November 2022 RA and P2 Gear Changes

Prev134
This RA looks very promising and I’m very excited to see the P2 changes announced and not about to take over a year to be implemented. Here’s my thoughts and feedback:

Excluding Kyro’s completely is a big miss on their part. There’s far too much need on every new character needing 50 of each prototype for several gear levels up to G12 and another 100 of a prototype to cap off the transition to G13. One toon could need as many as 400 or 500 kyrotechs in total. This especially after they said kyro’s were meant to alleviate the gear crunch when first introduced. At first that was proven false, and excluding them from P2 changes is doubling down on that. Very disappointed with them refusing to alleviate that. Even just making the shock prods for 15 salvage available like the computer pads and doubling the amount we get in AB’s would help immensely. Heck even dedicating a permanent slot in the stores for kyro’s would be fantastic. Refusing to address it at all is just….ugh.

The other announced changes though are very good and welcome. I have no issue with the gear 12 pieces being excluded as G12 is totally fine to be a base point for feeling the pinch of gear. The relic changes if I read them right, are nice too to make it so we don’t have to struggle so much with green and blue gear just to relic our toons.

The new TB looks exciting but the platoons are going to be a pain. Hopefully the devs didn’t make it mathematically impossible to get max stars but instead makes sure it’s by strategy and roster development.

The anniversary specials and gift look great and promising as well.

Overall I think aside from the miss on kyro’s this is a very positive RA.

Replies

• Actually, I just reread the TB portion, no more GET1? Yeah that’s a big miss
  • Get 1 is so old anyone remotely high end should have 100k+ stored up
  • What about KaM that’s the elephant in the room
  • Aren’t they increasing the amount of GET2 coming from Geo battles? I’m an 8.4m player and burn through it exclusively on Kyro at this point, so having more of it will help some, not as much as I’d prefer given that when they release new factions it takes 2500 or more of them to get them to relic level, i.e. bad batch and Inquisitorius.
  • What about phase 1 of the gear, they didn't finish it. They said that they will give more gear on hard battles...
  • DarthGrff wrote: »
    Get 1 is so old anyone remotely high end should have 100k+ stored up

How? Do you not need mk6 medpacks? That's where all of my get1 goes, and it's never enough.
  • DarthGrff wrote: »

The gear needed from GET1 like mk6 medpacs, other gear 12 needs and core gear makes it so that’s not likely.
    Salazzaar wrote: »
    What about phase 1 of the gear, they didn't finish it. They said that they will give more gear on hard battles...

They already increased the drop rates for hard nodes. Now they’re going to double the amounts.
  • Will there be two new exclusive characters to farm with GET3?
  • I'm working on BAM.
    BAM needs 600 kyro shock prods and 500 kyro battle computers. He has single-handedly stalled any other character gearing. So I think easing this slightly, isn't going to break the system; even if it's an additional 20% drop rate.

Outside of this, I agree with the gear economy changes. G12 should be a good plateau for gearing characters.

Everything else looks promising and I'm excited for it. Thank you in advance for the anniversary gifts CG!
  • Salazzaar
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    DarthGrff wrote: »

The gear needed from GET1 like mk6 medpacs, other gear 12 needs and core gear makes it so that’s not likely.
    Salazzaar wrote: »
    What about phase 1 of the gear, they didn't finish it. They said that they will give more gear on hard battles...

They already increased the drop rates for hard nodes. Now they’re going to double the amounts.

Read this from september RA:

We also have a few more changes for Phase 1 of the Gear Changes that we want to wrap up in the near future. There are 2 changes that will be happening soon:
    We will be adding important Gear to hard nodes to allow you to get some Gear while farming character shards
    Adding Core Gear to Shipments for Shard Shop Currency
    They didn't finish it
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The gear changes are a joke. Kyros are the worst bottleneck and everyone knows it. Doubling kyros and nothing else would have bigger effect.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Actually, I just reread the TB portion, no more GET1? Yeah that’s a big miss

This basically made the RoA post garbage to me.

