What are the best Starkiller squads?

Stenun
851 posts Member
edited November 2022
Without using any Galactic Legends but with no other restrictions at all, what are the best Starkiller squads you can theory craft for both Grand Arena and Territory War?
My Starkiller squad normally does very well in Defence in Territory War but I just sent it up against another Starkiller in Grand Arena and, despite being relatively close in Power on paper, it lost badly. I'd quite like to find the perfect squad for both Territory War Defence and Grand Arena attack.
What are your thoughts?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Based on Starkiller's unique ability you want:
    sith: darth vader because of debuff synergies
    darkside unaligned: UKR because reliable taunt, counterattack, and heal
    lightside unaligned: AF because she works the best by herself
    jedi: any jedi that has buffs
    why starkiller is difficult to build a team for is that his unique ability doesn't mesh well with most of other characters and the other characters don't mesh well with each other
    you can try my idea but don't feel too pressured about it
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • A very common Starkiller team I see is:
    Palp (L), Mara, Starkiller, Visas & Juhani
  • A very common Starkiller team I see is:
    Palp (L), Mara, Starkiller, Visas & Juhani

This, with omni for Juhani and Mara, would be ideal for TW imo.
    Alternatives to use Palp elsewhere could be Malgus lead, that’s an annoying squad as well.

For GAC the standard Palp/Mara/SK/Visas/Juhani works just fine as well, especially for offense, but there are a deal of other popular combos.
    Standard team can easily win mirrors, but much simpler if your Mara is faster (and currently can be a bit dependent on datacron).
  • I substitute Old Ben instead of Juhani since he’s a GL requirement anyways, plus Juhani isn’t all much of a threat outside of a Starkiller team so I don’t think she’d be worth the investment
  • I substitute Old Ben instead of Juhani since he’s a GL requirement anyways, plus Juhani isn’t all much of a threat outside of a Starkiller team so I don’t think she’d be worth the investment

She’s mostly for TW.

Luminara is now looking appealing for GAC if you’re swimming in Omicrons, but Barris was the pre-Juhani Jedi of choice.
  • Palp, SK, MJ, Visas, and any Jedi you have to spare.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Someone mentioned something about a como using KRU instead of MJ to prevent being Womped?

I’m assuming you’d also replace Palp if no MJ, though.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    If we are not talking about variants like Traya lead SK team, the classic core team consists of PPT, Mara, SK and Visas as mentioned. The fifth Jedi is flexible depending on what counters you want to block.

For example, use GK as the Jedi can throw a wrench in Grevious counter because of the consisten taunt, the crazy mass assist and he can cleanse the target locks. Gives you around 10% more holds than Old Ben (according to swogh.gg statistics).

Old Ben has a better chance to get a hold against GAS or troopers (not saying these are natural good counters. They are not) because of the bonuses he gives out when he dies.

Mace has a chance to mess-up SEE counter because of his counter and ability block on basic.

• Someone mentioned something about a como using KRU instead of MJ to prevent being Womped?

I’m assuming you’d also replace Palp if no MJ, though.

I assume this is for 3v3. In 5v5 Wampa is not really a viable counter to SK team.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    GAC: EP, MJ, SK, Visas and GK for current best possible setup. If you can't spare GK, you can use Mace or OB instead, but they are more vulnerable to the classic GG counter.

Alternately you can go for a setup with Savage lead, OG Kylo/KRU, OB, SK and Visas. This seems to be gaining some tracking as it often puts a harder stop to the GG counter. It will require the Savage omicron and probably also R7 on Savage.

TW: EP, MJ, SK, Visas and Juhani. Juhani is only good in TW - and only if you have her omicron. I keep seeing Juhani in GAC, which makes no sense. She is arguably the worst Jedi tank for the GAC setup.

You can sub out EP for DV if you want, but you'll lose the synergy between EP and MJ - and not be able to use DV to counter e.g. Geos, or use him on your LV team.

There is no real good sub for Visas, as she is the only LSUFU which is also a healer, and there plays best into SK's unique.

If you go for a setup without EP, you can consider swapping out MJ with KRU, which gives you an extra taunt to go along with your Jedi tank. This will also give you the chance to use EP+MJ in another setup.
  • Which compositions/replacements would work if I don't plan on gearing Juhani and Visas?
    Planning on using JTR (as I am working towards JML but I don't have any other resistance toon geared) instead of Visas, and OB until I gear Juhani and give her the O for TW.
    Would that make sense (even though I lose the LS Healer CD reduction from SK's unique)?
  • IronRanger
    202 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I tend to keep SK for offense in GAC and I really like Plo Koon as the jedi in GAC. You get a dispell on basic that can really help you get around taunts. Now that Reycron is gone, SK works wonders on Rey if they put it on D. But the team is super flexible on offense if you can spare it.

By the way, the team I use is Ep Mara SK Visas and Plo.
  • I run palp mara(o) juhani(o) visas starkiller at TW.
    In GAC 5v5 is Mace, kylo, dooku, visas starkiller.

3v3...dunno, plan to running lumi if i have another omi to spare.
  • xpgammer wrote: »
    Based on Starkiller's unique ability you want:
    sith: darth vader because of debuff synergies
    darkside unaligned: UKR because reliable taunt, counterattack, and heal
    lightside unaligned: AF because she works the best by herself
    jedi: any jedi that has buffs
    why starkiller is difficult to build a team for is that his unique ability doesn't mesh well with most of other characters and the other characters don't mesh well with each other
    you can try my idea but don't feel too pressured about it

I seriously doubt this person has SK, and doubt this person has ever seen this exact team in opposition. This is actually a terrible TERRIBLE SK team.

The “best” team depends on your usage. Using for offense, you can make subjective arguments, like the poster making the case for Plo Koon. Great option for a fifth for offense, bad idea for defense.

On defense, omicrons dictate the current “best” teams, which *may* shift as new compositions present themselves.

For TW, you want EP-Mara(omicron)-SK-Visas-Juhani(omicron). This is non-negotiable currently, the two omicrons make this team absolutely tough-as-nails.

For GAC, you need to have the “much conflict in you” omicron on SK at minimum for them to become a defensive juggernaut. Right now, the EP-Mara-SK-Visas-(Jedi) is vulnerable to General Grievous as a cheap & effective counter, unless you use General Kenobi as the fifth… this drastically cuts down on GG’s chances to beat the team.

As mentioned above, with Savage’s new(ish) omicron, new SK teams are being tested out, but none have nearly as much data as the traditional SK team with Palp and Mara. I’ve seen these new teams weak to other cheap counters, such as Bad Batch and Troopers.

In the end, the “best” team is opponent-dependent. If your opponent likes to place Rey on defense, then using SK composition to take out Rey is likely going to be the best use for the team. If your opponent *always* places GG on defense, then you can use a “cheap” Jedi as your fifth on defense to great use.

Once again, the best team WILL shift as new omicrons are rolled out… time will tell if Luminara’s omicron elevates the team once again or not.
  • I have seen KRU lead, Sith trooper(red one), SK, OB, ans Visas. Apparantly every time trooper assists, so does SK
  • The KRU + Sith Trooper variant is interesting. Works for 3v3 too, tho I don't remember if GG still counters it.

And for TW I've seen people using Traya lead, as Palpa+MJ can be soloed by Ahsoka Fulcrum's Omicron. But it depends on your guild's level, as on mid levels you won't see many fulcrums geared up.