Overhauling TW

Papa_Palpatine
1 posts Member
edited January 24
I think with a little effort CG could make Territory wars one of the most exciting game modes to play. Im sure the logistics are a nightmare but I propose CG expand TW into a 3 guild struggle for power. Leave the zones the same and let us attack both opposing guilds at the same time.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I can't wrap my head around how this would work
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TW matchmaking already struggles trying to find an even matchup between 2 guilds. 3 sounds like a nightmare.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I can't wrap my head around how this would work

I would assume like the Disney game, since that's how their 'TW' works.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Since I've never played it I still don't get it.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

It's been a while, but it was a triangular field. Each guild set defenses, and at the start you attack. Clearing a territory means it's now yours, and you gain points for holding it for so long. Don't remember what happens to defenses when you take over a territory. Similar to Forge of Empires if you ever played that.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

It's been a while, but it was a triangular field. Each guild set defenses, and at the start you attack. Clearing a territory means it's now yours, and you gain points for holding it for so long. Don't remember what happens to defenses when you take over a territory. Similar to Forge of Empires if you ever played that.

I thought of a triangular field but OP said "leave the zones the same"
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Oh, yeah, that wouldn't really work. If you're going to add a third guild you have to change the map.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Oh, yeah, that wouldn't really work. If you're going to add a third guild you have to change the map.

They don’t have to change the map but of course it may be easier to change the map completely than overhaul the framework to change the angle at which you see the TW board.
  • This is probably the worst idea ever, why would you let 2 guilds gang up on another one? The top level of the TW would just be alliances ganging up on single guilds.
  • For an average guild, I believe that would cut win rate to 1/3 of their current rate.
    Of course, I'm probably making way too many assumptions not the least of which the matchmaking system is sophisticated and use sound quantitative logic sorting.

Regardless of flawed assumptions, No thanks if it means a consistent mathematical reduction to average guild win rate.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I like it.... When one guild tries to sandbag for droid brains, the other two can join forces and beat up on them.... lol
This discussion has been closed.