Assault battles

I am trying to build a roaster around the assault battles.
For forest moon and rebel roundup imp troopers seams great.
Ground war will be jedis and military might cls.
What I have been able to read, a sith team with palp L is the way to go for places of power. But do you need the sith empire toons?
Or can I bring a team like palp L, nihilus, vader, darth maul and dooku?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I haven't heard of anyone beating the highest challenge tier with Maul and Dooku. In fact, aside from unlock requirements for GLs, those two aren't priority farms. The Sith Empire team is an excellent choice all around for the game, but just Assault Battles.
  • Dooku isn't a bad shout in a sith team, as his counter allows him to recover protection and the debuffs and chance for stunning help the palp TM train. The shock is good too. I managed it without any of the Sith emp toons but had SEE in their place. Palp, SEE, Nihilus, Vader & Dooku. For ground war and jedi, JKL is pretty much an absolute requirement with his lead, but can then be done with relatively low gear/relic reqs.
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    I managed it without any of the Sith emp toons but had SEE in their place. Palp, SEE, Nihilus, Vader & Dooku. For ground war and jedi, JKL is pretty much an absolute requirement with his lead, but can then be done with relatively low gear/relic reqs.

SEE is my next stop after my jmk. So will absolutly go for your lineup.
    Was hoping jmk would steamroll ground war, but seams it was made for jkl tbh.
  • nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    SEE is my next stop after my jmk. So will absolutly go for your lineup.
    Was hoping jmk would steamroll ground war, but seams it was made for jkl tbh.

You can get CT2 complete at 3* with JMK, but it'll take a bit of RNG to get there and you've no chance at CT3, whereas using JKL is just about getting the timing right with strategy even on the last tier. Good units alongside JKL are for the AB are GMY, Hermit Yoda, Jedi Revan and either a tank or someone else to call assists. Keep in mind that only non-OR jedi can help the cooldown on JKLs granted ability.

Imp troopers are a great team all around and can max two ABs with the right zetas, so that's a great shout. You'll absolutely need Veers lead and Piett. Gideon is good as he can be very fast and has some TM manipulation, Range gets things rolling with his calling of assists and then its up to you between dark and starck. Both are good options although dark is arguably better in the rest of the game starck is a req for SEE.
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    Imp troopers are a great team all around and can max two ABs with the right zetas, so that's a great shout.

I was thinking of going veers, Piett, starck, Moff Gideon and Range Trooper.