Relic Geos for ships, is it worth?

Hi,

I'm running Executrix with Soldier, Sun Fac and HT in the Fleet Arena with Vulture Droid as a main reinforcement. My Geos are g12 and I'm wondering whether getting Soldier and Sun Fac to g13 or relic will help noticeably to my fleet. Anyone tried?

The Executrix is 7 stars, Tarking g13. Soldier's and Sun Fac's ships are 7s, most abilities maxed. HT is 5 stars, soon 6, Bossk g12, Vulture Droid 6 stars.

I've been doing well on offence in my shard, being able to beat anybody most of the time. Not so well on defence, but it's expected with Executrix I guess (and with the Fleet Arena becoming all about cheating recently).

Thanks for any opinion.

Replies

• harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Well that's a temporary fleet line up. I very much doubt it's your future. The line up you describe will not do well in ship arena into the future and will get left behind.

The Trio of Geo ships have great synergy and work very well together. However, their future is not with the Executrix, it's with the Malevolence. In defence of relicing your Geos, it'll be very handy for picking up Wat shards.

The Executrix itself.............hmmmmmm If it has a future, it's because of the Tie Interceptor. There seems to be a split on whether the Interceptor should be with the Executrix or the Chimaera. The other is left out in the cold somewhat.

"(and with the Fleet Arena becoming all about cheating recently)."

Zero cheating ever on my shard.

Anyway to answer your question directly. Yes, it would improve your fleet. However, what you're running isn't the future and will get left behind eventually. I guess the toss up is earning gems now, or working towards the future. Everything you've listed you'll need in the future (bar possibly the Executrix) so there's no real harm...........however I don't think relicing those 2 geos is essential farming.
  • How close are you to Malevolence unlock?

Under Malevolence, which is where your Geos will end up, you typically start Vulture, Hyena, Sun Fac with Spy as first reinforcement. Solider is second reinforcement and not called if things go well.
  • I’m at 9.6M GP and still haven’t taken Geo Soldier or Sun Fac to relics. Make of that what you will.
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Just like the others have said, it's probally not the best idea to take them past g12. They will eventually go with Malevolence. If you're farming it then you're good, if you're farming Negotiators, you should maybe put some focus on the Galatic Republic ships
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    How close are you to Malevolence unlock?

Under Malevolence, which is where your Geos will end up, you typically start Vulture, Hyena, Sun Fac with Spy as first reinforcement. Solider is second reinforcement and not called if things go well.

Long road ahead unfortunately. That’s the main reason I asked actually. To have something strong before getting there.
  • Thanks everyone. Going for Malevolence, so it seems moving Sun Fac up a bit wouldn’t hurt much.
  • Georgee wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Going for Malevolence, so it seems moving Sun Fac up a bit wouldn’t hurt much.
    I’ve re-read all the posts in the thread and I’m surprised you’ve reached that conclusion.

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt much, but it won’t help much either.

In a game where resource allocation is crucial, I think you need to have a better reason to take Sun Fac to g13.
  • Georgee wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Going for Malevolence, so it seems moving Sun Fac up a bit wouldn’t hurt much.
    I’ve re-read all the posts in the thread and I’m surprised you’ve reached that conclusion.

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt much, but it won’t help much either.

In a game where resource allocation is crucial, I think you need to have a better reason to take Sun Fac to g13.

My conclusion was based on the fact that Sun Fac is going to be used with Malevolence in the first line and I'm after Malevolence, so will continue using him in future. That's all. Gearing him further will be lower priority though, focusing on gear that is easier to get, maybe not even fully finish g13. He is clean g12 now.

• Zero cheating ever on my shard.

I'm jealous a bit, can I move there? ;) Not fun being beaten by a fleet of g4 pilots. I attacked him once, I on 3rd place, him on 1st. Single and double shot all his ships before any reinforcement and finished the battle 50 seconds before the cut-off time. Yet I finished 3rd, so he was able to win in less than 50 seconds with g4-5 pilots.

I reported him first more than a month ago. He moved out of first ten recently and hovers between 10th and 20th position. Not sure whether it means that something was done about it but even the 20th fleet got multiple of his power.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I'm 9.3M GP, and the only Geos I have reliced are Brood Alpha and Spy at relic 5. I've never felt the need to allocate the G12 gear to the other Geos. I think those gear pieces are spent way better on other teams.

The geo squad in it self, won't benefit much from relics comparing to how much I need to relic other more pivotal toons. The fleet doesn't need it either. My 5* Malevolence with Hyena, Vulture and the geos, are able to take down the current meta empire fleet, which is all I really need them to do.

Focus your efforts on other toons, which will serve you better in the long run.

Keep in mind, that NOTHING holds on defense in fleet arena - everything can quite easily be taken out.

As for the cheating, I've never suspected any cheating going on in my regular arena or fleet arena.
  • About the cheating. I think one has to see the difference between big/older accounts and small/newer accounts.

I think it is highly unlikely that players in a years old shard will encounter cheating, because those accounts are already big, where as in new/er shards you will find it a lot more if some want to climb or grow fast but not invest time etc, so they take the "easy" route.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    About the cheating. I think one has to see the difference between big/older accounts and small/newer accounts.

I think it is highly unlikely that players in a years old shard will encounter cheating, because those accounts are already big, where as in new/er shards you will find it a lot more if some want to climb or grow fast but not invest time etc, so they take the "easy" route.

This
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »

You underestimate how many people are willing to cheat / how lazy people are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sunfac was always on my ship crew waiting list to take to relics...but that being said, he never made it past that list. For fleet. Malevolence fleet works with other mechanics rather than single ship strength. And with Geo hive mind, g12 Sunfac is good enough in any game modes. Maybe I will change my mind when they bring out a game breaking datacron for geos in future, who knows.

Btw. talking about the Tarkin fleet...my advice here is to go for B-28 Sith Bomber... Tarkin with this ship is the new Profundity killer, provided you have access to the other key Empire ships.

• I took Sun Fac, Spy and Soldier to relic and definitely do not regret the first two.
    If you ever use Malevolence to take out Profundity or Excecutor then relics on Sun Fac and Spy improve the win rate.
  • I reliced all of them except poogle. I like to use them on ds tb and it makes the wat and arena mission a lot easier. The improved fleet is an extra.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Wat is very easy at G12 though
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes, I was able to beat Wat with my G12 since I met the requirements (two times only so far). The exact opposite with the arena mission though, two fails out of two attempts.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Georgee wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yes, I was able to beat Wat with my G12 since I met the requirements (two times only so far). The exact opposite with the arena mission though, two fails out of two attempts.

Acklay mission is very difficult at G12. I've managed it a couple times but one AOE from a Jedi will ruin the run.