Are we still pretending?

Replies

• Screerider wrote: »
    It's not exactly either or. You can always upgrade your useless toons up to the point they start asking for gear you want to put on useful toons instead. The extra GP will help with TW and TB, and heck, might even help break a tie in GAC.

If a character is useless, any investment in them is wasted.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I assume my guild appreciates me gearing useful toons upon unlock over wasting it on useless toons.

It's not exactly either or. You can always upgrade your useless toons up to the point they start asking for gear you want to put on useful toons instead. The extra GP will help with TW and TB, and heck, might even help break a tie in GAC.

Or I could save that gear for the scavenger
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Okay right now I am 3.5 mill GP, I am facing a person with 4 GL, at 6.5 mill GP. It does not matter how “skilled” I am I will NEVER beat that gear. Yea it’s that easy, if I wanted to lower my rank all I have to do is go in get my participation points and lose on purpose. Now my only chance of winning this match is if they don’t attack at all. Which all things considered take all the fun out of GA. Going against people with similar GP have to actually plan and map out my strategy. It’s literally no fun anymore. I’ve got to a point to where I accept the L with these. Get my participation points. Hope I can get one win so I can at least get the zeta. It’s dumb. They refuse to acknowledge it and I’m tired of my rewards not being what they should or could be because they’re to lazy to fix what they broke.

There is no insentive for a person at higher gp to intentionally drop.

They get less rewards for wins at lower league level.

There is a sweet spot. Either you have gotten too many wins and are now punching up into a category you cant hang in.... the guy you are playing doesnt play well / is intetionally losing and getting less rewards, or both

But its not matchmaking, we arent pretending it is. Its win vs loss driven. That is all
  • I guess OP must’ve won this match, since he’s conspicuously absent from any replies about GP sandbagging.
  • Ghost666 wrote: »
    Bracket for today i have an opp that is 3M GP...but has 2GLs (at R9) and 35 Relics. (I have 0 and 32 at 5M GP)
    I am outclassed by a player that did his best to get an optimal roster...i am probably going to lose and i am ok with it...i will try anyway.
    Funny thing...match above i ended up beating TWO players with 2GLs...and i have none...one played badly, other didnt play all his attacks. MY FINAL opp was another guy with ZERO GLs...and we had more opponents with GLs in the bracket...
    If anything...this bracket proves that GLs and GP arent all that matters...you have to play and you have to play well...skill/strategy/knowledge/luck matters.
    SO...yes...i am "pretending" this matchmaking is MUCH better...and BTW...i would win MORE before...not sure if rewards were better...i am pretty sure i am playing much better now (i had to adapt) and having more fun!

• Ghost666 wrote: »
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Bracket for today i have an opp that is 3M GP...but has 2GLs (at R9) and 35 Relics. (I have 0 and 32 at 5M GP)
    I am outclassed by a player that did his best to get an optimal roster...i am probably going to lose and i am ok with it...i will try anyway.
    Funny thing...match above i ended up beating TWO players with 2GLs...and i have none...one played badly, other didnt play all his attacks. MY FINAL opp was another guy with ZERO GLs...and we had more opponents with GLs in the bracket...
    If anything...this bracket proves that GLs and GP arent all that matters...you have to play and you have to play well...skill/strategy/knowledge/luck matters.
    SO...yes...i am "pretending" this matchmaking is MUCH better...and BTW...i would win MORE before...not sure if rewards were better...i am pretty sure i am playing much better now (i had to adapt) and having more fun!

You also have to care enough to play. Lol
  • There is always a winner in gac. sux if ur not it. that just means that u have to get there. and if someone moved to carbonite 5 bc they stop winning, then y would they move down there to win and move back up?
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I I’d like to see yearly based system. Where every year we all starting with GAC Score(skillrating) based on GP. Then all year we are playing just with current rules and at the end there will be realy huge ligue reward and GAC Score refresh.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    wharp wrote: »
    Whale or big account who don't care about GAC, they will fall and make a wall, if you maintain your win/lose ratio, you will move through eventually. Think about what it is right behind this wall, people won against them, if you could not win against your opponent, could you win against people behind ?

