F2P GL Progress - 3.5th Batch

Prev1
MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
edited November 2022
We had bickered a bit about f2p avaliability of GLs in previous topics

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/227068/f2p-gl-progress/p1
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235268/f2p-gl-progress-2nd-batch/p1
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244784/f2p-gl-progress-3rd-batch/p1

What's the current status for you f2p? What are your future gl farming plans?

Here you go @sloweagle
sloweagle wrote: »
sloweagle wrote: »
@John_Matrix1985 hey, wonder how the hoarding F2P is doing with Jabba? Are you close at unlocking? Perhaps someone can start a 3.5 batch? 😂

I spent crystals to rush profundity to 7* when it came out so I don't get impacted in fleet arena... I have the crystals/gear and can unlock Jabba now but I don't see him in the lower parts of kyber 1 so no real rush.

Just farming the last 2 units now. I might buy Leia shards when I finish lando to speed it up a little

Cool, so you could unlock it with the crystals hoard if you want. You know I never hoard, was able to rush PF to 4 stars at launch which is enough to do well fleet arena. I still spend a lot of resources to get a lot of toons to R5 so I can use L6+ Datacron. I don’t see it impacts my timing of getting jabba because the last 2 units take time to farm by hardnode. I usually have no desire to rush GL by buying shipments. .

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited November 2022

Gear ready for anything, Jabba, dr. Aphra, next run of GI etc. 6* Profundity. Since even most of the spenders don't rush spend for these things anymore, I'm just 15x/daily farming new toons as they become farmable. Maybe I should start r8ing gls?

t4n9kqpslrrc.png
    i86h9aauqmiq.png
    u47hv6e2xd1a.png
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • I have 7 of 12 ult mats for JMK (4th GL), I want to get Starkiller next, then probably Jabba
  • One more round of GL tickets (46/60, tomorrow?) and I will unlock LV, my 6th GL.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I have all 6 GLs. 3 are r8 and others r7. Ready for GI when he comes back, have 6* prof. Slowly working on getting Jabba that’s gated by the two last toon farms.
  • @MaruMaru getting more to R3 and R5 so you can use Datacron is likely next. 4 of my GLs are R9, and 2 are R8, that are required at top of TW, but otherwise it is a nice to have in lower divisions.

My PF is only 5* and I plan to slow free farm it. It is like a 1k free crystal every month.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    I am at 4.6M, have 1 GL SLKR and right now I am going for Profundity. While not a GL, I would say it's GL like to farm for her.
    Before they announced her I was working on getting JKL but put a halt to that 😉
    Until recently my guild did not complete the Rancor so I bought all the R8 and 9 mats for crystals in the weekly shipments. I am luckily able to do so because I get 1st daily in fleet.
    The ships are all finished and the rest is also already looking good, recently got Raddus to 7*. What actually takes me the longest at the moment are the materials for the relics from the Cantina nodes, the other relic mats are not that big of a problem.
    9gotir57q7xd.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • (46/60, tomorrow?)

Yup! Also, straight to R3 with him, only had to buy/farm 1 piece of gear. The relics though, hoo boy!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Danoris
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    SLKR (r8), Rey (r7), JMLS (r7), SEE (r7), JMK (r7), LV (r7)

2r5d1levqh1c.jpeg
    7nw5i2ebwb7u.jpeg
    tjqokniww1om.jpeg
    3hkfb3a56zud.jpeg

Definitely slower as ftp, but feels really rewarding.
  • I'm at 9M FtP.

Jabba:
    Threepio is r5 of 7 needed
    Fennec is r4 of 7 needed
    SGLando g10+4 and 5 stars
    BLeia g8+4 and 4 stars

Grand Inquisitor:
    Done with requirements, do not have the toon (finished reqs about 4 weeks after first event...still waiting)

Aphra:
    Haven't worked on her at all. I usually don't drop gear until the toons are farmable someplace other than crystal shipments.

Profundity:
    6*, won't rush things from here out, at least not until the three above quests are finished.

Everything else:
    Done.

I relic about a toon a week. I'm going to need to put in some work on many Hero toons for the new TB. Pretty much everything on Neutral. K2-SO and Bodhi on LS. DS I look pretty good. I have to put gear on GrandInq once I have him, and nobody has Reva yet, but the rest are in great shape.

Although Bodhi is a hero toon, I will strongly resist putting relics on him. He'll have to be required for Reva or my GL will have to make him a guild priority, otherwise I'll just leave him where he is (g7 or g8 or something like that). The rest I don't mind gearing. Even Fulcrum recently became good with her TW Omicron, so although it's going to be a lot of work boosting teams, there's no one I'll resent the resources other than Bodhi, upon whom I plan to not spend any resources at all.

So... yeah!

Small amount of work on Jabba. Large amount of work on Aphra/Hondo/droids/Sana. A few random toons need boosting (K2, GI, Fulcrum). Coasting on Profundity until there comes a day when I don't have a goal which requires crystals.

