GAC "Retirement" League

Prev1
At the moment, Carbonite is basically the catchment league for all inactive players, who end up in the lowest league due to their inactivity. As a result, new players to GAC start their GAC climb facing those zombies and have no fun.

Why not create another dummy league below Carbonite? Call it "Retirement" or "Zombie" League if you want. The idea is that inactive players get passed down further to a specific league, where they will remain among themselves forever until they put an effort to climb again. CG might even able to run a job to clean up inactive players from that league periodically.

All new GAC players will start their GAC career in the Carbonite league as usual, so if they remain active, they will never have to bother with those retired players.

I think this can drastically reduce the frustration of new players to engage with GAC.

Replies

• This is a good idea. How to sort out inactive players though? If they are inactive they shouldn't sign up.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I don't think inactive players are the problem
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC
  • TVF wrote: »
    AFAIK...players have to manually sign up AND make at least ONE attack to win any reward in GAC...so "zombie" players should be those that attack on occasion...or i see no other reason to sign up...
    That said...new players MIGHT start a bit above minimum UNLESS that would mean they would get hammered on their first fights...
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Inactive players don’t sign up for GAC

With "inactive" I mean of course those, who only hit the join button to collect the rewards. Instead of bothering new players (even if they don't really play, it takes fun away) they can just do that in a league of their own.

For sure there are other problems. But players, who sign up but don't really play, are always a problem.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No they aren't. You get a free win and move on.
    No they aren't. You get a free win and move on.

There are still some new players who want to "play" GAC and not just collect rewards.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    So the players that just sign up are not "always" a problem then.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Antario wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

With "inactive" I mean of course those, who only hit the join button to collect the rewards. Instead of bothering new players (even if they don't really play, it takes fun away) they can just do that in a league of their own.

Or maybe they could be called inactive if they score 0-10 on 2/3 rounds for 1 full season.

Edit: that being their average throughout the season.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

They are a problem! Free win or not is not the issue, it's not about winning.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »

For some!
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member

For some!

If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.
  • Whether or not GAC is fun doesn’t overshadow the rest of the game. It’s a game of inches. Grow the account. Get stronger. Do it better than everyone else. Be competitive.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Lumiya wrote: »

For some!

If it is about winning for some, then the GAC system is a problem for them: 50/50. Unless you're in top Kyber there will never be only/mainly wins.
    If it is about fun, then bare minimum/minimum or non participating players are a problem.

Everyone doesn't find the same things to be 'fun'.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »

For some!

Hence why I wrote some... Unlike some (lol) I don't generalise 🙃
  • Antario wrote: »

Or maybe they could be called inactive if they score 0-10 on 2/3 rounds for 1 full season.

Would they get 10 banners though? If so that's deliberate. Surely a high GP player, playing in low Carbonite has the ability to get one win on auto.

If that's the case, how have they fallen so far? I'm guessing there's not one definitive answer. I guess players sign up, often don't do one attack, sometimes do do one attack, rarely play a full GAC to win.

• Jakdnels wrote: »

For some!

There's the spirit of the game. The spirit of GAC is competitive matches. The scenario of this thread definitely isn't in the spirit of the game and therefore isn't achieving the fun of what is intended from the game play.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »

Would they get 10 banners though? If so that's deliberate. Surely a high GP player, playing in low Carbonite has the ability to get one win on auto.

If that's the case, how have they fallen so far? I'm guessing there's not one definitive answer. I guess players sign up, often don't do one attack, sometimes do do one attack, rarely play a full GAC to win.

I think it's a very complex thing because there are different reasons. I think there are players whom prefer to have "easy" wins so they drop on purpose and only really fight when they know they will win, others only play when they see they have an easy win without dropping on purpose, then others don't always have time or are not in the mood etc.

• Lumiya wrote: »

I think it's a very complex thing because there are different reasons. I think there are players whom prefer to have "easy" wins so they drop on purpose and only really fight when they know they will win, others only play when they see they have an easy win without dropping on purpose, then others don't always have time or are not in the mood etc.

I think I have to respectfully disagree with most of this discussion. I don’t believe that the fact some people choose to play a game on their mobile phone is at all complex. It’s just a reality that some people play sometimes - they don’t need any reason and certainly (as some other posters seem to believe) they aren’t making a moral choice that deserves to be ‘rewarded’ or otherwise - that seems to be almost as common a fallacy on these forums as the idea that spending time or money playing the game is an ‘investment’
    it’s not
    . It simply is an objective condition of the field of play - like weather or terrain - and it’s up to each of us to choose how we play within it.
  • For new GAC players, what percentage of opponents are so-called "inactive" players?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

For some!

What.

You absolutely did.

There are players who will get some free wins, some guaranteed losses if the other player plays, and some that could go either way with both players trying. You are generalizing because you are acting as if every player below "top Kyber" only sees mismatches every round, which is false.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    To add, who said anything about only winning being fun.

If I have some free wins, some guaranteed losses, and some fair matches, who is anyone here to tell me I can't have fun with that? Maybe I don't want to go hard in GAC and am happy to take 2/3 of my matches off and have good matches 1/3 of the time, while maintaining a 50/50 win rate for the crystals.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

• yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    I just went untouched on 2 accounts. One was in carb 1 and the other in carb 5 (promoted to 4 after 1st round). I believe one of 6 enemies attacked me.

edit: speling
  • Ultra wrote: »

It's just a boogeyman to scare people into thinking there's a problem that doesn't exist.

For some!

What.

You absolutely did.

There are players who will get some free wins, some guaranteed losses if the other player plays, and some that could go either way with both players trying. You are generalizing because you are acting as if every player below "top Kyber" only sees mismatches every round, which is false.

What you take out of what I wrote is what you made of it and not what I said. I -never- did say that everyone faces mismatches every round! So no, you are wrong! Just because I say mismatches happen does not mean that I mean they are always happening. If I would mean that, I would have written it so please stop interpreting something into what I wrote and exaggerating it into something that I never said.

Thank you for keeping this a straw man free zone!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I just went untouched on 2 accounts. One was in carb 1 and the other in carb 5 (promoted to 4 after 1st round). I believe one of 6 enemies attacked me.

don't forget to do another edit for your edit!
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »

I think I have to respectfully disagree with most of this discussion. I don’t believe that the fact some people choose to play a game on their mobile phone is at all complex. It’s just a reality that some people play sometimes - they don’t need any reason and certainly (as some other posters seem to believe) they aren’t making a moral choice that deserves to be ‘rewarded’ or otherwise - that seems to be almost as common a fallacy on these forums as the idea that spending time or money playing the game is an ‘investment’
    it’s not
    . It simply is an objective condition of the field of play - like weather or terrain - and it’s up to each of us to choose how we play within it.

I believe you misunderstood me. With complex I only meant it directly to harvestmouse about what they wrote. And why I used the word complex was just simply because I believe it is not possible to take every scenario into account or generalise, as to why things happen as they do or why people do not participate (enough).
    And I agree with you because I myself have stated in the past that I don't think it is important why people do not (always) participate because it doesn't make a difference and doesn't matter. That's not the issue.
    The issue is how it is for those whom are matched against those players and I am more interested in trying to see if it is possible to find a solution that maybe can be suggested towards CG by talking and brainstorming about it with each other as the community)
  • Ultra wrote: »

don't forget to do another edit for your edit!

i was wondering if anyone would notice ;)