The current matchmaking is fine as it is. Matchmaking as it were, GP only, was simpler but dumb, GP is a number to indicate how much you have upgraded a character. IMO, GP should be hided because people tends to look at GP only, which is stupid, you just had to look at the first message....
    Yes, there is too many post complaining about GP gap !

Why GP matchmaking is stupid? For example:
    • All mods have the same GP rating, a 6* +32 speed arrow will give you as much as a 6* +32 accuracy arrow
    • If GP is the only factor, does it mean that HY+WAT only can beat a solo CUP (same mods/gear/relic/level) ?
    • Datacron, no GP
    • You will be pooled with a bunch of random people having the same GP, there will be no ladder anymore and this game mode will be annoying again

[bold]PvP is about competitiveness not RNG.[/bold]
    Yet datacrons have more of a decision on a lot of PvP outcomes and everything about their acquisition is RNG based, yes mods and all other resource acquisition is RNG based, however Datacrons is time limited and then the window closes.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yet datacrons have more of a decision on a lot of PvP outcomes (...)
    Actually...not "a lot" if you consider all the playing field. Datacrons have minimal impact in my GACs...and i am talking 5M and 1/2GLs opponents. Datacrons are probably an issue at HIGH level games...not in A LOT of games...
    Where i play, a few datacrons pop up and mostly help a team that would probably win anyway...

• Not sure if something changed...but my actual bracket has EVERY PLAYER with 0 GLs. GPs varies a bit, but it had never happened. (Previous bracket on same div had 5 or 6 players with GLs)
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Not sure if something changed...but my actual bracket has EVERY PLAYER with 0 GLs. GPs varies a bit, but it had never happened. (Previous bracket on same div had 5 or 6 players with GLs)

What division and League are you in?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nothing changed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Not sure if something changed...but my actual bracket has EVERY PLAYER with 0 GLs. GPs varies a bit, but it had never happened. (Previous bracket on same div had 5 or 6 players with GLs)

What division and League are you in?
    Chromium 3

If nothing changed, it is a very odd coincidence...first time since the new system started...

• GegeGerard24
    418 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I am a new player and today is my 1st GAC.

I am paired with a player who has 1M+ galactic power, whereas i am only 800k+ and the only one decent team i have is jedi team. So, dont let the 800k+ galactic power fool you, my other characters are not developed.

In the morning, at the very 1st i opened the game, the opponent had scored 399 and my upper territories were already greyed.

No matter what I did...i couldnt score higher than 10. Every team i have is easily annihilated, sometimes without even land a blow...the opponent hit me nonstop from the start until all are dead x_x

0r8si5fbtbgv.jpg

hzmuht6csgks.jpg

The opponent's roster...
    eem9ty54ingy.jpg

Mine...
    y8ib5ijboteq.jpg

Is this fair?

Post edited by GegeGerard24 on
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Try to earn as many credits as possible. Then u can promote phasma and throw some gear on other people. that is about as fair as it gets sorry to say.
  • I am a new player and today is my 1st GAC.

I am paired with a player who has 1M+ galactic power, whereas i am only 800k+ and the only one decent team i have is jedi team. So, dont let the 800k+ galactic power fool you, my other characters are not developed.

In the morning, at the very 1st i openend the game, the opponent had scored 399 and my upper territories were already greyed.

No matter what I did...i couldnt score higher than 10. Every team i have is easily annihilated, sometimes without even land a blow...the opponent hit me nonstop from the start until all are dead x_x

0r8si5fbtbgv.jpg

hzmuht6csgks.jpg

The opponent's roster...
    eem9ty54ingy.jpg

Mine...
    y8ib5ijboteq.jpg

Is this fair?

Yes.
    Welcome to the big leagues, rookie ;)

Good news is: you’ll still get more crystals than when you weren’t competing in gac, even if you lose every match for a while (which you won’t, most likely).
  • I wish my opponent only had 200k more than me lol.
  • I am a new player and today is my 1st GAC.

In the morning, at the very 1st i opened the game, the opponent had scored 399 and my upper territories were already greyed.

0r8si5fbtbgv.jpg

hzmuht6csgks.jpg

The opponent's roster...
    eem9ty54ingy.jpg

Mine...
    y8ib5ijboteq.jpg

Is this fair?

