GAC "Retirement" League

Prev1
At the moment, Carbonite is basically the catchment league for all inactive players, who end up in the lowest league due to their inactivity. As a result, new players to GAC start their GAC climb facing those zombies and have no fun.

Why not create another dummy league below Carbonite? Call it "Retirement" or "Zombie" League if you want. The idea is that inactive players get passed down further to a specific league, where they will remain among themselves forever until they put an effort to climb again. CG might even able to run a job to clean up inactive players from that league periodically.

All new GAC players will start their GAC career in the Carbonite league as usual, so if they remain active, they will never have to bother with those retired players.

I think this can drastically reduce the frustration of new players to engage with GAC.

Replies

  • This is a good idea. How to sort out inactive players though? If they are inactive they shouldn't sign up.
  • TVF
    33753 posts Member
    I don't think inactive players are the problem
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't think inactive players are the problem
    AFAIK...players have to manually sign up AND make at least ONE attack to win any reward in GAC...so "zombie" players should be those that attack on occasion...or i see no other reason to sign up...
    That said...new players MIGHT start a bit above minimum UNLESS that would mean they would get hammered on their first fights...
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

    With "inactive" I mean of course those, who only hit the join button to collect the rewards. Instead of bothering new players (even if they don't really play, it takes fun away) they can just do that in a league of their own.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't think inactive players are the problem

    For sure there are other problems. But players, who sign up but don't really play, are always a problem.

  • TVF
    33753 posts Member
    No they aren't. You get a free win and move on.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    33753 posts Member
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • yolkywareagle
    493 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Antario wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

    With "inactive" I mean of course those, who only hit the join button to collect the rewards. Instead of bothering new players (even if they don't really play, it takes fun away) they can just do that in a league of their own.

    Or maybe they could be called inactive if they score 0-10 on 2/3 rounds for 1 full season.

    Edit: that being their average throughout the season.
  • TVF
    33753 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!

    If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Whether or not GAC is fun doesn’t overshadow the rest of the game. It’s a game of inches. Grow the account. Get stronger. Do it better than everyone else. Be competitive.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!

    If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.

    Everyone doesn't find the same things to be 'fun'.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!

    If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.

    Everyone doesn't find the same things to be 'fun'.

    Hence why I wrote some... Unlike some (lol) I don't generalise 🙃
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Antario wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

    With "inactive" I mean of course those, who only hit the join button to collect the rewards. Instead of bothering new players (even if they don't really play, it takes fun away) they can just do that in a league of their own.

    Or maybe they could be called inactive if they score 0-10 on 2/3 rounds for 1 full season.

    Edit: that being their average throughout the season.

    Would they get 10 banners though? If so that's deliberate. Surely a high GP player, playing in low Carbonite has the ability to get one win on auto.

    If that's the case, how have they fallen so far? I'm guessing there's not one definitive answer. I guess players sign up, often don't do one attack, sometimes do do one attack, rarely play a full GAC to win.

  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!

    If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.

    Everyone doesn't find the same things to be 'fun'.

    There's the spirit of the game. The spirit of GAC is competitive matches. The scenario of this thread definitely isn't in the spirit of the game and therefore isn't achieving the fun of what is intended from the game play.
  • Antario wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

    With "inactive" I mean of course those, who only hit the join button to collect the rewards. Instead of bothering new players (even if they don't really play, it takes fun away) they can just do that in a league of their own.

    Or maybe they could be called inactive if they score 0-10 on 2/3 rounds for 1 full season.

    Edit: that being their average throughout the season.

    Would they get 10 banners though? If so that's deliberate. Surely a high GP player, playing in low Carbonite has the ability to get one win on auto.

    If that's the case, how have they fallen so far? I'm guessing there's not one definitive answer. I guess players sign up, often don't do one attack, sometimes do do one attack, rarely play a full GAC to win.

    I think it's a very complex thing because there are different reasons. I think there are players whom prefer to have "easy" wins so they drop on purpose and only really fight when they know they will win, others only play when they see they have an easy win without dropping on purpose, then others don't always have time or are not in the mood etc.

    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »

    I think it's a very complex thing because there are different reasons. I think there are players whom prefer to have "easy" wins so they drop on purpose and only really fight when they know they will win, others only play when they see they have an easy win without dropping on purpose, then others don't always have time or are not in the mood etc.

