Thank you for the free stuff, but sucks when it's overshadowed by trash rewards in other areas.…

A generous act of kindness for the game anniversary, made me feel good until I saw my Sith raid rewards once more.... I try every time to place in the top 3, sometimes I'm raiding for like an hour, GAS, JKR, RJT, DR, GG, Padme, NS/Ani etc.

I'm not going to lie, I raid mostly because I enjoy it and like to push my PR with those squads but I also do it cause I want the best rewards possible every time and unfortunately it seems like top rewards are just trash. Occasionally I end up with a full g12 piece but so frequently it's just get nothing good, not even salvage, just a few pathetic pieces, like 3 gold pieces are gonna make me feel excited that I spent an hour raiding...

Can we at least guarantee a full left side piece for everyone in the top 20 and at least a very high chance for a full right side piece for the top 3? The raid is every 3-4 days, we have hundreds of characters in the game, getting a full piece every 3-4 days is not going to break the game...

Same with the other raids, rancor and haat are basically worthless, you decided to help players get old gear easier with the new gear update, don't you think it's time rancor and haat get a nice little boost where we can get some better rewards instead of maybe hopefully 1 in 10 raids or so?

I know I sound greedy but let's be honest, the amount of gear needed to get most units to gear 13 is simply astronomical and without obscene amounts of money it will take decades, new players will not even make a dent even if you guaranteed full raid pieces from rancor and haat, coupled with the fact that the real bottleneck is kyrotech and that's remaining unchanged, I think it would be in line with the whole gear update.

Replies

• I feel like you started saying thank you and then it fell apart in the title - then again in your first sentence.

HSTR rewards are some of the best in the game. There are plenty of resources that can teach you how to boost your score. Aim for top 10 or better - top 5.

After 7 years they're only just now boosting the gear that's always been in the game. I would expect a 2-3 year lag before they even start talking about boosting G12/kyro. There has to be a bottleneck somewhere - progression can't be easy (read: fast) AND free or the business model kind of falls apart. Love it or leave it, this is how the game stays afloat. I'm glad they're moving the bottleneck away from the day 1 gear. That's progress and I'm happy to see it.

I really enjoyed my free stuff. I got to drop a zeta on someone, I got 15 shards closer to Jabba, I got 2 carbs, 2 guns, 2 eyeballs that I don't have to farm or buy now, I got to take a mod to 5a. All without actually having to do anything for it. Loved it. I didn't once look at all the free stuff and think to myself, "this would be so much better if they'd make raid rewards better."

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • I know I sound greedy but let's be honest, the amount of gear needed to get most units to gear 13 is simply astronomical and without obscene amounts of money it will take decades, new players will not even make a dent even if you guaranteed full raid pieces from rancor and haat

I don’t have a definite opinion on your demand (i won’t say no to more stuff, even if i will say no to a lot more stuff), but about this part:
    it took me a little less 6 years to get 136 characters to relics. You can get a decent amount of characters to competitive level for Gac in a few years of play, you don’t need decades. I don’t think you’re ever supposed to G13 every character in the game. If so, the choices will be less important and the game less fun imo. I like to have difficult choices to make regarding which character to gear.

• The HSTR has some of the best rewards in the game, certainly best of the raids (other than Cpit Aeros). I even think regular Hpit has pretty good rewards (at least better than HAAT). Not to sound insulting, but you probably just need to get better so that you can place in the top 3 or 5. Even if you don't have a GL, there are multiple teams that excel in HSTR. I sometimes still run JTR/R2/BB8/3p0 and Finn in P1 because my guild doesn't allow us to use GLs in the raid. That's a great team for P1. GAS is great in p2 and p3. Maybe coordinate with your guild to rotate who places in the top each raid. But its kind of like comparing apples and oranges to compare the free stuff we were given for doing nothing vs rewards from a raid. I was pumped to see what we got for free today. Loved the Jabba req toon shards and the full carbs and guns. Maybe its just people's entitlement nowadays, but I didn't open the reward and "think this is some good free stuff, but then I remembered they haven't released Red 5 yet, and now the free stuff sucks..." I honestly don't understand how the two things are related
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I know I sound greedy but let's be honest, the amount of gear needed to get most units to gear 13 is simply astronomical and without obscene amounts of money it will take decades, new players will not even make a dent even if you guaranteed full raid pieces from rancor and haat

I don’t have a definite opinion on your demand (i won’t say no to more stuff, even if i will say no to a lot more stuff), but about this part:
    it took me a little less 6 years to get 136 characters to relics. You can get a decent amount of characters to competitive level for Gac in a few years of play, you don’t need decades. I don’t think you’re ever supposed to G13 every character in the game. If so, the choices will be less important and the game less fun imo. I like to have difficult choices to make regarding which character to gear.
    Well, if g13ing every character in the game were the expectation, many FTP vets could've done that by now.
  • A generous act of kindness for the game anniversary, made me feel good until I saw my Sith raid rewards once more.... I try every time to place in the top 3, sometimes I'm raiding for like an hour, GAS, JKR, RJT, DR, GG, Padme, NS/Ani etc.

