Are we still pretending?

Replies

• He did say that it was his first GAC. You can’t get a g12 until you are level 85 for a while, so he has an excuse there.

Yes, i am a new player. This Nov 30th will be my first month.
    I am F2P player. Not entirely true, because i bought hyperdrive bundle at 50%, but that's all.

And i think that is where my "misfortune" came from...

By having bought the bundle, i got so many mediocore chars that collectively boost my galactic pwr.
    I have 800k gal pwr but only a few of my chars are worth playing.

Since the game match making is based on this pwr...the game think that i am "strong" enough to take 1M gal pwr opponent (this is still unfair)...

But the match making isn't based on GP - it used to be, and your initial seed in GAC may still be - but after you initially get placed the only 'matchmaking' that happens is based on your skill rating which is a number that changes based on wins and losses. You'll be matched against people with a similar or equal skill rating - GP will not be a consideration here. You may wish it was after you've played more GAC matches - there are those here on the forums that are trying hard to make a case for it, but it caused problems because of the very thing that you pointed out - not all 800k GP rosters are equal.

At the risk of being called a 'shill', the Hyperdrive bundle is largely considered the best value for the dollar that you can spend in this game. That was a smart purchase. My advice - use your purchased resources wisely and follow a farming guide. If you're smart about what you farm and when, you'll find yourself in a good spot to rise in GAC until you eventually plateau at roughly a 50/50 win/loss ratio.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • I see! And I guess you have a point.

However, you have a clear idea of the problems and how to fix them. So, it's only temporary and it the hyperdrive bundle has got you into GAC right away. I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you have clear objectives and reasons for farming and you'll have an advantage over most newer players.

Thanks.

I watched some youtubes on how to play, plan and build my team.

I am now building my Phoenix team.

If you build phoenix, also build an empire as your dark so that you can get thrawn in an effective team.
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    The guy with the most GP in my bracket lost his first two rounds. Folks really need to stop being so influenced by GP disparities.

And do you know how they lost? Did they give/try their best?

Maybe they didn't really participate, maybe they didn't have time or did just the bare minimum because they don't like 3v3... or other reasons.

Also it depends very much on the leagues aswell.

A player with +2 M GP more in Kyber is different than one in Chromium for example.

I have no problem with people liking/defending the system but I have a problem that those people try to wave/argument away other people's experiences or worries.

If it is ok for you, all the better but please stop drowning other's voices whom feel differently.
    I agree with you. Participation matters more than GP does.

• Screerider wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    The guy with the most GP in my bracket lost his first two rounds. Folks really need to stop being so influenced by GP disparities.

And do you know how they lost? Did they give/try their best?

Maybe they didn't really participate, maybe they didn't have time or did just the bare minimum because they don't like 3v3... or other reasons.

Also it depends very much on the leagues aswell.

A player with +2 M GP more in Kyber is different than one in Chromium for example.

I have no problem with people liking/defending the system but I have a problem that those people try to wave/argument away other people's experiences or worries.

If it is ok for you, all the better but please stop drowning other's voices whom feel differently.
    I agree with you. Participation matters more than GP does.

You made a comment just to prove a point, I asked you if you can prove/back up why they lost, no answer?

Instead trying to twist what I wrote? This is not how it works.

Please read again the comment I wrote until you understand that you do not have to wave other people's feelings or worries away just because they don't meet yours.

If you are happy and do not face the same issues, then this does not concern you.

Thank you for your participation. We wish you a pleasant day.

0t7jsp5gz8ia.gif
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Gp is just a number… its all about skill, i just beat a 9,4 mill account with my 6.4… wasnt even close 878-0… easy peasy…
  • You pointed out things other than GP that are more impartant factors than GP: participation, not liking 3v3, and what league you're in. Good points.
  • Just get rid of the Power Numbers a toon has and there wont be any issues about discussing GP numbers.
    Get a new System for TB to fill those sectors like having more toons for each sector. Like a total number is needed for a sector.

120 for P1, 160 für P2 and so on and on...

So nobody would talk about GP anymore and everything could be based on your GAC Skills ind combination of your Arena skills.
    Make New stats for TW and TB and you could get a nice statistic game for any Football oder Soccer Manager enthusiast!
  • 675nb1i61gx4.jpg

At least i am still at rank #6 on my 1st GAC :)
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Larx wrote: »
    Just get rid of the Power Numbers a toon has and there wont be any issues about discussing GP numbers.
    Yeah, GP on a per character basis doesn't even make any sense, so how could it roster-wide? It's nothin' but a number.

