Upcoming Grand Arena player - asking for advice

Prev1
StickSurfer
297 posts Member
edited January 2023
I'm currently at level 84, but if my math is correct, I'll reach level 85 tomorrow, and with it, Grand Arena.

Is there anything I should focus on for Grand Arena or what squads should I develop? Which Grand Arena Omicron should I get first?

(Additionally, what is the drop rate of Omicron Mats in those 3 Cantina Battle Nodes?)
Hello there.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Drop rate is very low. I saw some tracked data and I want to say it was around 1%. Primary source of omis will be getting at least box 8 in the galactic challenges.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Guess I'm waiting two more weeks to get 4 more Omicron Mats to Omicron my first ability.
    Hello there.
  • \
    Is there anything I should focus on for Grand Arena or what squads should I develop? Which Grand Arena Omicron should I get first?

Ships Ships Ships. Focus on Ships.

If I start fresh in GAC, the QGJ omicron would be the first one I would get. Such a low investment with high impact. Next maybe ZAM or Traya (if you got her).
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    All good advice. Personally, if you have Wampa, I’d think about an omicron early on - she can solo a whole bunch of teams & help shift tricky ones like Iden or Mon Mothma. Iden of course is a good choice as her team doesn’t need to be geared too high. Also the Admiral Raddus omicron is great for clearing General Veers imperial troopers with a low geared Rogue One squad. But yeah, Qui Gonn was my first choice too as it gives you a pretty useful defence team
  • Wampa will be difficult for me to get: I am in a guild all by myself (not including 3 inactive people) and most I can get from Territory Battles is 2700 GET (10 Shards per battle; will take 7 months to get Wampa). Admiral Raddus I think I can try getting, though the fact he isn't accelerated will make things difficult (I had to unlock marquee events on the day that the Raddus event ended).

What's a quick way to get 17 Zeta materials? Other than me needing ~12 more days to get a total of 20 Omicron materials, that's the only thing stopping me from getting an Omicron on Qui-Gon.

Are all players automatically pulled into Grand Arena when an event starts or do you have to manually join it? The phrasing of the Grand Arena introduction really seemed like the former.
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Find a real guild immediately.
  • StickSurfer
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Is there another option other than that? I've just set up some Guild Advertisements + I cannot find a Guild that has requirements that I can fit in.
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    If you want to progess, no, that's the only option.

There should be plenty of real guilds that will take any level though, they're just looking for 600 tickets a day to launch raids.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Are all players automatically pulled into Grand Arena when an event starts or do you have to manually join it? The phrasing of the Grand Arena introduction really seemed like the former.

No you have to manually join (once a week). And you have to attack at least once (win or lose) each round in order to receive rewards.
  • For those Territory Battle achievements that are "get x stars," is that for over time, or in a single Territory Battle?
    Hello there.
  • Is there another option other than that? I've just set up some Guild Advertisements + I cannot find a Guild that has requirements that I can fit in.

Place an ad here and good luck!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258481/players-looking-for-guilds-september-2022-read-rules-in-first-post-before-posting#latest
  • TVF wrote: »

No you have to manually join (once a week). And you have to attack at least once (win or lose) each round in order to receive rewards.

If your opponent defeats your setups (since all I have rn are some mediocre teams; my good squads are being saved up to sweep through wins), do you lose anything? Also, what would the average Crystal yield be for a Carbonite League player?
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

If your opponent defeats your setups (since all I have rn are some mediocre teams; my good squads are being saved up to sweep through wins), do you lose anything? Also, what would the average Crystal yield be for a Carbonite League player?

You don't lose anything - but you get more crystals and other stuff for winning a round than you do for losing.