I'm not going to lie, I raid mostly because I enjoy it and like to push my PR with those squads but I also do it cause I want the best rewards possible every time and unfortunately it seems like top rewards are just trash. Occasionally I end up with a full g12 piece but so frequently it's just get nothing good, not even salvage, just a few pathetic pieces, like 3 gold pieces are gonna make me feel excited that I spent an hour raiding...

Can we at least guarantee a full left side piece for everyone in the top 20 and at least a very high chance for a full right side piece for the top 3? The raid is every 3-4 days, we have hundreds of characters in the game, getting a full piece every 3-4 days is not going to break the game...

Same with the other raids, rancor and haat are basically worthless, you decided to help players get old gear easier with the new gear update, don't you think it's time rancor and haat get a nice little boost where we can get some better rewards instead of maybe hopefully 1 in 10 raids or so?

I know I sound greedy but let's be honest, the amount of gear needed to get most units to gear 13 is simply astronomical and without obscene amounts of money it will take decades, new players will not even make a dent even if you guaranteed full raid pieces from rancor and haat, coupled with the fact that the real bottleneck is kyrotech and that's remaining unchanged, I think it would be in line with the whole gear update.

I just took Kyle Katarina from g11 to R3 in 4 days with no stored mats or crystaly, while gratefully using the Anniversary gift to g11 to g12 bando. I think you are exaggerating a rabbit terd into explosive diarrhea.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    By the time they're ready to guarantee a full right side piece to top three the game will have died 24,000 more times.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Oh, and I agree with OP, thank you for the free stuff CG.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    The HSTR has some of the best rewards in the game, certainly best of the raids (other than Cpit Aeros). I even think regular Hpit has pretty good rewards (at least better than HAAT). Not to sound insulting, but you probably just need to get better so that you can place in the top 3 or 5. Even if you don't have a GL, there are multiple teams that excel in HSTR. I sometimes still run JTR/R2/BB8/3p0 and Finn in P1 because my guild doesn't allow us to use GLs in the raid. That's a great team for P1. GAS is great in p2 and p3. Maybe coordinate with your guild to rotate who places in the top each raid. But its kind of like comparing apples and oranges to compare the free stuff we were given for doing nothing vs rewards from a raid. I was pumped to see what we got for free today. Loved the Jabba req toon shards and the full carbs and guns. Maybe its just people's entitlement nowadays, but I didn't open the reward and "think this is some good free stuff, but then I remembered they haven't released Red 5 yet, and now the free stuff sucks..." I honestly don't understand how the two things are related

Bro my guild is a bit casual and I literally place top 3 every single time, I have to put in the work for it of course but I do. Even when I score top 3 I still rarely get full pieces. I should have clarified this better but yeah, top 3 rewards suck
  • TVF wrote: »
    By the time they're ready to guarantee a full right side piece to top three the game will have died 24,000 more times.

Do you think that if 3 people out of each guild every 3-4 days could get a full piece on one character it would be so game breaking for progression? For a smaller guild it's a good incentive for people to grow their roster so they can place higher, this potentially investing some money to get a better return. For a late game guild people who can do major damage will not be guaranteed to place top 3 anyways. My point is, either way it's not going to harm the game in any way.

Also, I've gotten pieces like that from placing a lot lower, what irks me is that I frequently get more full pieces from scoring top 10 than top 3 and it feels like all my extra effort was for nothing... Like I can do one battle and be in the top 10 or do 6-10 and be 1-3 and end up with worse rewards for some reason
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Do you think that if 3 people out of each guild every 3-4 days could get a full piece on one character it would be so game breaking for progression?

Yes.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    The HSTR has some of the best rewards in the game, certainly best of the raids (other than Cpit Aeros). I even think regular Hpit has pretty good rewards (at least better than HAAT). Not to sound insulting, but you probably just need to get better so that you can place in the top 3 or 5. Even if you don't have a GL, there are multiple teams that excel in HSTR. I sometimes still run JTR/R2/BB8/3p0 and Finn in P1 because my guild doesn't allow us to use GLs in the raid. That's a great team for P1. GAS is great in p2 and p3. Maybe coordinate with your guild to rotate who places in the top each raid. But its kind of like comparing apples and oranges to compare the free stuff we were given for doing nothing vs rewards from a raid. I was pumped to see what we got for free today. Loved the Jabba req toon shards and the full carbs and guns. Maybe its just people's entitlement nowadays, but I didn't open the reward and "think this is some good free stuff, but then I remembered they haven't released Red 5 yet, and now the free stuff sucks..." I honestly don't understand how the two things are related

Bro my guild is a bit casual and I literally place top 3 every single time, I have to put in the work for it of course but I do. Even when I score top 3 I still rarely get full pieces. I should have clarified this better but yeah, top 3 rewards suck

They really don't.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Hsith raid will probably be simmable at some point and everyone will get the same rewards, so i doubt they’ll take time to study the possibility of changing top 3 rewards in the meantime.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I wouldn't be so sure on sim.
  • Yeah, CG, this is another voice who disagrees with the OP.

Thank you for the freebies. Full stop.
  • Yeah, CG, this is another voice who disagrees with the OP.

Thank you for the freebies. Full stop.

And another; thank you!
  • Sith raid rewards are trash at the top. Let us sim it already!