November 2022 RA and P2 Gear Changes

Replies

• I'm surprised (well, maybe not really) about the amount of moaning about not all gear being doubled in quantity.
    For newer players this is a massive improvement as it will help them get teams built out for lots of PVE as well as laying the foundation for both strong PVP and later stage PVE.
    For older players, limiting the stuff we need to farm to kyros, a few purple gear, shards and G12 gear is huge as well, at least in my opinion. For Jabba I am bottlenecked more on carbs and other purple gear than on kyros. True, I've mainly been farming for kyro gear, but that just underlines the point that if we don't need to bother much with anything but kyro gear, it's a massive overall relief.
    I have a lot of passion projects I'd like to pursue, where I see less kyro crunch than general purple gear crunch.

I am worried about the new TB reverting to 24h phases, primarily due to platoons, but that's the only real negative I see in this RA.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Starslayer wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I just have one request. When you guys are pushing Inquisitors and Scythe so heavily, please realise that they are not a very good team given the investment in gear and relics required from players. Even after 2000 kyros and R5s for 5 toons + additional investment in GI, Inquisitors are not a top tier team without datacrons. You should consider revising the functionality of the toons and then push players so hard to invest in them.

Third sister (Reva) is supposed to achieve that.

Let us see. Reva is quite far off for most guilds. Also, most likely, she herself will need 3 Omicrons and tons of Kyros!!
  • Salazzaar wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Get 1 is so old anyone remotely high end should have 100k+ stored up

The gear needed from GET1 like mk6 medpacs, other gear 12 needs and core gear makes it so that’s not likely.
    Salazzaar wrote: »
    What about phase 1 of the gear, they didn't finish it. They said that they will give more gear on hard battles...

They already increased the drop rates for hard nodes. Now they’re going to double the amounts.

Read this from september RA:

We also have a few more changes for Phase 1 of the Gear Changes that we want to wrap up in the near future. There are 2 changes that will be happening soon:
    We will be adding important Gear to hard nodes to allow you to get some Gear while farming character shards
    Adding Core Gear to Shipments for Shard Shop Currency
    They didn't finish it

They did add an additional core gear slot to the shard shop. It's the one right next to grievous that shifted all the G12 gear over one slot.

As for adding gear to hard nodes - they're doubling ALL non-kyro gear <G12 on all nodes, not just hard nodes.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Surprised there are no doom and gloom threads about how the new TB is going to break apart guilds.

We won't start getting those until the new TB actually drops lol
  • I'm feeling positive about the changes, especially as they have a date where they start.

I agree that G12-13 should be a bite point, I always think getting a character to G13 is an achievement and should require a degree of effort. I don't think kyros are that big of a problem considering they are available through Get2 and GA arena shards. The big one for me are the Mk 6 Athakam Medpac Salvage pieces. I would have liked to see them become permanent fixtures in the shard shop. The sheer amount of these needed really delays a players progression. When they appear consistently in the shard shop I see a much fast progression compared to times they don't appear for ages.

I'm a bit confused about Get1, are they saying it just won't be a reward for the new TB or that they are removing the bulk reward from all TBs? If its the later surely that slows down progress?
  • I'm feeling positive about the changes, especially as they have a date where they start.

I agree that G12-13 should be a bite point, I always think getting a character to G13 is an achievement and should require a degree of effort. I don't think kyros are that big of a problem considering they are available through Get2 and GA arena shards. The big one for me are the Mk 6 Athakam Medpac Salvage pieces. I would have liked to see them become permanent fixtures in the shard shop. The sheer amount of these needed really delays a players progression. When they appear consistently in the shard shop I see a much fast progression compared to times they don't appear for ages.

I'm a bit confused about Get1, are they saying it just won't be a reward for the new TB or that they are removing the bulk reward from all TBs? If its the later surely that slows down progress?