Let me guess… you put all of your best squads on defense. Then when you had to attack you had nothing.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Yes.
    Welcome to the big leagues, rookie ;)

Good news is: you’ll still get more crystals than when you weren’t competing in gac, even if you lose every match for a while (which you won’t, most likely).

Yes...luckily there is still the good news :)
    Let me guess… you put all of your best squads on defense. Then when you had to attack you had nothing.

Are you psychic? Lol.

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Interested to know how you think it's not fair, how you would make it fair, or what should happen. I can't think of any viable option to help you out.

To be brutally honest, you're going to be a lot of trouble (if you are concerned with GAC). You need to be a lot more path orientated than you have been.

You have zero gear 12s, too many random characters and some of your most promoted characters are.......poor.

I think you need to do some homework on the best direction to take, or your GAC experiences will not get better. If you're just having fun and enjoying what you're doing that's fine, but this will be your GAC future.
  • My current opponent has 3 million more GP, all the GLs including Jabba and Profundity.

I can't win but I accept the 50 / 50 win or lose ratio and move on.
  • Interested to know how you think it's not fair, how you would make it fair, or what should happen. I can't think of any viable option to help you out.

To be brutally honest, you're going to be a lot of trouble (if you are concerned with GAC). You need to be a lot more path orientated than you have been.

You have zero gear 12s, too many random characters and some of your most promoted characters are.......poor.

I think you need to do some homework on the best direction to take, or your GAC experiences will not get better. If you're just having fun and enjoying what you're doing that's fine, but this will be your GAC future.

He did say that it was his first GAC. You can’t get a g12 until you are level 85 for a while, so he has an excuse there.
  • GegeGerard24
    418 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    He did say that it was his first GAC. You can’t get a g12 until you are level 85 for a while, so he has an excuse there.

Yes, i am a new player. This Nov 30th will be my first month.
    I am F2P player. Not entirely true, because i bought hyperdrive bundle at 50%, but that's all.

And i think that is where my "misfortune" came from...

By having bought the bundle, i got so many mediocore chars that collectively boost my galactic pwr.
    I have 800k gal pwr but only a few of my chars are worth playing.

Since the game match making is based on this pwr...the game think that i am "strong" enough to take 1M gal pwr opponent (this is still unfair)...
    But the matter gets worse because my 800k gal pwr is false (i have maaaany mediocore chars = 800k gal pwr instead of having a few chars = 800k gal pwr. The later means that my chars are really strong, worthy of that 800k gal pwr)...

The prove...i lost to this guy too yesterday. I scored 455, defeated his 2 territories. He scored almost 850, defeated all my territories. Because of what? Because his 600k gal pwr is real, whereas my 800k is fake. Look at his roster and you get what i mean.

ais2o7ehomq0.jpg
    qxtyz4ygad79.jpg
    y2ubumks9a9i.jpg

======

MORAL OF THE STORY = dont buy hyperdrive bundle :p

• I see! And I guess you have a point.

However, you have a clear idea of the problems and how to fix them. So, it's only temporary and it the hyperdrive bundle has got you into GAC right away. I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you have clear objectives and reasons for farming and you'll have an advantage over most newer players.
  • The guy with the most GP in my bracket lost his first two rounds. Folks really need to stop being so influenced by GP disparities.
  • I see! And I guess you have a point.

However, you have a clear idea of the problems and how to fix them. So, it's only temporary and it the hyperdrive bundle has got you into GAC right away. I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you have clear objectives and reasons for farming and you'll have an advantage over most newer players.

Thanks.

I watched some youtubes on how to play, plan and build my team.

I am now building my Phoenix team.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    The guy with the most GP in my bracket lost his first two rounds. Folks really need to stop being so influenced by GP disparities.

And do you know how they lost? Did they give/try their best?

Maybe they didn't really participate, maybe they didn't have time or did just the bare minimum because they don't like 3v3... or other reasons.

Also it depends very much on the leagues aswell.

A player with +2 M GP more in Kyber is different than one in Chromium for example.

I have no problem with people liking/defending the system but I have a problem that those people try to wave/argument away other people's experiences or worries.

If it is ok for you, all the better but please stop drowning other's voices whom feel differently.
    We are all made of star-stuff