F2P - All G12 Project

Prev1345
MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
edited June 2023
Disclaimer: this topic is not about what's f2p or any other thing related to f2p or not f2p. The title applies. If you are not interested talking around the main focus, please refrain from posting. We had 2 too many rounds of the same loop.

This one is pretty much a completionist, cool-flex project unlike f2p gl grabbing which is central to the game.

As any other f2p thing, @sloweagle is much closer to this flag and the next flag which is all relics.

My current state of leftovers:
ste1y9proryv.png
kugt69ndxu00.png

Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• You’re one closer than me, with 34 <g12 on my roster. Although I’m probably disqualified as I buy the conquest pass every month.
  • You’re one closer than me, with 34 <g12 on my roster. Although I’m probably disqualified as I buy the conquest pass every month.

Booooo, good time saver though.
  • Oh btw, I'm at 28 left. One line is in repetition in the pics.
  • Nice one. How long do you take to reach that?

I consider myself as f2p too. Only bought HDB and nothing else.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Nice one. How long do you take to reach that?

I consider myself as f2p too. Only bought HDB and nothing else.

I'm a 2nd week player. Just a week lost at launch. And there is a 4-5 months break before gl era. Most that are in close state would be day-1 and arena top f2p. No arena top or later start f2p shouldn't be too far off either though. This close was unthinkable for me merely a year ago.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    I'm down to my last 10 activated toons below G12+3.
    Before the end 2023, my goal is to finish getting every activated toon to G12+3 and hopefully, to zeta every activated toon. Only 28 zetas left!

My un-activated toon list is: Doctor Aphra, Jabba The Hutt, Lord Vader, Rey Skywalker (I'm not calling her just "Rey") & Third Sister (Reva)
  • I'm down to my last 10 activated toons below G12+3.

Whoah, that's very few. You made a point of getting rid of g12- for a while?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

You bet I did.
    GP Bloat --> This is the way!

Still to be done: 0-0-0, 50R-T, Boushh (Leia Organa), BT-1, Fennec Shand, Hondo Ohnaka, Krrsantan, Sana Starros, Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian), Wrecker

You bet I did.
    GP Bloat --> This is the way!

Still to be done: 0-0-0, 50R-T, Boushh (Leia Organa), BT-1, Fennec Shand, Hondo Ohnaka, Krrsantan, Sana Starros, Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian), Wrecker

I see, so your run is down to shard farming and unlocking rather than gear completion.
  • Oof.

After the doubling of sub-g12 gear (other than Kyros) I've been contemplating going all-g12 myself. I knew I was a ways away, but I thought I would just take a look at what I need.

Turns out I need **62** toons to be brought from g8-g11 up to g12. That's way way worse than I thought.

I'm going there with you, @MaruMaru . Going to take me a lot longer to get there, but with the new gear economy, I still think I can take every toon released on or before July1/2023 to g12 by Dec 31/2023.

Might be quicker than that, I don't know. We'll have to see how long it really takes for these things. At least now I have a reference point: 62 in the last week of December. The end of Feb/beginning of March should be long enough to estimate time remaining.
  • @MaruMaru back on topic…

How much are you prioritising the project? I’ve always wanted a g12 floor, but any time a new GL comes around, or things like r7 Inquisitors for Reva, I find myself putting all purple gear characters on hold again.

I have 8 g11 toons, and I just checked that I could take all of them to g12 today, and still have a healthy amount of carbs, cuffs and guns. But I’m not going to.
  • @MaruMaru back on topic…

How much are you prioritising the project? I’ve always wanted a g12 floor, but any time a new GL comes around, or things like r7 Inquisitors for Reva, I find myself putting all purple gear characters on hold again.

I have 8 g11 toons, and I just checked that I could take all of them to g12 today, and still have a healthy amount of carbs, cuffs and guns. But I’m not going to.

