GET 3 Rewards

Prev1
Okay, everyone's talking about the relic reqs to participate but lets take a moment to talk about the GET 3 rewards. To put it simply, they are the dumbest thing to ever come to shipments. Anyone that can afford to get enough GET 3 to spend it on the character shards already has those characters at 7 stars and relics. Its a slap in the face, "Here whale to the point of being a Kraken to get a new currency!... But you can only spend it on characters you already have! Enjoy!" What are your thoughts?

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that this is far from a slap in the fase, in fact it's great, because I can not worry about missing anything important.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    i like the character rewards for GET 3, i can get KAM to 7* and work on getting Boba Fett Scion, even sooner, then focus on any new characters added later or just relic stuff. and realistically this is similar to the other TBs where some old characters we allowed to be farmed with the currency.
  • Options
    You dont have to play the KAM missipn if you do not have him at 7*.
    How is this a slap in the face? No Mission and you dont miss his shards by playing the new TB.
  • Options
    Yes, there are ways to get certain toons to 7 stars (namely being KAM), but the reality is different. The people this is gonna help are gonna be the ones who already have the toons at 7 stars most likely. The one I think will be the most useful is KAM which I can def see helping some people. However, even then the majoirty of people this new TB is centered around probably already have him at 7 stars.
  • Options
    laxkings40 wrote: »
    Yes, there are ways to get certain toons to 7 stars (namely being KAM), but the reality is different. The people this is gonna help are gonna be the ones who already have the toons at 7 stars most likely. The one I think will be the most useful is KAM which I can def see helping some people. However, even then the majoirty of people this new TB is centered around probably already have him at 7 stars.

that's no different from past TBs with those character being able to be farmed. all it mean is that people who have 7* can focus on the relic buys instead which EVERYONE will need considering the high relic requirements on the last 2 pahses
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

that's no different from past TBs with those character being able to be farmed. all it mean is that people who have 7* can focus on the relic buys instead which EVERYONE will need considering the high relic requirements on the last 2 pahses

Yes, this is all I was trying to say. The CHARACTER buys are more useless than with get 2 or get 1 where you get mal and nego and gas and malak respectively. My hope is that they release a new toon that is get 3 exclusive to make it more worth it. Shouldve clarified earlier, sry.
  • Options

It helps both. Players without KAM get shards for him and the new GET III for the other stuff.
    This allows players without 7* chars to play the new TB, without worrying to miss shards on Geonosian TB-Chars.

This is better than bot having those shards purchasable by the GET III
  • Options

Yes, this is all I was trying to say. The CHARACTER buys are more useless than with get 2 or get 1 where you get mal and nego and gas and malak respectively. My hope is that they release a new toon that is get 3 exclusive to make it more worth it. Shouldve clarified earlier, sry.

The few players in my guild that haven't quite finish kam and that won't be able to do the kam mission anymore disagree big time.

Those buys are not "instead of something great", they're mandatory if you don't want to force players to switch guilds if they're a little behind their friends. More stuff to buy will be there too.
  • Options
    Xhedao wrote: »

It helps both. Players without KAM get shards for him and the new GET III for the other stuff.
    This allows players without 7* chars to play the new TB, without worrying to miss shards on Geonosian TB-Chars.

My problem is that the majoirty of people who need to get those characters to seven stars aren't in a guild that can attempt the new tb. While it may be the case for some, look at the rosters of guilds like MAW and IN CAW Empire and tell me how many of them don't have kam or the others being offered. Those guilds are some of the few able to do the new TB and don't need the get 3 exclusive character shards.
  • Options
    Even if it's only for a minority of players (that will be very unpleased if those characters are not there), why does it bother you ? They're not taking anything away.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

The few players in my guild that haven't quite finish kam and that won't be able to do the kam mission anymore disagree big time.

Those buys are not "instead of something great", they're mandatory if you don't want to force players to switch guilds if they're a little behind their friends. More stuff to buy will be there too.

Sorry again, I'll have to clarify. I mean that everytime before the new get currency was used for something new. I think it's dumb that that's not the case for this. The previous character buys are fine but besides everyone except kam being next to useless to the players in those high end guilds, there's nothing new to chase after that's exclusive.
  • Options
    Even if it's only for a minority of players (that will be very unpleased if those characters are not there), why does it bother you ? They're not taking anything away.

It's not new and for the most part helpful, and there wasn't effort placed in trying to design a new toon to make the TB more enticing for the insane reqs. The people who would benefit the most form this can't even access it and the people who can won't benefit overwhelmignly from it.
  • Options
    You're disappointed that there are no new characters to buy with the currency. Fair enough.

Also fair to say you might have got a little carried away saying that putting old TB/Conquest exclusive in the GET3 shop was "a slap in the face" or "the dumbest thing ever".
  • Options
    You're disappointed that there are no new characters to buy with the currency. Fair enough.

Also fair to say you might have got a little carried away saying that putting old TB/Conquest exclusive in the GET3 shop was "a slap in the face" or "the dumbest thing ever".

yah def fair to say that too, I got a little heated.
  • Options

Sorry again, I'll have to clarify. I mean that everytime before the new get currency was used for something new. I think it's dumb that that's not the case for this. The previous character buys are fine but besides everyone except kam being next to useless to the players in those high end guilds, there's nothing new to chase after that's exclusive.

