Question about datacron expiry date.

GegeGerard24
417 posts Member
edited December 2022
Hi All,

I have just gotten a datacron from the newly given free calendar.

gqvd2zzmfze9.jpg

I would like to ask about that date, what does it mean?

The NPC who explained it was so ambigous...he said that the datacron will be dismantled at that date (or at any date of my choice b4 that date).

But what does "dismantled" mean?

1) it will be disassembled into its components AND then i can build it again using the disassembled components (maybe by spending more resources to do so).

2) it is gone forever and i have to find and buy another one.

Sorry for the noob question. As you can see, i have never laid my hand on datacron b4, not even have a char of Relic3.

Thanks.
Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Datacrons can be dismantled manually=broken into parts (with a loss of mats). At the end of a datacrons activity period all datacrons of that type are broken down automatically and those mats come back to you when the same type arrives again. Same type doesn't mean the bonuses etc. will be the same, it's just a system so that you don't start from scratch every time. In short you have nothing to worry about or there's nothing you need to do.

Only tip I can give is if you have too many datacrons you won't use, don't let the level 0 ones sit there collecting dust. When they are dismantled they give you 5 mk1 mats you can use on other datacrons you are raising.
  • rpgoe1b3orwo.png

Higher level datacrons have their own differential of what the yield will be. This one is a lvl9 datacron from the jabba set. It's pretty rare you may want to dismantle a raised datacron, one of those cases may be dupes of the same one. But even then most people use extras on other teams losing some of the bonuses. It's the redundant empty ones that are good to dismantle mostly.
  • Along with this, as you can see it gives back the things to upgrade a dc. But, it only works for that specific datacron set. Will the datacrons of the same set roll around again or is the only value of dismantlement the gold credit-type things?
  • Along with this, as you can see it gives back the things to upgrade a dc. But, it only works for that specific datacron set. Will the datacrons of the same set roll around again or is the only value of dismantlement the gold credit-type things?

The set is not the same, but the mat types roll around. This has already happened from the very first set to last set. Now we are in the 2 active sets era, it should roll around every 3rd time I think.
  • GegeGerard24
    417 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    When it expires, the box is gone?
    Only the materials stay?

Btw, thanks for the explanation.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • When it expires, the box is gone?
    Only the materials stay?

Btw, thanks for the explanation.

Materials do stay, but you won't see them until next time same mats are used (every 3 sets in my understanding). You won't get them pass over to the next set.

Iirc data cache is universal and you should immediately get the breakdown stock out of them on auto(end of the period) or manual dismantling.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Materials do stay, but you won't see them until next time same mats are used (every 3 sets in my understanding). You won't get them pass over to the next set.

Iirc data cache is universal and you should immediately get the breakdown stock out of them on auto(end of the period) or manual dismantling.

I am talking about this box...does it disappear when the date expires?
    13dvxa7s65m4.jpg

So i can see that i have these materials...data caches, binding mk3 etc
    fdrqrfek11ie.jpg
    htabdbp696pb.jpg

So these materials stay when the datacron is dismantled (it hits the expiry date)?
    Data caches can be used for another datacron (a box like the one i have), but the binding mk3 can only be used on the same box, as in, if i use a binding mk3 on box "A", it can only be used in box "A" for eternity...is that it?

BTW, if a box gets dismantled (it hits the expiry date), can i build it again at once?
    Or should i wait for a time when it can only be activated at?

Thanks again.

I am talking about this box...does it disappear when the date expires?
    13dvxa7s65m4.jpg

So i can see that i have these materials...data caches, binding mk3 etc
    fdrqrfek11ie.jpg
    htabdbp696pb.jpg

So these materials stay when the datacron is dismantled (it hits the expiry date)?
    Data caches can be used for another datacron (a box like the one i have), but the binding mk3 can only be used on the same box, as in, if i use a binding mk3 on box "A", it can only be used in box "A" for eternity...is that it?