Larx wrote: »
    Just get rid of the Power Numbers a toon has and there wont be any issues about discussing GP numbers.
    Yeah, GP on a per character basis doesn't even make any sense, so how could it roster-wide? It's nothin' but a number.
    GP does in fact have meaning. It is a measure of resource investment and thus it can be used an imperfect proxy for combat power which cannot be quantified in a system this complex.

A 3000 GP Wampa cannot hope to beat a 30,000 GP Wampa.

And a 1m GP roster's only hope of beating a 10m GP roster is if the 10m GP player does nothing.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    GP does in fact have meaning. It is a measure of resource investment and thus it can be used an imperfect proxy for combat power which cannot be quantified in a system this complex.

A 3000 GP Wampa cannot hope to beat a 30,000 GP Wampa.

And a 1m GP roster's only hope of beating a 10m GP roster is if the 10m GP player does nothing.

And this is exactly why GP is a meaningless number. It has nothing to do with the power of a toon. Gear and Mods + Abilities are defining the power of a toon.

How many discussion did we have here about whining where the shiny toon couldnt beat a more less GP toon?

A wampa cab solo a whole Team. Even He has only 30k GP???

U See? GP means nothing. It is just a indicator for filling sections in TB
  • to answer your Question yes. they are still pretending the unfair game is fair.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Are we still pretending GAC matchmaking is fair? Or have they finally admitted that it’s broken?
    less pretending and more educating on how things work will save everyone a lot of time
  • Okay right now I am 3.5 mill GP, I am facing a person with 4 GL, at 6.5 mill GP. It does not matter how “skilled” I am I will NEVER beat that gear. Yea it’s that easy, if I wanted to lower my rank all I have to do is go in get my participation points and lose on purpose. Now my only chance of winning this match is if they don’t attack at all. Which all things considered take all the fun out of GA. Going against people with similar GP have to actually plan and map out my strategy. It’s literally no fun anymore. I’ve got to a point to where I accept the L with these. Get my participation points. Hope I can get one win so I can at least get the zeta. It’s dumb. They refuse to acknowledge it and I’m tired of my rewards not being what they should or could be because they’re to lazy to fix what they broke.

I win a lot at 5.5 against 7+ million accounts because I work on ships and they don’t. Ships are the equalizer. Get better at ships and you will be able to win more often. Get Executor or Profundity.
  • I beat people with higher GP and lose to people with lower GP. GP really isn't a factor.
    I beat people with higher GP and lose to people with lower GP. GP really isn't a factor.

What is your gp?
  • Okay right now I am 3.5 mill GP, I am facing a person with 4 GL, at 6.5 mill GP. It does not matter how “skilled” I am I will NEVER beat that gear. Yea it’s that easy, if I wanted to lower my rank all I have to do is go in get my participation points and lose on purpose. Now my only chance of winning this match is if they don’t attack at all. Which all things considered take all the fun out of GA. Going against people with similar GP have to actually plan and map out my strategy. It’s literally no fun anymore. I’ve got to a point to where I accept the L with these. Get my participation points. Hope I can get one win so I can at least get the zeta. It’s dumb. They refuse to acknowledge it and I’m tired of my rewards not being what they should or could be because they’re to lazy to fix what they broke.

I win a lot at 5.5 against 7+ million accounts because I work on ships and they don’t. Ships are the equalizer. Get better at ships and you will be able to win more often. Get Executor or Profundity.

That only works to a certain degree. If the opponent has more GLs people might not be able to even get to their fleets or it doesn't matter if the opponent can't clear your fleets if you could clear less zones.

But in general I believe it is never wrong to take care of your fleets and work on them 🙂
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Okay right now I am 3.5 mill GP, I am facing a person with 4 GL, at 6.5 mill GP. It does not matter how “skilled” I am I will NEVER beat that gear. Yea it’s that easy, if I wanted to lower my rank all I have to do is go in get my participation points and lose on purpose. Now my only chance of winning this match is if they don’t attack at all. Which all things considered take all the fun out of GA. Going against people with similar GP have to actually plan and map out my strategy. It’s literally no fun anymore. I’ve got to a point to where I accept the L with these. Get my participation points. Hope I can get one win so I can at least get the zeta. It’s dumb. They refuse to acknowledge it and I’m tired of my rewards not being what they should or could be because they’re to lazy to fix what they broke.

people might not be able to even get to their fleets

This is unfortunately true. A single good team could send that strategy straight into a brick wall.
    I beat people with higher GP and lose to people with lower GP. GP really isn't a factor.

