November 2022 RA and P2 Gear Changes

Replies

• emoore123 wrote: »
    CG: We're releasing Phase 2 gear changes next month!

Also CG: We're ignoring that we never gave you the HSTR Sim, and therefore never finished the Phase 1 changes promised over a year ago.

(Probably) Also CG: Phase 2 gear changes will be delayed to sometime Mid-2023
    Can you post a link to where they…

a) promised to deliver HSTR sim
    b) stated this was part of the Phase 1 changes?
    You won’t be able to
  • So many of you are missing the point because you can’t consider any other players. They specifically said these changes are going a long ways towards a catch-up mechanic.

Start a new game and tell me how many years it takes before Kyros are your biggest problem. Not days, weeks, months - years.

If you don’t think the game should adapt to new players ability to catch up than why should they make any changes at all? Clearly you’re not leaving so why worry about what you want?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    As the game has grown, so has the difficulty and requirements for many events. Bringing a Marquee Character up to viability, in a game where strong squads are often Relic 5+, is a longer road than when we first introduced Marquees many years ago. These changes will help shorten that journey and get characters up to snuff so you can feel confident in using them in a variety of modes sooner.

I am sorry @CG_Tusken_Meathead there is nothing mentioned in the RA that will accomplish this as shards, kyro, gold gear and relics will still be the bottle neck which is not changing with anything mentioned in the RA. Actually not providing GET1 in the new TB will actually make this journey longer with the loss of G12 availability in GET store.

I agree

They mentioned during Phase 1 that they are loosening the gear bottlenecks so that newer players can "engage in relics" sooner and help them catch up to veteran players

But the whole "doubling the cost of scavenger and bottlenecking gear 12" is a complete opposite of it

I would understand not making Kyros any easier than they are today, but getting to g12 isn't really a big difference than g11 at all

And you cannot engage in relics as a new player if the cost of R1 is exorbitant and struggle to get to R0

Also, g13 should be the bare minimum at this point, and no reason getting to g13 is so difficult

So i don't understand why they would get rid of GET1 just to reintroduce g12 -> g13 slope, let alone the scrap needed from those gear to increase relic tiers

TL;DR They made getting to g12 easier but getting to g13 harder and they haven't made any difference for a new player to engage in relics since they adjusted the scrap conversion rate for inflation
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    To be technical, the gear changes are not neutral to the relic system. While the farmed components might be the primary source of scrapping materials, they are not exclusive, and daily challenges as well purchased pieces will have halved value when it comes to relics. So in fact, for endgame players with crapton of g12+ characters this might be net negative.

No.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    The Shipment prices of these goods will be reduced by 50%

Also:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Gear Challenges will remain unchanged (these were adjusted previously)

Gear from challenges has already been increased in Phase 1 - people somehow forget how big of a deal that was and will still be moving forward. With all that gear also getting increased drop rates everywhere else and reduced costs in shipments, it won't matter so much WHAT you're scrapping - suddenly for many players (maybe not the super-hoarders or the people that have rode #1 arena ranks daily for the first five years of the game) stun cuffs and stun guns as well as other gear that would never have gotten scrapped is on the table because of how easy it is to get.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • I know people are concerned Phase 2 didn't help get us to Relic 5, but there's still Phase 3 of the gear changes coming. Maybe that'll have 'em.

;)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    As the game has grown, so has the difficulty and requirements for many events. Bringing a Marquee Character up to viability, in a game where strong squads are often Relic 5+, is a longer road than when we first introduced Marquees many years ago. These changes will help shorten that journey and get characters up to snuff so you can feel confident in using them in a variety of modes sooner.

I am sorry @CG_Tusken_Meathead there is nothing mentioned in the RA that will accomplish this as shards, kyro, gold gear and relics will still be the bottle neck which is not changing with anything mentioned in the RA. Actually not providing GET1 in the new TB will actually make this journey longer with the loss of G12 availability in GET store.

I agree

They mentioned during Phase 1 that they are loosening the gear bottlenecks so that newer players can "engage in relics" sooner and help them catch up to veteran players

But the whole "doubling the cost of scavenger and bottlenecking gear 12" is a complete opposite of it

I would understand not making Kyros any easier than they are today, but getting to g12 isn't really a big difference than g11 at all

And you cannot engage in relics as a new player if the cost of R1 is exorbitant and struggle to get to R0

Also, g13 should be the bare minimum at this point, and no reason getting to g13 is so difficult

So i don't understand why they would get rid of GET1 just to reintroduce g12 -> g13 slope, let alone the scrap needed from those gear to increase relic tiers

TL;DR They made getting to g12 easier but getting to g13 harder and they haven't made any difference for a new player to engage in relics since they adjusted the scrap conversion rate for inflation