I'm having trouble finding where they said GET1 won't be included in the rewards for the new TB. They don't mention it specifically but I don't see where it explicitly says it won't be there. It very well may not be, but without seeing the reward tiers I feel like this is making an assumption. I also don't see any indication implied or otherwise that it's being removed from the other TBs - I can't think of a reason that they would do this.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I just have one request. When you guys are pushing Inquisitors and Scythe so heavily, please realise that they are not a very good team given the investment in gear and relics required from players. Even after 2000 kyros and R5s for 5 toons + additional investment in GI, Inquisitors are not a top tier team without datacrons. You should consider revising the functionality of the toons and then push players so hard to invest in them.

So was GI...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

So was GI...

I don't think they said he would challenge GLs in GAC?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I am worried about the new TB reverting to 24h phases, primarily due to platoons, but that's the only real negative I see in this RA.

I was too, until i read that missions will only have 2 waves.

• Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I'm surprised (well, maybe not really) about the amount of moaning about not all gear being doubled in quantity.
    For newer players this is a massive improvement as it will help them get teams built out for lots of PVE as well as laying the foundation for both strong PVP and later stage PVE.
    For older players, limiting the stuff we need to farm to kyros, a few purple gear, shards and G12 gear is huge as well, at least in my opinion. For Jabba I am bottlenecked more on carbs and other purple gear than on kyros. True, I've mainly been farming for kyro gear, but that just underlines the point that if we don't need to bother much with anything but kyro gear, it's a massive overall relief.
    I have a lot of passion projects I'd like to pursue, where I see less kyro crunch than general purple gear crunch.

Every new toon needs anywhere from 300-600 kyro salvage pieces, and that req starts at gear 8. Not including it in the gear economy changes is foolish on their part. After a day sitting on this, it truly ruins the gear economy changes for me, as positive as they may be.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead @CG_SBCrumb
    Also, I missed this, are you guys seriously making relic material conversion WORSE for the scrap materials and reducing it by 50%.

If R5 is the goal then why the heck are you making the conversion rate WORSE. You do realize that the relic conversion for scrap material is broken as is right?

The more I think about this RA, the worse I feel. You guys are dropping the ball big time
  • Sorry to hear that. I still feel pretty good about the RA.

I'm excited for the new TB! For long-time players, it's been forever since there was some non-trivial PvE content to build for. Here's to hoping they don't turn off most of the game mechanics (e.g. cPit) as a means of generating difficulty.

I'm excited for a new SK-like toon release. If she's half as impactful and fun as he has been, huge thumbs up in my book.

Doubling non-Kyro, sub-G12 gear is not nothing. It won't be as impactful for longtime, endgame players; but I think it will be very helpful for newer players that are still working on teams that we farmed before Kyros were even a thing.

They said they didn't want to tinker with the relic economy just yet. I do think changes are warranted for the CCB and Bronziums economy in particular, but I wasn't expecting changes to the relic economy, so the lack of a change doesn't really bother me.
    why the heck are you making the conversion rate WORSE?

Aren't they doubling the rate those gear pieces are obtained? So there's no material change to the relic economy?

I'm excited for the new TB! For long-time players, it's been forever since there was some non-trivial PvE content to build for. Here's to hoping they don't turn off most of the game mechanics (e.g. cPit) as a means of generating difficulty.

I'm excited for a new SK-like toon release. If she's half as impactful and fun as he has been, huge thumbs up in my book.

Doubling non-Kyro, sub-G12 gear is not nothing. It won't be as impactful for longtime, endgame players; but I think it will be very helpful for newer players that are still working on teams that we farmed before Kyros were even a thing.

They said they didn't want to tinker with the relic economy just yet. I do think changes are warranted for the CCB and Bronziums economy in particular, but I wasn't expecting changes to the relic economy, so the lack of a change doesn't really bother me.

Aren't they doubling the rate those gear pieces are obtained? So there's no material change to the relic economy?

They’re making the gear being double have a conversion rate half of what it is now. So it’s a net neutral when they could’ve just left the conversion rate alone and made it a natural improvement so we could stop wasting all of our green and blue gear for relic scrap
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I'm surprised (well, maybe not really) about the amount of moaning about not all gear being doubled in quantity.

