can't get away from every day issues rammed down our throats in our fantasy escapes.
    Wait... what was rammed down your throat?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Andor is such a great show

The whole mixup by the empire and then killing the entire squad, the ending was chilling
  • I believe if the show keeps the same quality till the end,it will become my fave sw series ever...The funny thing is when I first saw the announcement of it I was like "why do we need a new show for that?"
  • Up until this point, it was almost believable that the female ISB agent might be a decent human being who was just very ambitious and patriotic. But the torture scene proved just how cold she is. And the flippantly casual way she suggested killing the rebel pilot just to keep their cover was shocking. This show is so good. I hope it gets the following it deserves.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    PRISON BREAK

Another fantastic episode
  • Dat speech scene give me goosebumps
  • It was awesome. Genuinely great to see a show, in the SW universe where there's no jedi or force. Just, the life under an oppressive regime for a regular person who's building its rebellion.

And while I'm not a fan of all the Mon Mothma drama, that "ill give you a loan for your daughter" was probably one of the best representations of how far would you go for your cause.

Just thought of 2 minor plot holes though. Don't read if you don't want to know.
    I just thought if I was the imp in the control room, and the inmates are letting me by the console, I'd fry them on the spot when "switching the power off"

And if I'm the inmate .asking ut out, I'd steal the boots from every guard to protect my feet from frying.
  • Stellen Skarsgard delivered the best monologue in all of Star Wars. Incredible writing, incredible delivery. This show continues to blow my mind. So refreshing.
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I can’t swim.

One of the most powerful lines I’ve encountered in a TV show (up there with ‘we dug coal’ at the end of Justified)
    Post edited by Wed_Santa on
  • drk
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I can’t swim.

One of the most powerful lines I’ve encountered in a TV show (up there with ‘we dug coal’ at the end of Justified)

For sure. Justified had several lines like that, my favorite being "No Raylan, I'm gonna bet my life on you being the only friend I have left in this world."

One of the all-time best shows.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed the episode, and this thread, great spoiler there Wed_Santa.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    drk wrote: »
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I can’t swim.

For sure. Justified had several lines like that, my favorite being "No Raylan, I'm gonna bet my life on you being the only friend I have left in this world."

One of the all-time best shows.

Yup. Main reason I’d be keen to see Cobb Vanth slide into the game.