The day has come. I 100% agree with ultra on an entire post. You sir, get a like from me
  • I would agree 90% with Ultra. I believe the reason kyro’s aren’t being touched is because they are a source of income. I’m not a CG employee/contractor/indentured servant though, so that is pure speculation and gut feeling.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • I hope CG reconsiders the 24 phases for the new TB. I would think they learned the lesson from the player base after trying 24 hour phases before. It’s not practical for a globally based game, people sleep, people work weird non-PST hours.
  • I’m taking a wait and see approach with the gear economy changes. I average 4-5 new relic characters per month. I suspect that’ll increase but I see the new bottleneck being circuit boards. I’d have much rather it been the cantina mats for relics. So while I’ll get more than 4-5 characters to relics each month, my gut tells me I’ll still finish only 4-5 characters per month. Not sure I’m looking forward to an ever expanding list of characters I need relic levels on because I lack circuit boards.

Ultra is also right that making g12 to g13 harder eliminates any good by these changes. G12 on some characters is okay for geo ds not really for geo ls. Presumably you’ll get nowhere with g12 in the new tb.

I’m excited overall but if past is prologue I’ll ask myself more than a few times what were they thinking.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    I know people are concerned Phase 2 didn't help get us to Relic 5, but there's still Phase 3 of the gear changes coming. Maybe that'll have 'em.

;)

Phase 2 was the farthest crumb was willing to go in his assurance for economy changes. We don't actually know whether they will go any further after phase 2
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    To be technical, the gear changes are not neutral to the relic system. While the farmed components might be the primary source of scrapping materials, they are not exclusive, and daily challenges as well purchased pieces will have halved value when it comes to relics. So in fact, for endgame players with crapton of g12+ characters this might be net negative.

No.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    The Shipment prices of these goods will be reduced by 50%

Also:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Gear Challenges will remain unchanged (these were adjusted previously)

Gear from challenges has already been increased in Phase 1 - people somehow forget how big of a deal that was and will still be moving forward. With all that gear also getting increased drop rates everywhere else and reduced costs in shipments, it won't matter so much WHAT you're scrapping - suddenly for many players (maybe not the super-hoarders or the people that have rode #1 arena ranks daily for the first five years of the game) stun cuffs and stun guns as well as other gear that would never have gotten scrapped is on the table because of how easy it is to get.

Gear from challenges has not been doubled in Phase1 and now it is getting halved, so yes, it is a net negative impact. Probably negligible but it is not neutral, also, they never said phase1+2 is a net neutral on the relic system, they said phase 2 is net neutral which mathematically isnt. Also, please stop simping on CG. Typing "no" is not a too sophisticated argument, I must say. Btw halving the price is still not going to make it net neutral unless you double the quantity, because certain types of currencies have unlimited supplies but shops have limited offers, and nobody wants to refresh them by default. However, if you double the quantities, you interfere with the gearing as well. Anyway,it is not net neutral.

Even if you were right on the topic which you definitely arent, if phase 1+2 was net neutral on the relic system (which absolutely isnt) , while Phase1 (even in its unfinished state) has been net positive on the relic system what should I celebrate on phase2 then? I had no trouble gearing up characters to g13 except for the kyrotech and most of the tanks and attackers arent even viable at that level in the kyber league. I dont mind catchup mechanics, in fact, I welcome them, proving grounds is fine for example but I dont like my own progression getting slowed down.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I just have one request. When you guys are pushing Inquisitors and Scythe so heavily, please realise that they are not a very good team given the investment in gear and relics required from players. Even after 2000 kyros and R5s for 5 toons + additional investment in GI, Inquisitors are not a top tier team without datacrons. You should consider revising the functionality of the toons and then push players so hard to invest in them.

Third sister (Reva) is supposed to achieve that.

Oh I hope Reva doesn't disappoint. As no kit reveal yet
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Know this is off topic but I wanna see when CG will remove the gear lock for toons not 7 stars.

CG wants new players to catch up ? Remove those locks and then they can really catch up. If the toons are not at 7 stars, G11 is all u really need to worry about

U can keep the new fancy toys with the gear lock, but toons that are in the game for more them 2 years ?
  • Here is my recommendation

4 star - relic 1
    5 star - reliv 5
    6 star- relic 6
    7 star - relic 7 and higher

Why ??

U want the datacon thing to work? Now DC is not relevant to new players as u need a minimal R3 ?

Remove these locks and maybe it will give incentive for new players to try to beat hard cinquest. With these locks removed they also can contribute more to their TB

I agree

Nicely said. I agree 100%.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    I know people are concerned Phase 2 didn't help get us to Relic 5, but there's still Phase 3 of the gear changes coming. Maybe that'll have 'em.