What is your gp?

8.5m
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited November 2022

What is your gp?

8.5m
    That is a pretty high gp. I’m not sure what league you are in (i will just assume kyber). Ok so if you have 8.5 million then you probably have many relic teams. So do your opponents. (I am also not sure ->) I would think that most of your opponents would be able to fill their defenses fully with relics and also have relics to attack.
  • When someone with, say, 3m gp fights someone with 1.5m gp the 3m has much better teams but when 8.5 goes against 7 then it is more fair, even though the gp difference is the same.

What is your gp?

8.5m

What is your gp?

8.5m
    That is a pretty high gp. I’m not sure what league you are in (i will just assume kyber). Ok so if you have 8.5 million then you probably have many relic teams. So do your opponents. (I am also not sure ->) I would think that most of your opponents would be able to fill their defenses fully with relics and also have relics to attack.
    This is true. Not sure where you're going with this.
  • My 2nd GAC :)
    I consider my self to be lucky this time...

Hope everything goes well :))

6k5fzncq8gfx.jpg

Mine
    ns5r85n9fugj.jpg

Opponent's
    p9w09qmlwnf5.jpg

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Yay...newbie (that is me, 1M GP) VS 5M GP
    918vdolk6bea.jpg
  • Yay...newbie (that is me, 1M GP) VS 5M GP
    918vdolk6bea.jpg

Don’t attack his geos. they will eat any squad you throw at them i’m going to assume.
  • Don’t attack his geos. they will eat any squad you throw at them i’m going to assume.

Thanks for the advice _/|\_
    I think i am going to just try to earn the 10 banners, needed for the "losing side" rewards.
    I will consider myself to be lucky when i have done so...

• I feel most people don't understand how the matchmaking actually works. It's meant to alway put you at an average 50/50 win/loss rate. Ofc it seems impossible at lower levels but you have to keep in mind that they're usually there for a reason. I won my last GAC and then in this GAC went up against someone with 3.5 mil, and then 1.7 mil, both over double my gp. However, this is to be expected as the system is trying to pull down my w/l ratio. But even then, I've won both rounds, first because my opponent didn't attack and then because I was more efficient than my opponent. I suspect it's going to keep putting me against higher tier players due to my around 80% win rate right now. This is how it's supposed to be, and while it seems bad, if you check your own w/l rate it will most likely be around 50/50.
  • laxkings40 wrote: »
    I feel most people don't understand how the matchmaking actually works. It's meant to alway put you at an average 50/50 win/loss rate. Ofc it seems impossible at lower levels but you have to keep in mind that they're usually there for a reason. I won my last GAC and then in this GAC went up against someone with 3.5 mil, and then 1.7 mil, both over double my gp. However, this is to be expected as the system is trying to pull down my w/l ratio. But even then, I've won both rounds, first because my opponent didn't attack and then because I was more efficient than my opponent. I suspect it's going to keep putting me against higher tier players due to my around 80% win rate right now. This is how it's supposed to be, and while it seems bad, if you check your own w/l rate it will most likely be around 50/50.

also, no matter what there will be 1 person that was 3/3 and one that was 0/3 in each match. this means that there is the same chance of each, and a much higher chance of getting 2/3 or 1/3. eventually everyone will hit those multiple times.
  • laxkings40 wrote: »
    I feel most people don't understand how the matchmaking actually works. It's meant to alway put you at an average 50/50 win/loss rate. Ofc it seems impossible at lower levels but you have to keep in mind that they're usually there for a reason. I won my last GAC and then in this GAC went up against someone with 3.5 mil, and then 1.7 mil, both over double my gp. However, this is to be expected as the system is trying to pull down my w/l ratio. But even then, I've won both rounds, first because my opponent didn't attack and then because I was more efficient than my opponent. I suspect it's going to keep putting me against higher tier players due to my around 80% win rate right now. This is how it's supposed to be, and while it seems bad, if you check your own w/l rate it will most likely be around 50/50.

also, no matter what there will be 1 person that was 3/3 and one that was 0/3 in each match. this means that there is the same chance of each, and a much higher chance of getting 2/3 or 1/3. eventually everyone will hit those multiple times.

Exactly, to have somone who wins a GAC means that there has to be people who don't win a single round of that GAc.