Over/Under 151.5 worldwide players for new TB?

Dwinkelm
768 posts Member
edited December 2022
Alrighty everybody, I’m a betting man, so I’ve set the line at 151.5

Will more or less than 151.5 players IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that will be able to play the new TB through phase 6 at launch?

My bet is under.

What a waste of labor & talent on CG’s end.

Not angry. Not sad. Not a bad joke. Wish I could say I am at least surprised, but truth be told, I am not.

Replies

• Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    I’m guessing less then 100 if that
  • Options
    I think maybe 50 people in the world have enough money to get all these r9 squads. But probably below 150 for sure.
  • Options
    Maybe MAW and CAW will be able to do minimal stuff in P4-P6? Everyone else is probably not going to get there for about, 100 years. That is unless CG starts drastically increasing relic materials so we can actually relic the "low level" characters they claim datacrons are made for.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why include half a player?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Because that’s how over/under works. 151 is under and 152 is over. Without the half you would have one number that is neither.
  • Options
    Our guild is #252 in the world and we'll be participating. Obviously, we'll be in the first 3 phases for a long time and the phrase "hold, no star" will make it's triumphant return.

252 x50 is easily over 151.5.

I'll take the over.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Think you’re missing the phase 6 portion
  • Options
    0 i doubt any guild will get to phase 6 first try
  • Options
    I want to know the odds that the new TB is able to be maxed within the next 3 years. If I'm not mistaken, it's still impossible to get max stars in LS Geo.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Isn't the point that it's not meant to be beatable in the first few months?
  • Options

it can still be unbeaten if the relic requirement was removed. simple say relic 5-9 is heavily recommended but not needed and lower gear teams won't survive. then we could at least play missions, plus it allows some creative teams to come that could win if they survive an initial onslaught like some did in LSgeo.
  • Options

I don't think anyone is arguing that it should be beatable in the first few months. I'd go further and say that I don't think anyone WANTS it to be beatable in the first few months.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    [
    I want to know the odds that the new TB is able to be maxed within the next 3 years. If I'm not mistaken, it's still impossible to get max stars in LS Geo.

Right, because there's not enough ship GP in the game yet.

Big difference between being beatable and being playable. The vast majority of players won't be able to PLAY p5 for at least a year.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Because that’s how over/under works. 151 is under and 152 is over. Without the half you would have one number that is neither.

Push!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I setup a spreadsheet in google sheets to see how many potential teams a guild has at any relic level. If you look at the top guild by GP (MΔW), they could have a total of 266 battles with Relic 9 teams made up of 5 toons per squad. However, this looks at just any R5 toon and doesn't care about team synergy. Just looking at some of the guild members that have a potential 2-3 teams from that guild, their R9 characters are not going to make more than 1 good team since they have the GLs at R9, Bossk and Fennec as the only BH, etc. So this is likely an overestimate by a lot. Looking at the lowest guild on the SWGOH.gg leaderboard (新共和國NewRepublic), they could have 24 battles.

It doesn't seem like many guilds are going to be doing many battles in the last 2 phases, but that is obviously by design. CG has a lot better tools to look at what teams people have at different relic levels.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options

So just want to avoid saying "more than or equal to?"
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

So just want to avoid saying "more than or equal to?"

I'm not sure why you're discussing this - it's a very common setup in gambling.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    i would doubt most in either Caw or Maw would have the relic levels required to get through phase 5 and 6.
  • Options
    There's having characters at R9 and then there's having the RIGHT characters at R9. Even if you had a roster full of them it would still take some time to figure out what team comps to use in what battles. One of the good things I've seen is that the battles will be static - meaning the enemy teams won't change. I can be happy about that. Grasping at straws for the positives here...

Still the info is enlightening @Wizkid1891 thanks.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people want to play a phase they can't possibly win. If anything, it helps guild members focus on operations with toons that would otherwise be a waste in CMs.
  • laxkings40
    164 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The real question is, will it be worth it? We'll have to wait and see the rewards cause the get 3 rewards aren't nearly enough to require r9.

Edit: Over, but only if we're including sign up for tb and get one star. Otherwise under.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people want to play a phase they can't possibly win. If anything, it helps guild members focus on operations with toons that would otherwise be a waste in CMs.

To just simply be able to participate in the new content, to have a look at it so you can try to theory craft etc.
    If our other TBs have taught us anything, it's that it very well is possible to get waves done with undergeared squads, if you can find the right combination, mods etc
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    CG hates theorycrafting. CG loves creditcarding
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I think every guild that can at least enter the first one should though.

Cg’s track record with the first tb after launch not working is so high it’s probably the thing we should be betting on.

Get us some of that sweet new tb compensation prizes.
  • Options
    Wizkid1891 wrote: »
    I setup a spreadsheet in google sheets to see how many potential teams a guild has at any relic level. If you look at the top guild by GP (MΔW), they could have a total of 266 battles with Relic 9 teams made up of 5 toons per squad. However, this looks at just any R5 toon and doesn't care about team synergy. Just looking at some of the guild members that have a potential 2-3 teams from that guild, their R9 characters are not going to make more than 1 good team since they have the GLs at R9, Bossk and Fennec as the only BH, etc. So this is likely an overestimate by a lot. Looking at the lowest guild on the SWGOH.gg leaderboard (新共和國NewRepublic), they could have 24 battles.

It doesn't seem like many guilds are going to be doing many battles in the last 2 phases, but that is obviously by design. CG has a lot better tools to look at what teams people have at different relic levels.

新共和國NewRepublic will just let their cheaters do their APK thing, they won't care about synergy :D
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg