Threepio Journey Guide

DashRendar03
32 posts Member
edited December 2022
This event is NUTS!!! I don't have the best Ewok Squad. I'm missing Wicket and Longray. Still I have a Gear 12 Chirpa with the Zeta, and a gear 12 Scout, Paploo, and Elder. Teebo is gear 11 at the moment. I'm still getting my butt kicked in the event! I still have 3 levels to go for a 7 star threepio as the last piece of a CLS team. I'm not even close to winning. I read posts from years ago where people completed this event with my lineup at under gear 12. Did this event get harder? I'm not sure if I should relic any of my current team or if I should try and farm Wicket or Longray. For now I plan to give them 6 dot mods and see what happens.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Journey Guide events don’t get more difficult… RNG plays a big factor in 3PO’s event anyhow, especially when you’re missing Wicket and Logray.
  • ... I read posts from years ago where people completed this event with my lineup at under gear 12. ...

Did the posts talk about specific turn orders or mod sets? For journey guide events those can matter as much as gear levels, if not more.

Also, did they mention how many times they had to try before beating it? Often a suboptimal lineup can still do it, just takes way more tries.
  • Thanks for the response. I just started posting here. I might not have all the lingo down. What is RNG? As for specific mod sets I had Elder modded for speed and health. Paploo and Teebo are modded for protection and speed. Scout I believe is modded for Crit chance, crit damage and speed.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Not having at least one of Wicket or Logray is a big factor. It's still doable with your line up, but I'd say it's almost certainly a mod issue.

The thing about mods is not just their level/color and set, but the specific stats. You want mods with appropriate primaries, and additionally, you're going to want high speed secondaries. And yes, you can swap 6-dot mods to them just for the event; I'm sure that's what a lot of people did. But remember, it's not just the dots that will make a difference, but having good speed secondaries.
  • @crzydroid Thank You! I hope that does the trick. I've done pretty well with the journey guide 1-3 and had no problem with Chewbacca but this event is killing me.
  • I can't believe how brutal this journey guide is. I now have a full team of GL 12s and have Elder and Chirpa half way to GL 13 and I can't come close to unlocking threepio.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I can't believe how brutal this journey guide is. I now have a full team of GL 12s and have Elder and Chirpa half way to GL 13 and I can't come close to unlocking threepio.

You don't need more gear. Again, it's most likely your mods. But if you are still struggling, it would be more beneficial to get Wicket, Logray or both than to put more gear on the others. G13 is a valuable commodity and you don't want to waste it here.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Post your swgoh.gg link so we can see your mods.
  • For what it's worth this event at 7* was the most random event I've seen so far. I ran 20+ runs where I didn't get a single turn, a couple where I would get one or two turns, and then I finally beat it without losing a single character - all while making no changes to gear or mods.

I strongly suggest watching a YouTube guide. The speed on your mods is incredibly important and if I recall correctly if Chewie gets stealth on the opening play just start over. Save mod loadouts for your best characters and swap those mods over to your ewoks until youre done and then switch them back.
    Google C3PO Tier 5,6, or 7 guide.
  • Thanks for all the replies! After slicing some mods on the whole team I was finally able to unlock threepio. I didn't loose anyone on the team. So far level 6 is kicking my butt. I will try playing it over and over on auto and see if I get lucky. I will retreat if Chewie gets stealth. I have watched some videos and I know getting chewie out early is the way to go.

As for Mods. I try to have some sort of speed on all my mods. With Chirpa I have him modded for Speed, Crit Damage/Crit Chance. Teebo is modded for Speed and Potency. Elder is modded for Speed and Health. Paploo is modded for Speed and Defense. Scout is modded for Speed and Crit Chance/Crit Damage. I decided to continue to farm Wicket and eventually have him replace my scout. When he is ready for prime time I will give Wicket Scouts Mods unless his kit works better with Potency.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Thanks for all the replies! After slicing some mods on the whole team I was finally able to unlock threepio. I didn't loose anyone on the team. So far level 6 is kicking my butt. I will try playing it over and over on auto and see if I get lucky. I will retreat if Chewie gets stealth. I have watched some videos and I know getting chewie out early is the way to go.

As for Mods. I try to have some sort of speed on all my mods. With Chirpa I have him modded for Speed, Crit Damage/Crit Chance. Teebo is modded for Speed and Potency. Elder is modded for Speed and Health. Paploo is modded for Speed and Defense. Scout is modded for Speed and Crit Chance/Crit Damage. I decided to continue to farm Wicket and eventually have him replace my scout. When he is ready for prime time I will give Wicket Scouts Mods unless his kit works better with Potency.

Remember that when people talk about speed on mods, it's not just speed sets, but speed secondaries. You can also swap mods to them just for the event.

But Wicket will definitely go a long way for the later tiers.
  • Having to take your Ewoks to gear 12 without Wicket (and maybe Logray) is definitely a mistake IMO. I remember totally struggling with Teebo and the basic furballs at G10/G11. Then I finally picked up Wicket and there was a difference instantly. He actually has a punch on him and can hide that Elder.

Once you're done with this..............I doubt there is bigger bloat than this team in the game. Sure you'll probably get the omicron and put them on defence in GAC for a year or 2...............but they won't hold anything and once you kick them out, their main duty will be dust collecting........well only duty really as they don't even clean up teams well.
  • You dont need to high of gear to get it done. I dont remember what gear I had, but I think I had gear 12 Elder, gear 11 wicket and paploo, gear 10 chirpa and logray. Zeta-wise chirpa, wicket and paploo is what I did, and then I added all other zetas and omi on chripa after. Now chilling at R3 overall.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • DashRendar03
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    @harvestmouse I know now that it would have been smarter getting longray and Wicket instead of gearing up the lesser Bears. Your right they will be on defense for the next year or two. I don't do well in Grand Arena so it is what it is..But thank you for the input.
  • @Ultradude488 I am hoping I don't have to give 2 more Zeta's on this squad. I gave Chirpa his Zeta. I hope I can get it done without it.
  • Well my experience was............I had G10/11 Ewoks without Wicket (I never got Logray, doubt I ever will). I like you was struggling and in fact I was getting nowhere near.

I got Wicket to 7 stars and I instantly saw that it would work. The difference was massive. I ended up putting a zeta on all 3, G11 on all and good mods. After that it wasn't too painful.

Since then I put the omicron on them to try and get something from them. However, like the Carth Old Republic team, they're just no use. They don't hit anywhere near hard enough on offence and a lot the newer teams can tear them apart with much lower gear.

If I see these sort of teams on defence even at low relic levels. I know I can take them out with G8/9 Bad Batch or Iden Versio for max health/protection banners. Out running them is easy and they do too little damage.

So try to get out of this event as painlessly as possible...............that for me was the little dude with the spears! Get him and the event changes.
  • @DashRendar03 None of the zetas are needed, but they're all nice to have.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • So if anyone reads this please don't attempt the threepio event with the team I was using. It was a mistake not waiting to farm Longray and Wicket. I now have a relic 2 elder and a full gear 12 Chirpa, Teebo, Scout, Paploo and I still can't win the event. I went ahead and farmed Longray and almost have him to gear 12 and then I will plug him in. I hope I can win it soon so I can build my CLS team. I don't yet have a seven star Wicket but I plan to eventually bring him to gear 12 and use this team on defense for a while.
  • Wow! What a difference. I plugged in Longray without mods and without Wicket and I won the first time around! So you can absolutely win without Wicket but your going to need longray. Now I finally have a 7 star threepio and can focus on CLS!