Every new toon needs anywhere from 300-600 kyro salvage pieces, and that req starts at gear 8. Not including it in the gear economy changes is foolish on their part. After a day sitting on this, it truly ruins the gear economy changes for me, as positive as they may be.

Also, I missed this, are you guys seriously making relic material conversion WORSE for the scrap materials and reducing it by 50%.

If R5 is the goal then why the heck are you making the conversion rate WORSE. You do realize that the relic conversion for scrap material is broken as is right?

The more I think about this RA, the worse I feel. You guys are dropping the ball big time

Sure, kyro is still an issue for newer toons - but even at 8m+ GP I still run into carbanti bottlenecks and MK4 commlinks are always a pinch point. If I was only ever waiting on kyro then I could see your point, but I'd hazard a guess that most people still feel the pinch on non-kyro purple gear. Making that go away is a very, very good thing imo.

Regarding the relic conversion rate - it's a net change of 0. You'll be getting double the scrap on drops and in rewards so effectively this is meaningless in terms of your ability to get relic materials. It's the only way they could make this change without trivializing relic levels.
    Sorry to hear that. I still feel pretty good about the RA.

They’re making the gear being double have a conversion rate half of what it is now. So it’s a net neutral when they could’ve just left the conversion rate alone and made it a natural improvement so we could stop wasting all of our green and blue gear for relic scrap

Okay, cool. We agree it's a net neutral. We also agree that an improvement would be warranted. However, I'm gonna stop short of feeling negative about the things I want that I didn't get (HSR sim, unranked GAC matches vs allies/guildmates, removal of DCs, etc) and appreciate the things we did get.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

So how is a net neutral making it worse....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Because CG is touting how cool this is when in reality it changes nothing. It doesn't help when the whole point of changing the Gear Economy is to help the players achieve more so that the game can keep progressing.

Standing still is a negative...
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Regarding the relic conversion rate - it's a net change of 0. You'll be getting double the scrap on drops and in rewards so effectively this is meaningless in terms of your ability to get relic materials. It's the only way they could make this change without trivializing relic levels.

One tiny thing: the challenge rewards are not doubled, so there is a case for the "worse" squad.

Edit: only regarding relics and not by much. On the whole, the gear changes are awesome.

Post edited by Starslayer on
  • My opinion as a mid-game player approaching the 2 year mark (nearly 6M GP). This is a GREAT improvement as there are still tons of characters that are held up on things like carbantis, stun guns, etc....even after the phase 1 gear economy changes (adding more to challenges). Even with full-time farming of kyros and buying them with GET2/GAC, it's usually NOT the gear that we are waiting on.

The only downside in this RA is the change to the salvage conversion rate, and really it's only a downside because we need that final clarity. If it is how most of us understand, then the solution is just to convert the gear inventory you have before the update so you get the current rate, but going forward it will be fine.

An improvement they should make is doubling the amount of gear you can get through guild requests though, as many people request the lower level gear for salvage purposes. Also, why not allow kyros and gold gear to be donated via guild requests?
  • TVF wrote: »

To keep it at a net neutral they are making the conversion rate worse by 50% to even it out. So the rate is getting worse itself.

They should’ve just left it be.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Sure, kyro is still an issue for newer toons - but even at 8m+ GP I still run into carbanti bottlenecks and MK4 commlinks are always a pinch point. If I was only ever waiting on kyro then I could see your point, but I'd hazard a guess that most people still feel the pinch on non-kyro purple gear. Making that go away is a very, very good thing imo.

It wouldn’t trivialize relic levels though. Depending on the gear it may have trivialized one of the carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, etc but you have so many layers to relics that there’s so much to need to actually trivialize it. Plus they said R5 is the new norm for squad power and reqs so it should be easier to get there like it was back when G8-11 was the base point for squad power and for reqs into events.

My biggest issues is the kyro’s though. Doing nothing for that is a big miss on their part and doesn’t really help g8 and beyond for any new toon introduced since kyro’s were introduced into the game.

Okay, cool. We agree it's a net neutral. We also agree that an improvement would be warranted. However, I'm gonna stop short of feeling negative about the things I want that I didn't get (HSR sim, unranked GAC matches vs allies/guildmates, removal of DCs, etc) and appreciate the things we did get.

