Boo wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    AnnaGrace wrote: »
    I go with Adam Driver. Just what he brings to the character is pretty believable. Young dude who is incredibly torn and who it prone to fits of rage and tantrums, and ***SPOILER***SPOILER*** who ends up being redeemed ***END SPOILER***, Adam Driver makes it believable. That's not even counting his other work in other films ("I'm about to eat NACHOS!" anyone?) and on the stage.

Second choice is a tie between Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGreggor.

Edit: added spolier warning haha.

I completely agree with you!! Adam’s performance in SW is excellent, and Kylo/Ben is my favorite character.

Whiney Ben Solo? You have got to be kidding.

EVERY Star Wars character is whiney at some point, get over it. They didn’t hate on your favorite character for no reason.

For no reason? Kylo is a bad character, although he is the "best" in the sequel trilogy, that doesn't say a lot against the likes of Rey and Rose, lol

Luke is a bad character. Darth Vader was SO annoying with his breath and all.

How does that feel?

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, both their opinion about Kylo being good, and yours about Kylo being bad. What I don’t get is why you always come to these threads to trash the sequel trilogy repeatedly. It’s kinda rude.

Considering every post you make puts the ST on some God-like pedestal, I think you are preaching to the choir here bud.

That’s not true. I don’t like the ST any more than the prequels or the OT. But it is clear that you simply hate the sequels. You search for whatever reasoning you can find to attack them. I guess you have some obsession with destroying them, and I’m not the only forumer who notices this. So when someone like @AnnaGrace tries to appreciate something they like, you come in to make sure they know that their opinion is wrong. That actually they can’t like Kylo the best because you think that he’s terrible. It’s getting annoying, and it’s becoming offensive. I understand you don’t like the ST. I get that. That’s okay. But you don’t have the right to tell other people that their opinion is wrong.

So while other people can voice their opinions, I am not allowed to voice mine? Got it. Thanks for policing my opinion. You know its quite offensive that you do that all the time I say something bad about the ST.

Nope, didn’t say that. I just don’t understand why you have to tell other people that they’re “wrong” about the sequel trilogy. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, just that you shove it in people’s faces.

Well sorry if I have an opinion.

Don't get me wrong, Driver is an excellent actor, but he was served a poor role in a bunch of poor movies. Its like saying Michael Kane was the best actor in the Jaws franchise - he was a good actor, in a porr role in a poor movie. That was my point.

Bearing in mind this is in comparison to Alec Guiness as Obi Wan, Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, Harrison Ford as Solo etc etc - Great actors, in better roles and in better movies.

That was the point I was making when I said "You have got to be kidding".

And that was all I said before all the "triggered" responses. You like Driver and Kylo, that's fine, but surely someone has the freedom to stand up and say "seriously?" - which is what I did.

The problem I see is that instead of saying your opinion, (I assume McGregor or Ford? Both great choices) you first noted “that other opinion is crazy.” That’s why people pointed it out.

Yep, because I think it is crazy considering everything else I mentioned, which again, is my opinion.

Right but you didn’t mention anything else until after.

So you didn't understand exactly what it was I was saying but still went a head to criticize? You could have said "what do you mean by that comment", but no - you attacked, again.

You really aren’t getting this situation: You attacked a comment, unprompted, in a negative manner, instead of presenting a counter point. Then, when I commented about it, you actually revealed your own opinion. I agree with that opinion. But I commented initially because your original response seemed rude. It was pretty clear what you meant; and it wasn’t to say that “Ewan and Ford are better than Driver.” It was just to say that Kylo was bad.

So you agree, so what are you going on about?
  • Harrison Ford (Han)
    Of all the actors associated with Star Wars, Harrison Ford has been the biggest box office draw of any of them, and definitely my favorite

Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan, Rick Deckard, Richard Kimble, and more. Hard to beat.

That said is he the best at his craft to grace a Star Wars? I don't know. Sam Jackson, Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, & James Earl Jones are all really good at what they do.

