Will you double gears we already have?

2Next

Replies

• RTS wrote: »
    swetisy wrote: »
    No.Time to time, I use some of them, Even that I don't use them doesn't mean somebody else doesn't use them too. In the end, it is a loss.

For instance If somebody paid money for gear recently, Extra gear would become a loss with update, whether it is commonly used for gear or not.

Doubling gear maybe too much but gears should be categorized as old and new if it is possible

Just stop it.

They have you a 3-4 week notice to use it.

When did they do this in game?

Do you think all players come to the forums?
  • RodFarva34 wrote: »
    It could change for you if you start farming kyros.

Lol, so I should farm kyros with my energy and gac tokens ........ again no change.

Also, I'm assuming there are players that don't see the road ahead or come to the forums. Will they scrap their existing inventory?

I just think it would have been fine to leave exchange rate the same and ease the circuit board and bronzium crunch some. You still need plenty of relic mats so would have been an actual gear change vs. the appearance of a gear change.

I agree with this. Leave the scavenger alone and this was a great RA.
  • The gear economy changes are very welcome. I think it’s smart to mirror the accelerated-character technique from a couple years ago. However, I do see one glaring omission from the Road Ahead:

If the gear that is being “accelerated” to being relatively double-dropped, and their conversation rate in the Scavenger Shop will be halved, will our current stockpile of those gear pieces be doubled at the update?

I think it would be mighty unfair for our current cache of lower-level gear to become worth only half of its current value overnight.

Has anybody seen/read any news regarding this?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    There's another thread asking this and the answer is still no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They are extremely unlikely to do that. Your best bet is to convert it all prior to the value change if the post-change discrepancy is of concern.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    No.Time to time, I use some of them, Even that I don't use them doesn't mean somebody else doesn't use them too. In the end, it is a loss.

For instance If somebody paid money for gear recently, Extra gear would become a loss with update, whether it is commonly used for gear or not.

Doubling gear maybe too much but gears should be categorized as old and new if it is possible

Just stop it.

Serious players do. For the rest, they won't care/notice.
  • Given that CG stated the changes are supposed to be net neutral for relics but they didn’t mentioned anything about existing gear stocks I’d assume they forgot about that. Hopefully CG read the forum and come up with a net neutral solution before they do the conversion or people will get upset. Learning from previous communication mistakes CG should be proactive here instead of doing the usual silent treatment. This is an opportunity to listen and do better.
  • TVF wrote: »
    There's another thread asking this and the answer is still no.

Link to the official answer?
  • I agree that CG has had some communication issues historically, but I’m not sure I agree that they need to do more on this. They gave plenty of notice about this change to the gear economy, which is an overwhelmingly positive change. Would it have been nice to say explicitly that players’ existing hoards of materials should be sold for scrap before the change or risk losing value? Sure. Was it necessary? Not so sure. It seems kind of obvious IMO.
  • Given that this hasn’t been communicated in game and will have a concrete adverse effect on players not doing anything before a certain date (which hasn’t been communicated) I would say more could be done from CG if they care to improve the way they interact with their player base. Of course CG doesn’t have to do anything. But I think it would be in their own interest to not walk into these kind of potential issues over and over. Just feels unnecessary to not just put in the small amount of extra effort when they taken the big step to finally address the gear economy.
  • I agree about the information given to the whole player base, they should inform all players in game as soon as possible so they get the chance to scrap their existing gear before the changes and before it is worth only half. An important information like this needs to be communicated in game.

We are all made of star-stuff
  • It would mean everytime something new arrives that increase the gear income (like extra stun guns in daily challenge), they should increase our gear stock accordingly. This would reward hoarding instead of spending. I don't see it happening, even if i'll be happy to see my hoard pile double.

However, an ingame message to inform players that the jawas will double in a few weeks their price would be quite fair.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Just stop it.

Not every serious players read english.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Just stop it.

If it were me and I were serious I would read all dev threads using a translator.

Just stop it.

If it were me and I were serious I would read all dev threads using a translator.

I would hire C-3PO
  • Why are we even discussion this so much?

If you worry about your gear stash being worth less, just scrap it now at its current exchange rate.

It's that easy. You protect your "value" and will quickly accumulate a new stash once the changes roll out.
  • Dwinkelm
    765 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    TVF wrote: »

Just stop it.

-spoken by a person with exactly ZERO experience using a translator for something serious.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

Just stop it.

-spoken by a person with exactly ZERO experience using a translator for something serious.

Define "serious"
  • Ahnald had a video that linked to a spreadsheet that'll have the details for what to salvage for what. Just salvage what you can ahead of time and keep what you think you'll need (carbantis, stun guns, etc.) so they can be used for characters. There aren't too many that you use a lot of and the spreadsheet shows that info. So scrap whatever you can before the update and then you'll be ready for the new world.

Think of CG like the government, if it's going to "benefit" you, it'll be better for them in some way. So, do the work before the update and all will be well.
  • The fix is simple
    1. CG implements the changes to gear drops/rewards
    2. CG Writes, IN GAME, that relic conversion rates will be lowered for this and this gear in 7 days (or whatever)
    3. Implement the relic changes after 7 days.
    4. CG and most players are happy
  • Most players in my guild missed this information. Even the players who read the road ahead failed to realize the implication. So this information could probably have been communicated in a more transparent way.
  • I think the fix is to:

1: Implement the gear change and relic scrap change
    2: Give players the "new" scrap value worth of materials in their inventory. (Autoscrap the effected gear without actually scrapping it).

This way no one loses any scrap-value and no one gets extra gear.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Just stop it.

What an absolutely terrible thing to say... Just because they are oblivious to this it doesn't matter they wouldn't care. This is THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS worth of relic materials potentially. It's a complete shame that CG just decided to do this without doing the bare minimum to give a fair warning to all players
  • The fix is simple
    1. CG implements the changes to gear drops/rewards
    2. CG Writes, IN GAME, that relic conversion rates will be lowered for this and this gear in 7 days (or whatever)
    3. Implement the relic changes after 7 days.
    4. CG and most players are happy

"most"
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

Just stop it.

Define "serious"

I imagine I have approximately the same definition of “serious” as you did in your post from which I quoted you.
  • When and How Gear economy chages will be is still blur. Non-English speakers have no idea what will happen.I expect at least warning in game before Gear economy changes.