Andor (S1) Discussion [Spoilers allowed]

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I can’t swim.

One of the most powerful lines I’ve encountered in a TV show (up there with ‘we dug coal’ at the end of Justified)

Yeah that scene + line was just amazing because it was very unexpected given how these episodes usually go
  • Oh, and not editing to add, I like that Justified was mentioned also, another excellent show.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I can’t swim.

One of the most powerful lines I’ve encountered in a TV show (up there with ‘we dug coal’ at the end of Justified)

Yeah that scene + line was just amazing because it was very unexpected given how these episodes usually go
    Wild. I said "I can't swim" before Keno said it.

• What's funny is, I was describing this to my GF and she said Butch Cassidy, so, it's been done.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyR7XB0VBPM
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I love the fact that they show the day-to-day life and 'resl life' problems in the galaxy for both sides. Also, how and what type of sacrifices were done for the rebellion. It's not your normal-usual SW series but it's great.
  • I want the Luthen haulcraft ship in this game
  • I want the Luthen haulcraft ship in this game

Very cool ship
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    I want the Luthen haulcraft ship in this game

Very cool ship

But….
    I wonder why we never saw Jedi flying saber ships in Clone Wars? Or is there a clue in the colour of the blades? Is Luthien a renegade Sith, setting up a rebellion as a power play against Palpatine? That would be a twist
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Finally got around to watching the episode, and another amazing episode

Really liked the Luthen / Saw Guerera scene

We are seeing the dark side of the rebellion, where own people are sacrificed for the greater good, which is what I wanted

Rebellion is always painted as a perfect side where they always win without any meaningful sacrifice
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I can’t swim.

I wonder what happened to him.

Maybe he can fly instead.
  • where's the next episode discussion! I want to talk about ... spoiler!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    What an ending
  • cml67
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out what they’re building. It looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

There is a bonus scene after the end credits of the finale that answers your question.
  • cml67 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out what they’re building. It looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

There is a bonus scene after the end credits of the finale that answers your question.

I just happened to see it. Thanks
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    The ending was amazing,the funeral music building to a small charge, the speech, the fact that even without Cassian doing anything the people rebelled. The fight wasn't the best thing ever done but it seemed real and in touch with the rest of the show. And the sly little piece of Mon setting her husband up for a public scandal so that her actual rebel activites dont get too investigated. What a writing team

This fight was so much better that the fight in book of boba fett
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    The ending was amazing,the funeral music building to a small charge, the speech, the fact that even without Cassian doing anything the people rebelled. The fight wasn't the best thing ever done but it seemed real and in touch with the rest of the show. And the sly little piece of Mon setting her husband up for a public scandal so that her actual rebel activites dont get too investigated. What a writing team

So here’s a question. Which Andor is the one referred to in the title? We’ve been assuming this show is all about Cassian. But having watched it to the end….
  • Sazerac
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    For me Andor is the best show about SW made so far by a mile. While I did really like Mando, it doesnt have the same feeling when watching.

And yeah, Mon setting up his husband was a brillant move.

What an ending. Cannot wait for S2. 2024... ugh.

@ wed_santa thats a good question. Maybe the Andor family as a whole for what they brought to the rebel.
  • I can say that I’ve finally seen the most unrealistic and ridiculous thing ever depicted in Star Wars. No, it’s not force flying through space without protection. Or explosion sounds in the vacuum of space. Nope. As a musician I can say that there’s no way in hell that two bands could start playing the same song a block apart and meet together and be in unison….. impossible. Ruined the entire Star Wars franchise for me 😂
  • Does anyone else has a feeling that Cinta is Andor's sister?
  • The reason why I love Andor series is because it's not your usual Star Wars. It's much deeper, where you can see the everyday struggle in the galaxy both for light/dark/neutral type characters. Also, you can see the major triggers which lead to people slowly rise up against the empire. The storyline could go a bit faster in some episodes but they, I'd rather prefer this then the rainbow bikers filler episodes from Book of Boba.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Raicall wrote: »
    Does anyone else has a feeling that Cinta is Andor's sister?

The thought that we might've seen Andor's sister did not cross my mind at all but its possible

I do like that its a dangling plot thread they didn't end up covering and saving for next season without reminding us over and over that hey this is something they are saving for S2

It was mentioned at the start of the series and never mentioned again since the scenario never seemed to call the need for it to be bought up
  • So the whole prison storyline was for a post-credits scene?
  • Screerider wrote: »
    So the whole prison storyline was for a post-credits scene?

Character building. Plus why does every scene and character have to matter?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    [
    I can say that I’ve finally seen the most unrealistic and ridiculous thing ever depicted in Star Wars. No, it’s not force flying through space without protection. Or explosion sounds in the vacuum of space. Nope. As a musician I can say that there’s no way in hell that two bands could start playing the same song a block apart and meet together and be in unison….. impossible. Ruined the entire Star Wars franchise for me 😂

Pretty sure the bell tower could have been keeping them in sync.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »

When many episodes left you at the end feeling that nothing happened, now we have a storyline that could just be removed entirely without affecting the main plot or character arc. Filler upon filler. Just seems like a strange strategy for the showrunners.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »

When many episodes left you at the end feeling that nothing happened, now we have a storyline that could just be removed entirely without affecting the main plot or character arc. Filler upon filler. Just seems like a strange strategy for the showrunners.

It was building up Cassians character and what he has gone through and why he is helping the rebels.
  • That is really the first real “rebel” move he makes. On the side, in Rouge One didn’t cassias say he was in the fight since he was 7?
  • @LordDirt
    Plus why does every scene and character have to matter?

I mean, hey. I hear where you're coming from, but I've done a (very small) bit of professional writing and if your editor is even halfway decent they're going to be yelling at you if you can't immediately answer for the purpose of every single scene and every single character.

They don't have to matter, but if you don't want to get hit upside the head with a rolled up newspaper, they do.
  • The storyline could go a bit faster in some episodes but they, I'd rather prefer this then the rainbow bikers filler episodes from Book of Boba.

@Raicall

I agree with you on all points, though I have to admit -- I kinda liked the space Vespas.

Though I like Vespas anyway, so that may have something to do with my otherwise unpopular opinion.