On a Mod, can I have the same primary stat and secondary stat?

Guys,

The title says it all.
As in, a Mod has SPEED as the primary stat and has also SPEED as one of the secondary stat.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting

Replies

• No this is not possible. It used to be possible when mods where first introduced and there are still a few mods out there that will have this. But on new mods this is no longer possible.
  • No this is not possible. It used to be possible when mods where first introduced and there are still a few mods out there that will have this. But on new mods this is no longer possible.

Thanks for the info.

Next time, when i find an ARROW Mod with SPEED as the primary stat at the store, i will not hesitate to buy it.
    I let 1 such Mod go away (from the store) because it had only SPEED as it's primary stat. I thought it was a waste of credits to buy it, since it had not SPEED as it's secondary stat.

Thanks again.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • I rarely buy arrows with primary speed (unless it has perfect secondaries). Farming those would be much cheeper.
  • Antario wrote: »
    I rarely buy arrows with primary speed (unless it has perfect secondaries). Farming those would be much cheeper.

I have been able to farm, in all Mod challenges, for 1 week now.

So far...i only found ONE tier A (gold), 5• Mod.
    Most of them are grey and square or diamond x_x

But i have seen many good Mods (tier A, 5•) in store, the one with SPEED secondary stat.
    The problem is i dont have much credits...i have to let go most of them...

BTW....SPEED primary stat on SPEED SET is possible, right?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

Next time, when i find an ARROW Mod with SPEED as the primary stat at the store, i will not hesitate to buy it.
    I let 1 such Mod go away (from the store) because it had only SPEED as it's primary stat. I thought it was a waste of credits to buy it, since it had not SPEED as it's secondary stat.

Thanks again.

Personally I think all mods are a waste of credits from the mod store. They are very expensive.
    I rarely buy arrows with primary speed (unless it has perfect secondaries). Farming those would be much cheeper.

But i have seen many good Mods (tier A, 5•) in store, the one with SPEED secondary stat.

Thanks.

Yes, any set arrow can have a speed primary.
  • No
  • Personally I think all mods are a waste of credits from the mod store. They are very expensive.

I agree, at 3.91M a piece (5• gold with speed secondary stat), it is expensive.

But then again, if i have to spend a lot of time full of uncertainness at Mod farming in Mod challenges (5• Gold Mod are rare and if i get one, it doesnt have speed secondary stat etc etc), i think not anymore that 3.91M is expensive.

But everyone has their own opinion and i respect that :)

• No

Excuse me...you replied to what?
    To "Speed set can have speed primary stat"?

If yes...i am confused atm...one said "yes" and the other said "no"...
  • No

Excuse me...you replied to what?
    To "Speed set can have speed primary stat"?

If yes...i am confused atm...one said "yes" and the other said "no"...

Think they were replying to the subject line directly.
  • Personally I think all mods are a waste of credits from the mod store. They are very expensive.

I agree, at 3.91M a piece (5• gold with speed secondary stat), it is expensive.

But then again, if i have to spend a lot of time full of uncertainness at Mod farming in Mod challenges (5• Gold Mod are rare and if i get one, it doesnt have speed secondary stat etc etc), i think not anymore that 3.91M is expensive.

But everyone has their own opinion and i respect that :)

Credits become plentiful eventually. I keep a stockpile of 20M (normal and ship) and spend on good mods whenever I go over. I can buy one every other day, I'd say. Not that I see a good one every other day. Sometimes the credits pile up a bit more. No point in having a giant pile of credits and letting a good mod go by.
  • Credits become plentiful eventually. I keep a stockpile of 20M (normal and ship) and spend on good mods whenever I go over. I can buy one every other day, I'd say. Not that I see a good one every other day. Sometimes the credits pile up a bit more. No point in having a giant pile of credits and letting a good mod go by.

I mean if you hoard a lot of credits you can make a post on Reddit and farm internet points :D

Joking aside, I 100% agree with your approach. I do the same thing.

Rebel Force Jebat Msia (~460m GP, 34* RotE, 32/39 Reva shards, 80+% TW win) is recruiting! https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/259754/

Thanks.

We need to take into consideration that not all players are endgame. For endgame players, definitely buying mods in the store is the best way to close gaps in their already big mods inventory. But for early and midgamers, you can be happy if you got a mod with the right primary at all.

Btw. an 5* arrow with speed primary always gives you 30+ speed. You don't need to upgrade it at all. You will only get +2 speed more when you make it 6* mod. But that's all. That's why I'm saying it is much cheaper than buying.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I love when my GAC opponents think the mod store is a waste of credits.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

If you really think all mods in the mod store are a waste of credits I don't really know what to say other than that imo you're wrong.

I'll have to say that a lot of mods in the mod store are not worth buying though but there are definitely some that show up from time to time that are worth it. Especially if you have a broad enough mod collection and are trying to target certain stats on characters.

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    At some point, speed arrows become easy to come by, so it's not a huge loss to have passed one up. A maxed speed primary arrow will also have more speed on it than any secondary you'll ever get.
  • Thanks all for the advices.

I, my self, am also a new player. Not yet 1 month old.
    But i did buy hyperdrive bundle last week at 50%.
  • Funny how a post with a 2 word answer becomes a thread.
    Guys,

The title says it all.
    As in, a Mod has SPEED as the primary stat and has also SPEED as one of the secondary stat.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Not anymore.
  • Funny how a post with a 2 word answer becomes a thread.
    OP answered a question and asked more. And any thread that is helping a newer player doesn’t need a comment about thread quality in my opinion, even if it is a two word answer.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • nfidel2k wrote: »
    Funny how a post with a 2 word answer becomes a thread.
    OP answered a question and asked more. And any thread that is helping a newer player doesn’t need a comment about thread quality in my opinion, even if it is a two word answer.

Especially when the two-word answer is wrong.
    Those mods do still exist in the rosters of players who were here when mods were introduced. You won’t roll a new one anymore but it depends on the context of the question.