ROA: We are "punishing" growing players/guilds. If you are going to do the new TB you will now have a new bottleneck added to your gear grind that only exists if you do the new TB.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

How? Do you not need mk6 medpacks? That's where all of my get1 goes, and it's never enough.

I have 150k stored. I spend it down to there after every TB and then stop.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

But if you do the new TB, then you won't get any more get1 to replenish your stockpile
  • So basically we need to go convert all our gear to salvage now before the changes or it will be worth half as much.
  • TVF wrote: »

But if you do the new TB, then you won't get any more get1 to replenish your stockpile
    Don’t we get some from Raids?
  • Arctrooper
    53 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Overall I think aside from the miss on kyro’s this is a very positive RA.

Exactly! Some really exciting stuff in here. That said, accelerating gear, but excluding Kyros will do....pretty much nothing. The other gear isn't the problem with levelling characters up. I'm not sure what they are thinking if they believe this will let players level characters up faster. It simply won't. I have entire factions stuck at g8 where the Kyrotech wall hits. This changes nothing.
  • While I liked the RA overall, I can't wait to get 0 drops on gear while farming it XD
  • With Scythe not able to be unlocked until mid-January, is there a plan for the nodes it is "required" for?
  • that RA was almost as long as a GL kit. pass
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • My first impression from the RA is very positive. Honestly, if it weren't for DCs, I'd probably be willing to spend on this game again. Of course, if it weren't for DCs (and 3v3 GAC, to a lesser extent), I wouldn't have stopped again. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • No Kryo relief?

Gear Economy is still stuck at that bottleneck..

Hard pass on Phase 2 Gear "Changes" with the fancy math of doubling the drop rate and yet doubling the Reqs..

Curious how the new TB will be..

And again, I'll believe any of this RA when I see it, CG has quite the negative reputation these days..
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    that RA was almost as long as a GL kit. pass

It's all about conquest relief.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    As the game has grown, so has the difficulty and requirements for many events. Bringing a Marquee Character up to viability, in a game where strong squads are often Relic 5+, is a longer road than when we first introduced Marquees many years ago. These changes will help shorten that journey and get characters up to snuff so you can feel confident in using them in a variety of modes sooner.

I am sorry @CG_Tusken_Meathead there is nothing mentioned in the RA that will accomplish this as shards, kyro, gold gear and relics will still be the bottle neck which is not changing with anything mentioned in the RA. Actually not providing GET1 in the new TB will actually make this journey longer with the loss of G12 availability in GET store.
  • Surprised there are no doom and gloom threads about how the new TB is going to break apart guilds.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The post literally notes that relic 5 is the new minimum req for units to be usable and then proceeds to ignore relief regarding gear 12 plus and relics. Look I'm happy that gear 12 and down will be easier, we need that, but we need so much more too. Ease up on the gear 12 plus grind a bit too cg
  • Doubling gear, but still haven't doubled ship drops. I have all of them and I still think it's ridiculous that you're ignoring ships with the same double drop system you have for characters.

It's a start, but you keep forgetting certain oddities. Oh and datacrons still suck.
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead I just have one request. When you guys are pushing Inquisitors and Scythe so heavily, please realise that they are not a very good team given the investment in gear and relics required from players. Even after 2000 kyros and R5s for 5 toons + additional investment in GI, Inquisitors are not a top tier team without datacrons. You should consider revising the functionality of the toons and then push players so hard to invest in them.

If not above, a much simpler solution would be to just reduce the insane Kyro requirement. That way, atleast players will not feel they are investing way beyond the return.
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I just have one request. When you guys are pushing Inquisitors and Scythe so heavily, please realise that they are not a very good team given the investment in gear and relics required from players. Even after 2000 kyros and R5s for 5 toons + additional investment in GI, Inquisitors are not a top tier team without datacrons. You should consider revising the functionality of the toons and then push players so hard to invest in them.

Third sister (Reva) is supposed to achieve that.