November 2022 RA and P2 Gear Changes

124Next

Replies

• Jakdnels wrote: »
    We get mk1 athakam medpac salvage and mk3 arakyd droid caller salvage from daily challenges and it converts (albeit at a low rate) to carbonite circuit boards. If the challenge gear isn't doubling but the value is halved to the jawa, then this isn't neutral. It's net negative.

Just did the maths and considering you gain about 100 mk3 droid caller and 60 mk1 medpack per week, you gain 10 ccb per week. After the update it will be 5, for a net loss of 5 ccb per week.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    We get mk1 athakam medpac salvage and mk3 arakyd droid caller salvage from daily challenges and it converts (albeit at a low rate) to carbonite circuit boards. If the challenge gear isn't doubling but the value is halved to the jawa, then this isn't neutral. It's net negative.

Bingo.

And see how those who defended this RA at first have stopped defending it...

Very telling..

Or maybe it's not worth pointing out the inaccuracies in so many posts...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Can we all just agree that Carbonite circuit boards already have have to terrible conversion rate, so them doing a net neutral change sucks. With the ever increasing push for higher relic levels, they need to elevate the bottle neck they create. My suggestions would be leave (or increase) the conversion rate for them, move some of the gear from the bronzium wires over to them, and either add them to a daily challenge or daily rewards
  • Also fleet daily challenges need a revamp, other than the zeta challenge, they're pretty worthless other than using the currency on the occasional mod. Kryotechs, G12, or relic salvage should be added to them
  • I wish they would add the Mk12 Armatek Tactical Data Prototype (atom looking thing) to the scrap choices. I have more of those gear 12 pieces than I will ever need.
  • Tsfletch
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    This gear change is just more smoke and mirrors, it lets noobs feel like they’re making progress without actually giving anything useful. It’s been many years since you could build effective squads below g12 and tbh any squad that isn’t at least half relics has little or no value. Sure, it’ll be nice to have twice as many carbantis but ultimately without kyrotechs you can’t do anything. I don’t understand what they’re trying to achieve here, this helps no one and it’s not hard to see that.
  • The post literally notes that relic 5 is the new minimum req for units to be usable and then proceeds to ignore relief regarding gear 12 plus and relics. Look I'm happy that gear 12 and down will be easier, we need that, but we need so much more too. Ease up on the gear 12 plus grind a bit too cg

Do we really need that though? They haven’t helped with the bottleneck, they’re just pushing people there faster. If anything this will make things worse by increasing frustrations.
  • so are people converting all of their gear that is going to be doubled to relic salvage now? I want to do it but feel like it will backfire on me somehow
  • TVF wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »

Bingo.

Very telling..

Or maybe it's not worth pointing out the inaccuracies in so many posts...

Either possibility is true..

And so?
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    so are people converting all of their gear that is going to be doubled to relic salvage now? I want to do it but feel like it will backfire on me somehow

h1rsjql30aj0.jpg
  • SotaDraken wrote: »

Bingo.

Very telling..

I still like the RA, as a whole.

I see the points being made about challenge gear. So my enthusiasm level went from an 8/10 to a 7/10.
  • SotaDraken wrote: »

Bingo.

Very telling..

I still like the RA, as a whole.

I see the points being made about challenge gear. So my enthusiasm level went from an 8/10 to a 7/10.

👍