I have things to do to keep me busy, but I'm in good shape for all of it.
  • I am ftp and still playing since 29th jan 2017....its something to celebrate right? :)

Jml r9, rey r8, slk r8, lv r8, jmk r8, see r8.
    Ben r7, ready for GI.
    All fleet 7* include prof.

Now chasing for jabba
  • f2p and i have 8 prerequisites for SEE complete, and anakin at r6 so that should be another soon. i’m hoping to get all of them done before the new year, and then i would have made it through the requirements in about a year after i started working.
  • I am ftp and still playing since 29th jan 2017....its something to celebrate right? :)

Jml r9, rey r8, slk r8, lv r8, jmk r8, see r8.
    Ben r7, ready for GI.
    All fleet 7* include prof.

Now chasing for jabba

That's great accomplishment for a late starting f2p.
  • There are FTP players from game opening with all GLs, maybe except Jabba but I imagine even him. How is any bickering valid about availability?
  • There are FTP players from game opening with all GLs, maybe except Jabba but I imagine even him. How is any bickering valid about availability?

What do u mean? We are those f2p lol. @sloweagle has always been in the lead. We don't have Jabba yet because it's not feasible but many are close to it.
  • I'm close. Not super-close time wise (another 20-30 days) but I am down to only 2 toons not relic'd. (Threepio also needs two more relic tiers, but I have all the mats, I just don't see the need when I still have two toons short of 7 stars and Threepio really don't gain much with additional relics.)

I've got the crystals to buy 200 shards, but with both SGLando and BLeia I'm 287 total shards short.

So I'm just going to wait 20 days or so, finish SGLando the old fashioned way, then purchase shards to finish GLeia. The state of my g12 gear will determine exactly how quickly after Lando hits 7-stars I can get the reqs finished and start farming Jabba.
  • I need another 10-15 days or so for jabba, farming the last 2 marquee from hard nodes patiently. I diverted a lot of resources for guild TW requirements, so my signal data and crystals are at low level. I have 9 R9, 20 R8, 33 R7.
  • I'm at 9M FtP.

Jabba:
    Threepio is r5 of 7 needed
    Fennec is r4 of 7 needed
    SGLando g10+4 and 5 stars
    BLeia g8+4 and 4 stars

Grand Inquisitor:
    Done with requirements, do not have the toon (finished reqs about 4 weeks after first event...still waiting)

Aphra:
    Haven't worked on her at all. I usually don't drop gear until the toons are farmable someplace other than crystal shipments.

Profundity:
    6*, won't rush things from here out, at least not until the three above quests are finished.

Everything else:
    Done.

I relic about a toon a week. I'm going to need to put in some work on many Hero toons for the new TB. Pretty much everything on Neutral. K2-SO and Bodhi on LS. DS I look pretty good. I have to put gear on GrandInq once I have him, and nobody has Reva yet, but the rest are in great shape.

Although Bodhi is a hero toon, I will strongly resist putting relics on him. He'll have to be required for Reva or my GL will have to make him a guild priority, otherwise I'll just leave him where he is (g7 or g8 or something like that). The rest I don't mind gearing. Even Fulcrum recently became good with her TW Omicron, so although it's going to be a lot of work boosting teams, there's no one I'll resent the resources other than Bodhi, upon whom I plan to not spend any resources at all.

So... yeah!

Small amount of work on Jabba. Large amount of work on Aphra/Hondo/droids/Sana. A few random toons need boosting (K2, GI, Fulcrum). Coasting on Profundity until there comes a day when I don't have a goal which requires crystals.

I have things to do to keep me busy, but I'm in good shape for all of it.

Really organized. I like it. Unlike me, I just plan and then dump my resources on whatever the latest meta toon requires or guild requires for TW. I only do short term planning. 😂 it does work for me though as I unlocked PF and GI when they first came out.
  • qsm6ljxhpa13.png
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    We're in the same place on Boussh's shards, Maru, but you're out front of me on her gear.

• I almost have enough gear hoarded to do this line. Keeping track from swgoh events gear. It's only the shards that are the problem for me.
    kj8g2xcnd3ud.png
  • Well, congrats.

Also, since I know you like holiday specials, have you seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy special?
  • Is that any good? I was thinking abt watching it last night but it was only 45 mins.
  • Boosted things up a bit. 2k pile left.

e769l3szg3rm.png
  • Really nice work. I'm not terribly far behind you with GLando, but my Boussh is still way behind at like 30/85 or so. I'm impressed that you're so far along with Boussh.
  • I got a bit caught up in this since Jabba is the first gl I'm excited about, should start the farm in 2 days. Anyone else started yet?

8wf9uheh8pws.png
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    I'm 2.5 to 3.5 weeks away.
  • Got enough crystals but waiting for the free shards in a week or so.
  • Got enough crystals but waiting for the free shards in a week or so.

Yea, I did the boost and the same day free boussh crystals calendar showed up lol.
  • Jabba done. 7th GL completed.