The love they gave the pre-g12 gear is going to help lots of teams in the game. For the longest time my BH bossk used a g11 greef. G12 now. G12 has greatly helped the team giving him access to my fastest mods. It really helps the contract and Mando. I think there is a large % of accounts in the 2 to 6 million gp range that have lots of "would-be" viable teams like that
  • How much are you prioritising the project? I’ve always wanted a g12 floor, but any time a new GL comes around, or things like r7 Inquisitors for Reva, I find myself putting all purple gear characters on hold again.
    I know this question wasn't originally directed toward me, but this is my answer:

Since new toons require lots of kyros, my TOP priority is always the latest shiny toy, but I can get all the sub-g12 gear so much faster than kyros that any time (in the future) I'm at a gear tier where I'm waiting on kyros I will dump core gear on other toons. If the next tier doesn't include kyros and I happen to get stuck on core gear for a couple days, well, I won't worry about it for 2 reasons:

1. It will never take long to fill a sub-g12 gear tier that doesn't require Kyros, even if you have zero gear salvage entering that tier (which will never happen) There are just too many sources of sub-g12 gear now, even core gear. So getting "stuck" in this way should be both rare and rapidly over, and
    2. If I was stuck for Kyros at a sub-g12 tier, I'm going to need at least a few days to gather the 100 Kyros to finish g12 and take them to g13. For that reason, it's not really going to matter if I spend those days stuck at g10 or stuck at g12 -- either way the hot new shiny toy isn't useful until relic'd, and for most shiny new toys they aren't important enough for me to pre-plan their exact gear required and save it up, etc.

This approach, then, allows me to drop extra gear (including core gear) on older toons that require no Kyros any time my main project is stalled for a couple days, and to do it **without** doing the sort of record keeping and planning and paperwork that makes the game tedious.

Before now I might still drop spare gear on older toons, but only **after** doing the research to make sure I have all the gear needed for my primary project saved up. The speed of acquiring core gear isn't going to speed up how fast I gear those new shinies, but it does relieve some of the feeling of doing paperwork. That's the best part of the new gear economy for me.
    I see, so your run is down to shard farming and unlocking rather than gear completion.

You bet!

The final 10. Feels good. :)
    96na8f0dk629.png
  • How much are you prioritising the project? I’ve always wanted a g12 floor, but any time a new GL comes around, or things like r7 Inquisitors for Reva, I find myself putting all purple gear characters on hold again.
    I know this question wasn't originally directed toward me, but this is my answer:

Since new toons require lots of kyros, my TOP priority is always the latest shiny toy, but I can get all the sub-g12 gear so much faster than kyros that any time (in the future) I'm at a gear tier where I'm waiting on kyros I will dump core gear on other toons. If the next tier doesn't include kyros and I happen to get stuck on core gear for a couple days, well, I won't worry about it for 2 reasons:

1. It will never take long to fill a sub-g12 gear tier that doesn't require Kyros, even if you have zero gear salvage entering that tier (which will never happen) There are just too many sources of sub-g12 gear now, even core gear. So getting "stuck" in this way should be both rare and rapidly over, and
    2. If I was stuck for Kyros at a sub-g12 tier, I'm going to need at least a few days to gather the 100 Kyros to finish g12 and take them to g13. For that reason, it's not really going to matter if I spend those days stuck at g10 or stuck at g12 -- either way the hot new shiny toy isn't useful until relic'd, and for most shiny new toys they aren't important enough for me to pre-plan their exact gear required and save it up, etc.

This approach, then, allows me to drop extra gear (including core gear) on older toons that require no Kyros any time my main project is stalled for a couple days, and to do it **without** doing the sort of record keeping and planning and paperwork that makes the game tedious.

Before now I might still drop spare gear on older toons, but only **after** doing the research to make sure I have all the gear needed for my primary project saved up. The speed of acquiring core gear isn't going to speed up how fast I gear those new shinies, but it does relieve some of the feeling of doing paperwork. That's the best part of the new gear economy for me.

On that note, if we end up playing for a while the end of kyro bottleneck isn't years away far off either anymore.

