New Ship for Luke Skywalker

Luke's X-wing would be a great addition to the game. Could do a dual squad of Commander Luke Skywalker and R2-D2. Would be a great attack ship with self healing abilities (R2's ability) and proton torpedoes that don't need target lock to hit and can avoid taunting. This ship needs to happen and it's a crime that one of the most recognized ships associated to a main character is not in this game. Please give Luke a ship

Replies

• Farm Boy Luke
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • cls
  • cls

FB Luke makes more sense and do you really think they would pass up the opportunity to get us to level him up? CLS is way too popular so most will already have him at a high relic level.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • yes true, but fb would need a rework. maybe they will add a pilot luke for the job?
  • 305,450 Gear 13 (relic'd) CLS accounts*
    8,102 Gear 13 (relic'd) Farm Boy Lukes accounts*

one has incredible monetization opportunities, the other does not. CG is not blind, CLS will not be required for Red 5.

Also, FBL is the only real option based on lore also. "Commander" Luke, was not flying around engaging enemies in an X-Wing, but "Farm Boy" Luke did for a long time before he was promoted within the Rebel Alliance.

* https://swgoh.gg/characters/data/relics/
  • yes true, but fb would need a rework. maybe they will add a pilot luke for the job?

he doesn't need a rework to be a ship pilot. it might be nice to do and make the community happy, but 100% not necessary to do
  • :insert Rey gif here:
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    :insert Rey gif here:

star-wars-finn-scream-rey.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • d8j24olq7ohz.jpeg

No, there are too many iterations of luke already. This game needs new characters, not the same one reskinned 5 times.
  • 69thdoge wrote: »
    yes true, but fb would need a rework. maybe they will add a pilot luke for the job?

No, there are too many iterations of luke already. This game needs new characters, not the same one reskinned 5 times.

nah we can still use 1 more, so far 5 copies is the max
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    cls

FB Luke makes more sense and do you really think they would pass up the opportunity to get us to level him up? CLS is way too popular so most will already have him at a high relic level.

Yeah, we already need CLS leveled up for many other requirements. How many even have Farmboy relic'd? (swgoh.gg is tracking a little over 8,000 total relic'd) If anything, they'll make farmboy the pilot and maybe give him a little touch-up. (Though he already has two zetas, so what could it be?)
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    69thdoge wrote: »
    yes true, but fb would need a rework. maybe they will add a pilot luke for the job?

This mindset is the reason it took seven years to introduce jabba the hut. Right now, there are 4 lukes, 5 chewbaccas, 4 han solos, 3 palpatines, 3 obi wans, 4 anakin/vaders, 3 ahsokas, 4 kylo rens, 3 landos, 3 leias and some others i forgot. While a new version of luke would be cool, it would delay the introduction of a character that isnt in the game. Now, i do think there could be an exception for luke because hes the protagonist of the original trilogy, but there already seems to be a clear path if you are a luke fan (FB, CLS, JKL, JML). And none of them have a ship.
    flux_rono wrote: »

This mindset is the reason it took seven years to introduce jabba the hut.

Not true, they always said he was too big. Plus CG created a new Geonosian and droid. So the method of their madness for releasing new characters is all over the place.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Not for pilot, but how about a hoth cls?

edit: just as a character in general.

This mindset is the reason it took seven years to introduce jabba the hut. Right now, there are 4 lukes, 5 chewbaccas, 4 han solos, 3 palpatines, 3 obi wans, 4 anakin/vaders, 3 ahsokas, 4 kylo rens, 3 landos, 3 leias and some others i forgot. While a new version of luke would be cool, it would delay the introduction of a character that isnt in the game. Now, i do think there could be an exception for luke because hes the protagonist of the original trilogy, but there already seems to be a clear path if you are a luke fan (FB, CLS, JKL, JML). And none of them have a ship.

there are 5 han's: raid, vet, young, storm, both.

but onto the point, honestly, I agree we don't need another luke and would prefer some more unique characters.
    but CG can decide to make whoever they want. and if a new Luke will get them more money than using farmboy then they will do it
  • I understand that we don’t NEED any new versions, but CG moneymakers and more fun for me are always welcome.
  • Not sure if it will be cls or fbl.But definitely R2 I'd say. I think it should be a dual pilot ship.
  • I'd like to see two Luke ships. Farmboy flying as Red 5 and a pilot Luke flying a T-47 from the battle of Hoth. But then I'm just greedy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure (contrary to popular belief) size matters. It was quite a stretch (of development resources) to allow for oversized units.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • xpgammer
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    We already have 4 lukes (CLS, Farmboy, JMLS, and JKLS) so with a pilot luke you could build a whole team of just luke

you can already do it with chewie and han

and in 3v3 you can do teams of just rey kylo and leia
    Sometimes a door is just a door