BTW, if a box gets dismantled (it hits the expiry date), can i build it again at once?
    Or should i wait for a time when it can only be activated at?

Thanks again.

I already explained. Let's use the names for easier understanding then. Binding will be usable in the next set that uses binding, acumen next acumen. Data caches are immediately usable on auto distmantle at the end of any sets period.

So invest as you like, whether you dismantle a datacron manually or it gets dismantled automatically, the result is the same.

Since dismantling doesn't yield the same amount of mats you put into it, it's a lossy process, but nothing you can do about that. The entire process is pretty much foolproof, you can't really do it wrong (unlike mods).

Since right now you just got into the train, you started from zero, 2 sets later your investments will keep coming back every time and you'll have to invest less for the same amount of build-up.
    I already explained. Let's use the names for easier understanding then. Binding will be usable in the next set that uses binding, acumen next acumen. Data caches are immediately usable on auto distmantle at the end of any sets period.

So invest as you like, whether you dismantle a datacron manually or it gets dismantled automatically, the result is the same.

Since dismantling doesn't yield the same amount of mats you put into it, it's a lossy process, but nothing you can do about that. The entire process is pretty much foolproof, you can't really do it wrong (unlike mods).

Since right now you just got into the train, you started from zero, 2 sets later your investments will keep coming back every time and you'll have to invest less for the same amount of build-up.

Thanks. I think it will be clear when i am at R3.
    Thanks again.

Thanks again.

The pic I posted shows you how a full cron breaks down. Losses at mk2-3s and gain at mk1. It's designed in a way that your yields from previous sets will make it easy to get over first few levels for many crons and you'll be bottlenecked a lot with credits and higher mats.

I'm guessing in your case full relic teams and relic cutoffs for higher level datacrons will be a problem, so you don't need to build too many. Maybe even focus on making a full one if you have a single high relic team. Depends on your well built teams and faction bonuses of the set. There is a sweet spot which can be gotten with minimal investment...which is different for every roster.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Thanks again.

The pic I posted shows you how a full cron breaks down. Losses at mk2-3s and gain at mk1. It's designed in a way that your yields from previous sets will make it easy to get over first few levels for many crons and you'll be bottlenecked a lot with credits and higher mats.

I'm guessing in your case full relic teams and relic cutoffs for higher level datacrons will be a problem, so you don't need to build too many. Maybe even focus on making a full one if you have a single high relic team. Depends on your well built teams and faction bonuses of the set. There is a sweet spot which can be gotten with minimal investment...which is different for every roster.

OP does not have any G13 (yet).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I asked because i had received one via a free calendar.
    Otherwise, i would not have cared about it (for now)...
  • ul5lp3n2r4qw.png

Wut happens at the end of a period. It's not even a -claim- post. Just reminder of what happened.
    Wut happens at the end of a period. It's not even a -claim- post. Just reminder of what happened.

Thanks.

So i will get all the materials spent at the end of the period...and i can build the datacron again using the same material...

So...what is the point of all this?
    Why dismantling and building again?

Thanks.

So i will get all the materials spent at the end of the period...and i can build the datacron again using the same material...

So...what is the point of all this?
    Why dismantling and building again?

As I kept saying you don't get all the materials back, it's a lossy process. It just gives you a head start for the 2 later set cycle. The set things are never the same even if there are only 3 mat types for the sets, they are very majorly different targeting different teams and different general bonuses even when used with non-theme teams. That's the point.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I asked because i had received one via a free calendar.
    Otherwise, i would not have cared about it (for now)...

You can't use a datacron without everyone on the team being at least relic level 3.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GegeGerard24
    417 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    As I kept saying you don't get all the materials back, it's a lossy process.

Ok...got it, thanks.
    TVF wrote: »
    You can't use a datacron without everyone on the team being at least relic level 3.

Thanks for the info.
    It is still a long way for me.