New player. Any tips?

I want to start off right and not waste my time by leveling up useless or weak characters. Where should I focus on in the beginning? And thank you!

Replies

• Quit the game
  • There are farming guides that will/could help you. Basically you should be looking at characters in the 'journey guide' to work towards. The bigger, the better.
  • Buy HDB (hyperdrive bundle).
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • First thing is first -

if you're going to spend money on the game get the HB bundle. best $50 you'll spend in this game that will bring you a TON of value.

regardless if you spend money or not - the key to this game is patience AND focus. Youtube Darth Loquitor the guy has some amazing guides (play lists) and an informative discord server.

Make a choice - do you want to play and collect your favorite characters? or do you want to play and try to dominate GAC? those paths are different. for the first open the journey guide and see which GL you want and work towards that. for the 2nd there are some loquitor guides to put you on a good GAC journey.

regardless of what you choose this is how they monetize the game- you NEED to spend crystals, but that's ok because they give you a ton of crystal "for free". however if you choose to spend money on crystals that will only accelerate you so much because you'll still be soft locked by credits and gear (unless you spend more money on getting those...)

either way your focus should be building 2 or 3 teams at once while focusing on getting top fleet arena. it's not hard to reach top fleet arena on a new account because most people don't even look at it. but this is going to be your best source of crystal income for a while. number 1 spot is 400/day. top 10 i think is like 200/day.

• MuffinKid wrote: »
    Quit the game

Ignore this comment, what you should farm depends on what you want to accomplish, do you want to be the best or have fun? Ahnald has a good guide for getting a gl quick, while apgains has a good guide for being the best. If you want pure fun, just farm what characters are your favorite from star wars.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    MuffinKid wrote: »
    Quit the game

laxkings40 wrote: »
    MuffinKid wrote: »
    Quit the game

Ignore this comment, what you should farm depends on what you want to accomplish, do you want to be the best or have fun? Ahnald has a good guide for getting a gl quick, while apgains has a good guide for being the best. If you want pure fun, just farm what characters are your favorite from star wars.

I disagree, that was some seriously good advice, find something that is less frustrating, more fun, & better for you to do.
  • What else is there?
    M.D.R
  • It is good to go find a journey guide character that u like. all journey guide characters are good to a point. It would be best to choose a 1m gp recommendation character. Work on the characters they require. Finish that one, and move on to your next choice. Also, each character you upgrade is an investment for the next character you upgrade. Once you get one character to a certain level, the next will come faster, and faster, and faster.
  • JoannObrain
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    One way to determine which characters are strong is by checking online tier lists or asking more experienced players for recommendations. You can also experiment with different characters and see which ones work best for your playstyle.

Have you ever heard of solitaire cash reviews? It's a website that reviews different mobile games and apps that allow you to earn cash rewards for playing games like solitaire. While it may not be directly related to your question about character selection, it could be a fun and easy way to earn some extra pocket money in your free time.
    Post edited by JoannObrain on
  • RUN FORREST RUN