    I think I have to respectfully disagree with most of this discussion. I don’t believe that the fact some people choose to play a game on their mobile phone is at all complex. It’s just a reality that some people play sometimes - they don’t need any reason and certainly (as some other posters seem to believe) they aren’t making a moral choice that deserves to be ‘rewarded’ or otherwise - that seems to be almost as common a fallacy on these forums as the idea that spending time or money playing the game is an ‘investment’
    it’s not
    . It simply is an objective condition of the field of play - like weather or terrain - and it’s up to each of us to choose how we play within it.
  • For new GAC players, what percentage of opponents are so-called "inactive" players?
  • TVF
    33753 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!

    If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.

    Everyone doesn't find the same things to be 'fun'.

    Hence why I wrote some... Unlike some (lol) I don't generalise 🙃

    What.

    You absolutely did.

    There are players who will get some free wins, some guaranteed losses if the other player plays, and some that could go either way with both players trying. You are generalizing because you are acting as if every player below "top Kyber" only sees mismatches every round, which is false.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    33753 posts Member
    To add, who said anything about only winning being fun.

    If I have some free wins, some guaranteed losses, and some fair matches, who is anyone here to tell me I can't have fun with that? Maybe I don't want to go hard in GAC and am happy to take 2/3 of my matches off and have good matches 1/3 of the time, while maintaining a 50/50 win rate for the crystals.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    10411 posts Moderator
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

  • yolkywareagle
    493 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I just went untouched on 2 accounts. One was in carb 1 and the other in carb 5 (promoted to 4 after 1st round). I believe one of 6 enemies attacked me.

    edit: speling
  • Ultra wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

    It's just a boogeyman to scare people into thinking there's a problem that doesn't exist.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.

    They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.

    For some!

    If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.

    Everyone doesn't find the same things to be 'fun'.

    Hence why I wrote some... Unlike some (lol) I don't generalise 🙃

    What.

    You absolutely did.

    There are players who will get some free wins, some guaranteed losses if the other player plays, and some that could go either way with both players trying. You are generalizing because you are acting as if every player below "top Kyber" only sees mismatches every round, which is false.

    What you take out of what I wrote is what you made of it and not what I said. I -never- did say that everyone faces mismatches every round! So no, you are wrong! Just because I say mismatches happen does not mean that I mean they are always happening. If I would mean that, I would have written it so please stop interpreting something into what I wrote and exaggerating it into something that I never said.

    Thank you for keeping this a straw man free zone!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ultra
    10411 posts Moderator
    I just went untouched on 2 accounts. One was in carb 1 and the other in carb 5 (promoted to 4 after 1st round). I believe one of 6 enemies attacked me.

    edit: speling

    don't forget to do another edit for your edit!
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

    I think it's a very complex thing because there are different reasons. I think there are players whom prefer to have "easy" wins so they drop on purpose and only really fight when they know they will win, others only play when they see they have an easy win without dropping on purpose, then others don't always have time or are not in the mood etc.

    I think I have to respectfully disagree with most of this discussion. I don’t believe that the fact some people choose to play a game on their mobile phone is at all complex. It’s just a reality that some people play sometimes - they don’t need any reason and certainly (as some other posters seem to believe) they aren’t making a moral choice that deserves to be ‘rewarded’ or otherwise - that seems to be almost as common a fallacy on these forums as the idea that spending time or money playing the game is an ‘investment’
    it’s not
    . It simply is an objective condition of the field of play - like weather or terrain - and it’s up to each of us to choose how we play within it.

    I believe you misunderstood me. With complex I only meant it directly to harvestmouse about what they wrote. And why I used the word complex was just simply because I believe it is not possible to take every scenario into account or generalise, as to why things happen as they do or why people do not participate (enough).
    And I agree with you because I myself have stated in the past that I don't think it is important why people do not (always) participate because it doesn't make a difference and doesn't matter. That's not the issue.
    The issue is how it is for those whom are matched against those players and I am more interested in trying to see if it is possible to find a solution that maybe can be suggested towards CG by talking and brainstorming about it with each other as the community)
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I just went untouched on 2 accounts. One was in carb 1 and the other in carb 5 (promoted to 4 after 1st round). I believe one of 6 enemies attacked me.

    edit: speling

    don't forget to do another edit for your edit!

    i was wondering if anyone would notice ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.