I’m appreciative of a new TB, barring they don’t kill our GET1 farms by actually removing it from the rewards in the new TB or don’t have GET1 currency resources available for GET3 currency.

I’m also appreciative of the gear economy changes they are bringing to the game in December (rather than over a year later from announcement) but am going to voice my displeasure with them not touching kyrotechs at all and keeping the relic scrap a net neutral with worsening the conversion rate for the accelerated gear.
    <happy list> but am going to voice my displeasure with them not touching kyrotechs at all and keeping the relic scrap a net neutral with worsening the conversion rate for the accelerated gear.

I think that's totally fine and constructive. I'm just surprised that those 2 things make the overall post a net negative for you :(

"t truly ruins the gear economy changes for me, as positive as they may be"

"The more I think about this RA, the worse I feel. You guys are dropping the ball big time"

You feel what you feel, though.
    <happy list> but am going to voice my displeasure with them not touching kyrotechs at all and keeping the relic scrap a net neutral with worsening the conversion rate for the accelerated gear.

I think that's totally fine and constructive. I'm just surprised that those 2 things make the overall post a net negative for you :(

"t truly ruins the gear economy changes for me, as positive as they may be"

"The more I think about this RA, the worse I feel. You guys are dropping the ball big time"

You feel what you feel, though.

Not negative yet, but I’m just seeing more things that are bringing down my excitement inside the RA. I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth of course with the other gear changes but id like to know why Kyro’s weren’t included in this at all. The G12 materials I under stand totally.
  • Why is Dr Aphra dark side? She is very definitely neutral. Why finally introduce neutral characters and make her dark side? This is very wrong.
  • This was about 75% good.

Its about time cg acknowledheg that buying a character and not being able to take them to gear 12 on day 1 was a huge issue. Thats been the bare minimum for a while now, with relic 5 being where you really need to be with reliced characters. (Sure a few work at 3 or less... but 5 is the bar, like i said before. Good to see cg agreed)

Now things that take this down to 25%

1. Kam shards still at same rate?
    2. When is this update???

Because if i barely have relic material now, when you double the gear and then give me 50% relic from it.... sounds like i have a window of time where this is gonna suck.

Will you be doubling my current on hand gear or is it just now worth half as much? @CG_Tusken_Meathead.

3. Kyrotech missing. If you arent gonna double this because 100 is needed in the final part for taking a character to r0, then you need to stop putting it at every level from 8/9 to 11 in various amounts

If you dont, we still have a hurdle stopping us from getting to gear 12, or gear 9 or 10...

Having it be kyro instead of stun cuffs or stun guns isnt fixing the issue. Why should i spend $30 if im stuck at gear 9 insyead of gear 8?
  • Apologies if it's already been addressed, but the Gear that is NOT doubled, that their Conversion will stay the same??
  • Update is amazing except relic salvage rate changes, when tier 1-3 is removed from late relic tiers I don’t see a reason for this reducing. It didn’t affect late tiers with doubling drop. But without daily challenges changes I assume that soon we will face relic resources tier 1&4 bottlenecks.
  • Are gear drops from bronziums doubling as well?

All my normal energy goes to kyro farming almost all the time, and ship energy is for g12 gold pieces, so there is only the gear on those nodes that I ever farm for the double up.

Bronziums are a big part of my low gear piece income to take to the scavenger, so I hope they have been included in this.

But where are you primarily getting that gear? A significant portion of that gear is coming from challenges for me. And those aren't being doubled
  • To be technical, the gear changes are not neutral to the relic system. While the farmed components might be the primary source of scrapping materials, they are not exclusive, and daily challenges as well purchased pieces will have halved value when it comes to relics. So in fact, for endgame players with crapton of g12+ characters this might be net negative.
  • CG: We're releasing Phase 2 gear changes next month!

Also CG: We're ignoring that we never gave you the HSTR Sim, and therefore never finished the Phase 1 changes promised over a year ago.

(Probably) Also CG: Phase 2 gear changes will be delayed to sometime Mid-2023