;)

Pretty sure that Phase 3 will have Crumb snap his fingers and 50% of our roster and saved resources will vanish.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Jandau
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Will the gear received from Bronzium data cards in the store be doubled ?
    Post edited by Jandau on

I agree

Agree except with the kyro’s part.

At this point they’ve made every new character need 200 salvage for kyro’s at minimum just to get to G13 and that’s rare itself. Think more 300-400 per character. Giving some relief like adding them to daily challenges or increasing what we get in AB’s, daily prize box, and even letting us buy 15 shock prods like the computers in the GET store would’ve been good to do. Doing absolutely nothing goes against their stated intent.

Would love it @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Tusken_Meathead would address this as well as the other questions proposed since the RA was announced but….silence as usual.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I mean the kyro thing is fine since its only on the newer characters (last 3 years) and there needs to be some grind (100 kyros per toon to g13) is fine

I know newer players are able to get to SLKR in one year at the current pace, so I think the kyro thing won't be an issue while they work on the first 4.5 years worth of characters

And having only two gear pieces as a money maker is not a bad trade (other than relic materials + signal data), CG does need to make some money on gear so there needs to be some compromise between the players and Capital Games

Only limiting on two pieces of Kyro instead of 50 others seems like a good deal to me
    I mean the kyro thing is fine since its only on the newer characters (last 3 years) and there needs to be some grind (100 kyros per toon to g13) is fine

I know newer players are able to get to SLKR in one year at the current pace, so I think the kyro thing won't be an issue while they work on the first 4.5 years worth of characters

And having only two gear pieces as a money maker is not a bad trade (other than relic materials + signal data), CG does need to make some money on gear so there needs to be some compromise between the players and Capital Games

Only limiting on two pieces of Kyro instead of 50 others seems like a good deal to me

The problem is kyro’s aren’t just at G13. If it was one guaranteed kyro slot only from G8-G12 then ok. But them claiming they’re helping the G8-11 grind but ignoring kyro’s is a bit…blind.

There’s lots of toons the last 2+ years they’ve pushed out that need hundreds a piece. I believe SLKR is one of the friendliest farms in terms of kyro’s needed for the whole team IIRC.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2022

Gear from challenges has already been increased in Phase 1 - people somehow forget how big of a deal that was and will still be moving forward. .

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021

No, people mandela effect the challenge changes. They didn't change the drops in the existing challenges, they added core gear. The other drops didn't change, but even if they did - its still a step back in value from today because their value is getting cut in half. So still a negative. And bronzimum card drops are not changing either, so another negative. It's not net neutral since the two largest passive gear generation sources are not getting increased.

Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • EgoSlayer wrote: »

Gear from challenges has already been increased in Phase 1 - people somehow forget how big of a deal that was and will still be moving forward. .

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021

No, people mandela effect the challenge changes. They didn't change the drops in the existing challenges, they added core gear.

No mandela effect here. As gear was added, the total gear has increased. I’m not debating the rest as i think ( i’m too lazy to do the maths) that the increase in total gear doesn’t make up for cutting the scavenger value in half.
  • Agree 100% with ultra, even the kyro piece. A bottleneck needs to exist somewhere.
  • As annoying as the kyro bottleneck is, I do see the point of it. However, it would be nice if CG could add 15 shock prods to the GET2 rotation, as it seems easier to farm one than the other.
  • Good old CG and their “slight of hand” gear and conversion changes…
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Im simi ok with kyro after much thought.... what im upset with is scavenger doubling his prices, aka halfing what he gives for gear.

Again this means the day before the update my gear is worth X.... after its worth X/2=Y.

This doesnt respect my investment. And telling me 4 weeks ahead to scrap now is not the answer.

What if i never came to the boards, i literally took a break off from them and came back to see what the last mini update was as it kicked me off during my payout to reboot and install.

Will they give players who arent on the forums, totally content with the way things are, a notice that the jawa is seeing inflation hit his store?
  • The 50% decrease in salvage is pretty obnoxious too... That's going to make getting relic gear a lot more difficult. Add that on top of no GET1 currency for the new TB and this is hardly easing things for most players.
  • We get mk1 athakam medpac salvage and mk3 arakyd droid caller salvage from daily challenges and it converts (albeit at a low rate) to carbonite circuit boards. If the challenge gear isn't doubling but the value is halved to the jawa, then this isn't neutral. It's net negative.

• Jakdnels wrote: »
    We get mk1 athakam medpac salvage and mk3 arakyd droid caller salvage from daily challenges and it converts (albeit at a low rate) to carbonite circuit boards. If the challenge gear isn't doubling but the value is halved to the jawa, then this isn't neutral. It's net negative.

Bingo.

And see how those who defended this RA at first have stopped defending it...

Very telling..

• DarthGrff wrote: »
    Get 1 is so old anyone remotely high end should have 100k+ stored up

what would be “remotely”?