55dgutefeyjd.png

I won't push there like I'm pushing for g12, I have no intention of dropping kyros when not needed. But getting closer yields 2 things:
    - With no need to farm kyros from ls/ds and simply accumulating from other currencies it boils down to signal data and relic mats.
    - Electrium conductors aren't so much of an issue than the higher ones, doubt I'll need to farm those. Zinbiddles are all fleet. I'm already getting into corners where I farm mk 12 hololens for the sole purpose of scavenger. Impulse are all ls/ds. These will replace my kyro farming. Gryda are all fleet again. CG certainly calculated these outcomes to not allow easy and variant solutions to use up overheads beyond conductors. Everything above is also frequently used up in g12+.
  • Gryda are all fleet again.

Gyrdas appear to me to be cheaper to just purchase with crystals, so that's been my approach: farm needed g12 gear in Fleet, buy Gyrdas.
  • Gryda are all fleet again.

Gyrdas appear to me to be cheaper to just purchase with crystals, so that's been my approach: farm needed g12 gear in Fleet, buy Gyrdas.

Yea, similar for me so far. But we are not over the hurdle yet and not doing it en masse. When we get to amp up the pace both sources will become invaluable.

I did the math for whale store vs. farming some time ago. Whale store was more profitable in most cases but it wasn't far off. I did the math for get-3 recently (using the comparison with kyro value vs. kyro farming value); conductor and impulse has a little worse than kyros, but close, zinbiddle and grydas are far more costly and not profitable in this sense (can still be considered a good buy since we are severely bottlenecked on them).
  • conductor and impulse has a little worse than kyros, but close, zinbiddle and grydas are far more costly and not profitable in this sense (can still be considered a good buy since we are severely bottlenecked on them).

Yeah, I've been buying Zimbiddles not because of the relative value, but just because I've been r7'ing a whole whack of toons lately (read: 5x Inqs for Reva in just the last 2 weeks)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Stop at 12? Why that gold frame is hideous.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Stop at 12? Why that gold frame is hideous.

I like the gold frame, I've been programmed to perceive purple as bad xD
  • Can we cut this out or do I need one more call for moderation? I don't understand why it's so hard to respect a simple wish.
  • idk - "F2P" is in the Topic.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    idk - "F2P" is in the Topic.

Have you read past the first 3 letters?
  • Nice work to only have 10 to go. I'm sitting on 12, with another 6 that are yet to get to 7*.

For the past few years, the aim was to get every toon to a certain gear level as a minimum. In 2020, it was g9, 2021, g10 and then this year, I aimed for g11. Didn't think I was going to get there, but snuck in yesterday.

My roster is absurdly bloated, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Screerider wrote: »

Does it get better?
  • Screerider wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »

Does it get better?

No promises.
  • @MaruMaru All G12 project is a moving target as the new character release won’t make G12 for a while. Right now I am all G11 or above. 17 G11, 29 G12 and 191 G13. So I can claim all G11 project completed.
  • Out of interest, how long does it take some of you end-game f2ps to farm the shards to take new marquee characters to 7*, as a rough measure after the initial event. 3/4 months? I assume that’s actually the hurdle to get them past g11 or is it the kyros needed at lower gear for all the new toons?
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    Out of interest, how long does it take some of you end-game f2ps to farm the shards to take new marquee characters to 7*, as a rough measure after the initial event. 3/4 months? I assume that’s actually the hurdle to get them past g11 or is it the kyros needed at lower gear for all the new toons?
    I almost always* do 15 sims a day on newly released units. I rarely go above this, and occasionally dip below this if, for example, it’s one of 3 requirements for an event and there seems little point in rushing to finish the first one when the 3rd one is still at 5 stars.

We need 280 shards following the marquis, so you need to do ~840 sims.

At 15 a day it should take around 56 days, give or take.

* BT-1 has been a rare exception. I was doing my ticket farm for Jabba when he and 0-0-0 landed on nodes, so I decided to just do 5 a day on BT-1 until the ticket farm finished. BT-1 is currently 42 shards behind 0-0-0.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I just made one more G12. So now I just have these 18 toons either unlocked or G11. k761qc1jtu3w.png

191 G13, 29 G12, 16 G11 and 2 unlocked.

@MaruMaru all G11 project is easier to complete and maintain. All G12 will always be stopped by all the new marquee toons
This discussion has been closed.