Can GP factor back into GA matchmaking now?

2Next

Replies

• Valeran wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I had a 6-win streak this round against enemies with the same power and GLs as me, those wars were very enjoyable! Yesterday I fought someone with 2m+ GP and lost, today I'll fight someone with 1,3m+ GP who has all GLs on R8-R9, thanks. They have everything, there's no **** thing I can do against them and I'm in Kyber 2. I told them stop sleeping in Kyber 1 and get the hell out of our ranks. :smiley: Would love if CG would do something about this, but what am I thinking, of course they won't.
    So you’ll go - at worst - 6-3 in a system designed to give us all 50% win rate, and you want CG to do something about it?

What do you mean 50% win rate design?? I'm having my 5th loss in a row at Kyber 2 with opponents having 1-2m GP more. I spoke with them and they admitted GP was the winning factor here because I was just a little or few hundred banners behind them, just couldn't do anything because I had no teams left 😃 Yes, I want CG to do changes because there is a difference between difficult and impossible and I prefer the earlier in PVP, that's why it's fun and luckily 98% of my opponents show great sportsmanship...
  • Valeran wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I had a 6-win streak this round against enemies with the same power and GLs as me, those wars were very enjoyable! Yesterday I fought someone with 2m+ GP and lost, today I'll fight someone with 1,3m+ GP who has all GLs on R8-R9, thanks. They have everything, there's no **** thing I can do against them and I'm in Kyber 2. I told them stop sleeping in Kyber 1 and get the hell out of our ranks. :smiley: Would love if CG would do something about this, but what am I thinking, of course they won't.
    So you’ll go - at worst - 6-3 in a system designed to give us all 50% win rate, and you want CG to do something about it?

What do you mean 50% win rate design??

If you're truly interested in understanding the new system and the design behind it, you should check developer's post(s) from last quarter of 2021. They talked about it extensively.

• Sorry but the older system was WAY worse than the actual one.

Before, GAC was determined by roster efficiency, whoever min-maxed their roster better would always win. That was a terrible design as this is a hero collector game and you should not be punished for gearing teams for other game modes. I like having low gear Jawas, Hutt Cartel or Inquisitors to get some rewards on GC or get feats on Conquest, GAC shouldn't be the only game mode that matters, and specially with crystals there it would be awful to be punished for getting toons for other stuff.

It is evident that there's a big issue with lower brackets, where people in Carbonite or Bronzium are facing opponents with 5M+ GP and even GLs, and I hope CG can adress that issue to help lower lever rosters and newer players to have a better experience with GAC.

But when I see players at Kyber complaining about matchmaking I can't take them seriously. I bounce between K4 and K3, most of my matches are decent, usually with people with 500k-1M more GP but at this level that is not bad, it's actually quite manageable with a decent strategy, same with people with 1 more GL than me. I win about half of my matches but it's never felt like it was unfair, as my defense strategy can sometimes trip or even stop people with better rosters. I also don't have time to play every single GAC so I never go above the bottom of K3 and haven't faced whales spending on Datacrons, so I my comment doesn't adress THAT issue.

If at Kyber level you can't face opponents with 1M more GP or 1-2 more GLs, YOU are the problem. If you have much lower GP and only 1 or 2 GLs vs a full roster, that means that you are punching WAY ABOVE YOUR LEAGE, you should be proud of yourself and happy that you're getting much higher than you would with a GP based matchmaking, with better crystal income. Personally, I started at Aurodium 3, I'm really happy to reach Kyber and really hope the system doesn't change, only improves for lower brackets and newer players.

TL DR: MM has to improve for lower brackets and newer players, and people with larger rosters and higher brackets should stop complaining.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    Sorry but the older system was WAY worse than the actual one.

Before, GAC was determined by roster efficiency, whoever min-maxed their roster better would always win. That was a terrible design as this is a hero collector game and you should not be punished for gearing teams for other game modes. I like having low gear Jawas, Hutt Cartel or Inquisitors to get some rewards on GC or get feats on Conquest, GAC shouldn't be the only game mode that matters, and specially with crystals there it would be awful to be punished for getting toons for other stuff.
    Low gear toons did not adversely affect you in the top x GP matchmaking system.