Fracture 9th Sister Taunts -- Feature or Bug?

Hal_10000
159 posts Member
edited November 2022
So fracture is supposed to prevent a character from gaining buffs. So is this a bug or some feature or the inquisitor's rocket surgery kit design?rwbbodzer7fn.png
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    She regains taunt after losing it (if someone has purge). No different than how Bossk and Old Ben keep their taunts through fracture.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    She regains taunt after losing it (if someone has purge). No different than how Bossk and Old Ben keep their taunts through fracture.

What he said. It's an order of operations thing. The taunt gets re-applied logically before fracture gets applied, so it appears to persist through the debuff, when technically it 'pre-dates' it.
  • Fracture's text says they can't gain buffs, though.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Fracture's text says they can't gain buffs, though.

Yes, but just like with Bossk and Old Ben, taunt is regained before Fracture is applied.
  • Same way Isolate from Traya also does not prevent her from Taunting.
  • Hal_10000 wrote: »

It’s a messed up order of operations kinda thing.

So when you fracture or even isolate someone that has that reapplication of taunt when dispelled it goes like this:

Fracture dispels the taunt. Then taunt is redone. Then fracture is put into place. It’s just how CG coded it.

So if you were then able to dispel that taunt again after fracture is in place that would work.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

How is it "messed up"?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    TVF wrote: »

How is it "messed up"?

It isn't. The section in the FAQ about Fracture was fined tuned by a dev for me. It's all working as they designed it to.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244510/forum-faq-by-the-players-for-the-players#latest Section 9.1.1 for the OP.

I'll add Ninth Sister to the list when I get time.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on

How is it "messed up"?

Because based on common logic you’d think that fracture would be applied immediately and not third in line after a buff reapplies.

It is what it is and I’m not disputing it. But I can have an opinion on what the order is can’t i?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

How is it "messed up"?

Because based on common logic you’d think that fracture would be applied immediately and not third in line after a buff reapplies.

It is what it is and I’m not disputing it. But I can have an opinion on what the order is can’t i?

Sure you can have an opinion on it. You don't like it. That's perfectly fine. Doesn't make it messed up. It's WAI.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

How is it "messed up"?

It isn't. The section in the FAQ about Fracture was fined tuned by a dev for me. It's all working as they designed it to.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244510/forum-faq-by-the-players-for-the-players#latest Section 9.1.1 for the OP.

I'll add Second Sister to the list when I get time.

Awesome, thanks.

How is it "messed up"?

Sure you can have an opinion on it. You don't like it. That's perfectly fine. Doesn't make it messed up. It's WAI.

I never said it wasn’t WAI though did it? I called it messed up because I don’t like it, not that it’s not WAI.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

So when you fracture or even isolate someone that has that reapplication of taunt when dispelled it goes like this:

Fracture dispels the taunt. Then taunt is redone. Then fracture is put into place. It’s just how CG coded it.

So if you were then able to dispel that taunt again after fracture is in place that would work.

Actually the highlighted part is not correct. Fracture itself does not dispel anything. If you read Thrawn's special:
    Deal Special damage to target enemy 4 times, dispel all buffs on them, remove 50% Turn Meter, and inflict Fracture

The dispelling takes place in a step separate from, and before, fracture is applied.

The general pattern CG seems to have established, though not explicitly stated AFAIK, is that all the events in reaction to an event (A) are always based on the state of the target toon as of A. For example, when you mass assist on somebody, and the first hit is a crit, it causes GK to gain taunt, but all the other hits during the same mass assist still hit the original target rather than GK, because as far as they are concerned, GK does not have taunt yet.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited November 2022

Actually the highlighted part is not correct. Fracture itself does not dispel anything. If you read Thrawn's special:

The move itself is also called "Fracture" and does dispel. It also inflicts the debuff, Fracture.
  • Based on the mechanics, it first dispels buff and then apply buff immunity effect. I guess between the dispel and the buff immunity application, Seventh Sister regained taunt.

l9j0ueib703i.png
  • Same with Isolate.

ph5hcezf834a.png
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Deal Special damage to target enemy 4 times, dispel all buffs on them, remove 50% Turn Meter, and inflict Fracture

The dispelling takes place in a step separate from, and before, fracture is applied.

The general pattern CG seems to have established, though not explicitly stated AFAIK, is that all the events in reaction to an event (A) are always based on the state of the target toon as of A. For example, when you mass assist on somebody, and the first hit is a crit, it causes GK to gain taunt, but all the other hits during the same mass assist still hit the original target rather than GK, because as far as they are concerned, GK does not have taunt yet.

You're interpreting the text and the game your own way and expect everyone do it the same way, that's not right.

Also, comparating to a mass assist is totally wrong, as everyone is called to assist on the target first, so everyone starts their attack to the target before it gets hit.

And it totally fits the ability description. To work the other way around, the way you want, it should say that applies the debuff Fracture and THEN dispel all buffs, but that's not how it's worded.
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    1. Fracture dispelled buffs
    2. Ninth sister regains taunt
    3. Fracture applies buff immunity

The same happens if you Fracture a bossk and your weakest ally still has protection or old Ben as he regains taunt after loosing it