If I had to vote on the best at their craft, I may have to go with Alec Guinness. At the very least his role in Bridge on the River Kwai may have been the best singular performance. If nothing else, isn't he the only actor to actually get nominated for an Oscar for a Star Wars performance? (Unless I am missing someone else who has been....)

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)
    I go with Adam Driver. Just what he brings to the character is pretty believable. Young dude who is incredibly torn and who it prone to fits of rage and tantrums, and ***SPOILER***SPOILER*** who ends up being redeemed ***END SPOILER***, Adam Driver makes it believable. That's not even counting his other work in other films ("I'm about to eat NACHOS!" anyone?) and on the stage.

I completely agree with you!! Adam’s performance in SW is excellent, and Kylo/Ben is my favorite character.

EVERY Star Wars character is whiney at some point, get over it. They didn’t hate on your favorite character for no reason.

For no reason? Kylo is a bad character, although he is the "best" in the sequel trilogy, that doesn't say a lot against the likes of Rey and Rose, lol

Luke is a bad character. Darth Vader was SO annoying with his breath and all.

How does that feel?

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, both their opinion about Kylo being good, and yours about Kylo being bad. What I don’t get is why you always come to these threads to trash the sequel trilogy repeatedly. It’s kinda rude.

Considering every post you make puts the ST on some God-like pedestal, I think you are preaching to the choir here bud.

That’s not true. I don’t like the ST any more than the prequels or the OT. But it is clear that you simply hate the sequels. You search for whatever reasoning you can find to attack them. I guess you have some obsession with destroying them, and I’m not the only forumer who notices this. So when someone like @AnnaGrace tries to appreciate something they like, you come in to make sure they know that their opinion is wrong. That actually they can’t like Kylo the best because you think that he’s terrible. It’s getting annoying, and it’s becoming offensive. I understand you don’t like the ST. I get that. That’s okay. But you don’t have the right to tell other people that their opinion is wrong.

So while other people can voice their opinions, I am not allowed to voice mine? Got it. Thanks for policing my opinion. You know its quite offensive that you do that all the time I say something bad about the ST.

Nope, didn’t say that. I just don’t understand why you have to tell other people that they’re “wrong” about the sequel trilogy. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, just that you shove it in people’s faces.

Well sorry if I have an opinion.

Don't get me wrong, Driver is an excellent actor, but he was served a poor role in a bunch of poor movies. Its like saying Michael Kane was the best actor in the Jaws franchise - he was a good actor, in a porr role in a poor movie. That was my point.

Bearing in mind this is in comparison to Alec Guiness as Obi Wan, Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, Harrison Ford as Solo etc etc - Great actors, in better roles and in better movies.

That was the point I was making when I said "You have got to be kidding".

And that was all I said before all the "triggered" responses. You like Driver and Kylo, that's fine, but surely someone has the freedom to stand up and say "seriously?" - which is what I did.

The problem I see is that instead of saying your opinion, (I assume McGregor or Ford? Both great choices) you first noted “that other opinion is crazy.” That’s why people pointed it out.

Yep, because I think it is crazy considering everything else I mentioned, which again, is my opinion.

Right but you didn’t mention anything else until after.

So you didn't understand exactly what it was I was saying but still went a head to criticize? You could have said "what do you mean by that comment", but no - you attacked, again.

You really aren’t getting this situation: You attacked a comment, unprompted, in a negative manner, instead of presenting a counter point. Then, when I commented about it, you actually revealed your own opinion. I agree with that opinion. But I commented initially because your original response seemed rude. It was pretty clear what you meant; and it wasn’t to say that “Ewan and Ford are better than Driver.” It was just to say that Kylo was bad.

So you agree, so what are you going on about?

Just forget it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

To be honest most OT characters are extremely generic or bleh too

Its only because of expanded materials and promotions in other mediums that they are developed enough to be liked

Luke is as big of a Gary Stu as Rey is a Mary Sue
This discussion has been closed.