I mean there is nothing stopping them from putting something new in later on. when Geo TB came out only negotiator was in it and Malevolence came later. this TB might have 1-2 new things later on, or maybe it will have a surprise extra unit announced right before the official first run. i understand having nothing new not being pleasing but at least we have rewards that can be worth while for some and progress your roster
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

My problem is that the majoirty of people who need to get those characters to seven stars aren't in a guild that can attempt the new tb. While it may be the case for some, look at the rosters of guilds like MAW and IN CAW Empire and tell me how many of them don't have kam or the others being offered. Those guilds are some of the few able to do the new TB and don't need the get 3 exclusive character shards.

If these are not able to participate in the new TB the content LS Geo is available.
    At some point it will make sense to switch to the new TB and therefore those character shards exist. Or for players who dont play conquest.
    Guilds like MAW and IN CAW dont care for the shards as you said. Just the players which dont play conquest. But these shards are also not meant for them, what you dont have in mind. They are for lower guilds and players who are missing them.

Remove them and think how your attitude would then be and be happy that they exist.
    Before stating low or high GP players would benefit more we need the stars and loots.
    Might also be, that the GET III is so low that you hust get enough for 5 shards compared to a LSTB on geo with propably 20+. Then the benefit is not in the new TB.

The GET III can be used for Gyrda and Omicrons. Less grind. This is huge.
    I dont think, that those high end guilds interpretate this as useless.
    Furthermore, the guilds which can participate will overrun you in a few months with 3rd sister in GAC and maybe in TW. This increases income and loot.
    They benefit maybe the most and its far away from not overhelming...
  • Options

If these are not able to participate in the new TB the content LS Geo is available.
    At some point it will make sense to switch to the new TB and therefore those character shards exist. Or for players who dont play conquest.
    Guilds like MAW and IN CAW dont care for the shards as you said. Just the players which dont play conquest. But these shards are also not meant for them, what you dont have in mind. They are for lower guilds and players who are missing them.

Remove them and think how your attitude would then be and be happy that they exist.
    Before stating low or high GP players would benefit more we need the stars and loots.
    Might also be, that the GET III is so low that you hust get enough for 5 shards compared to a LSTB on geo with propably 20+. Then the benefit is not in the new TB.

The GET III can be used for Gyrda and Omicrons. Less grind. This is huge.
    I dont think, that those high end guilds interpretate this as useless.
    Furthermore, the guilds which can participate will overrun you in a few months with 3rd sister in GAC and maybe in TW. This increases income and loot.
    They benefit maybe the most and its far away from not overhelming...

First, I already said that the relic pieces are a good addition. Second, I couldn't care less if the conquest characters and wat weren't in the get 3 pool. Kam is understandable to have there. Third, what high end guild that can do this tb lets in player who don't play conquest? And what lower guilds? This is relic gated behind r5 minimum for the first phase and then up to r9. No lower tier guilds will benefit from a tb you can't join. Also, did you see Ahnald's reaction to this? He's in a high end guild and didn't like anything to do with the tb. Finally, I'm only mad because of no new get 3 toon, not the tb overall, I said this earlier.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    GET III is capped at 20k….not sure how I feel about this.

I think it sucks but isn't horrible, I just see it as an indirect suggestion to spend it and not hoard like most people do. I'm sure there are still plenty of people with thousands of GW, arena, GET1, GET2, ship, etc currency that isn't spending it much, and for the GETs they likely won't because they fear another character being added there like Gsky and Malak.
  • Magruffin
    782 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    GET III is capped at 20k….not sure how I feel about this.

Lol...of course it is....good ol cg
    This block at hoarding does make sense if they were to drop get3 exclusives later, thus preventing a lot of ppl unlocking the new shiny immediately and encourage more $pending... if they go that route.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    GET 3 looks amazing! Wow I can’t believe CG did something so amazing with it
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    GET 3 looks amazing! Wow I can’t believe CG did something so amazing with it

Sarcasm?
  • Options
    Well, if there is a guild doing it, there may be at least one person without 7* KAM (if they recently joined or something) and the guild wouldn’t just want to leave that person behind. The guild would prob just decide to do geo until that person got KAM, but this is an alternative.
  • Options
    Well, if there is a guild doing it, there may be at least one person without 7* KAM (if they recently joined or something) and the guild wouldn’t just want to leave that person behind. The guild would prob just decide to do geo until that person got KAM, but this is an alternative.

Yah, I said that kam was probably the only useful one out of there, but I'm just dissapointed there's no new get 3 character like for get 1 and get 2.
  • Options
    Anyone else glad we can start spending get3 on things other than a new unit? As much as I loved all my get2 going to 2 ships for first year of the last tbs I'm glad we're not doing that again. Of course the hoarder in me might want to save for the first year anyway just in case :)
  • Options
    So 300 get3 for 5 kyros. 2125 get 3 for 5 KAM shards. Kyros are 28 crystals per from the weekly shipments therefore KAM is selling at 196 crystals per shard. Seems high but not outrageous considering KAM is cash or KAM mission only. That said I’m iffy on get 3 overall. It obviously depends on the quantity per tb. The two examples I’ve seen for relic mats seem feel overpriced but until I see the loot table I can’t say for sure. However even if they aren’t I’m not sure get3 offerings successfully replace get1.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    GET1 is in the TB.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    GET1 is in the TB.

Thought they dropped that. My bad
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    GET1 is in the TB.

Just for clarification I was basing my opinion on this:
    usds2vzjgkv3.jpeg

Where have they said get 1 was part of the rewards? Trust you just haven’t seen it.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Players were ready and attempting Geo TB for measly rewards before 7 starring IPD or ROLO

Same thing will happen with newer guilds, they would rater get 1~3 stars of latest TB than stick to maxing 7* KAM that would take years