Not sure about your second question, I know there's some charts floating about somewhere. swgohevents discord might know.
  • So does that mean losing on offense is better than winning on defense?
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't understand that question
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Don’t overthink it OP. GAC is pretty straightforward. If you have time, look at swgoh.gg to see the lists of best attack and defence teams for the past few GACs and also use their crib sheet to see what the current best counters are to your opponent’s teams. If you sign up, deploy reasonably sensibly (ie a reasonable spread across attack & defence ) and use proven counters where possible you will almost certainly win c. 50% of your battles or better - which is kind of what you’d hope to achieve. That means it’s possible to have runs of bad luck of course when you lose two or three matches in a row but that is par for the course - and most importantly you get crystals for participation so it’s never a fruitless job to just pile a team in even when they are up against it
  • TVF wrote: »

Okay uh, so regardless of outcomes on Grand Arena defense, you don't lose or gain anything?
    Hello there.
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Don’t overthink it OP. GAC is pretty straightforward. If you have time, look at swgoh.gg to see the lists of best attack and defence teams for the past few GACs and also use their crib sheet to see what the current best counters are to your opponent’s teams. If you sign up, deploy reasonably sensibly (ie a reasonable spread across attack & defence ) and use proven counters where possible you will almost certainly win c. 50% of your battles or better - which is kind of what you’d hope to achieve. That means it’s possible to have runs of bad luck of course when you lose two or three matches in a row but that is par for the course - and most importantly you get crystals for participation so it’s never a fruitless job to just pile a team in even when they are up against it

Would most counters apply in the most basic league, or, because it's the most basic league, could I just sweep through with a pretty powerful character and try to get as much as I can?

Is it possible to get at least 1 Zeta material in somewhat of a daily basis in Carbonite League?
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Okay uh, so regardless of outcomes on Grand Arena defense, you don't lose or gain anything?

Still not entirely sure what you are asking. You get banners for setting defense and then how you perform on offense. Higher banners wins the round.
  • Oh so that's how it works. Thanks.
    Hello there.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member

Still not entirely sure what you are asking. You get banners for setting defense and then how you perform on offense. Higher banners wins the round.

Actually, while you get banners for setting defense in Territory Wars, you do NOT get banners for setting defense in GAC any longer. Setting defense merely prevents your opponent from getting as many banners, (hopefully). You only get banners for defeating squads with attacks, killing enemies AND ten banners for making your first attack, regardless of what that attack accomplishes. Since you have to score at least ten banners to receive rewards for the round, be sure to conduct at least one attack each round. Even if you have no chance of winning, that one attack will ensure you get rewards, (no retreating; see it through to the end).
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jkane wrote: »

Actually, while you get banners for setting defense in Territory Wars, you do NOT get banners for setting defense in GAC any longer. Setting defense merely prevents your opponent from getting as many banners, (hopefully).

You're right, I just flashed back to the old GAC system for a bit.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Jkane wrote: »

Actually, while you get banners for setting defense in Territory Wars, you do NOT get banners for setting defense in GAC any longer. Setting defense merely prevents your opponent from getting as many banners, (hopefully).

You're right, I just flashed back to the old GAC system for a bit.

As a child of the 70's, I have occasional flashbacks too.....
  • Is there another option other than that? I've just set up some Guild Advertisements + I cannot find a Guild that has requirements that I can fit in.

once you hit 85 you may be able to
  • So does that mean losing on offense is better than winning on defense?

win it all ;) don’t worry they should start you with some easy stuff
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »

Is it possible to get at least 1 Zeta material in somewhat of a daily basis in Carbonite League?

Nope.

Also, what would the average Crystal yield be for a Carbonite League player?

You will get 50 per day from carb V, which you will be in. Other than that, daily goals and your winnings from GAC. I’m assuming you aren’t top 50 in fleet.
  • StickSurfer
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2023

Also, what would the average Crystal yield be for a Carbonite League player?

You will get 50 per day from carb V, which you will be in. Other than that, daily goals and your winnings from GAC. I’m assuming you aren’t top 50 in fleet.

Just realized the game put me in Carbonite IV rather than V, thus giving me 60 per day. (Is this normal?) In top 300 in Fleet Arena, since having Gear level 8 characters (plus 3 Gear level 9 ones) that have high stats for crew apparently still gives weak ships?! (My Tie Advanced has like 6 bars of health despite a Gear Level 9 Vader. Meanwhile, my Tie Bomber, which is at the same level as Advanced, has more health than all of the other ships in my fleet combined.)
    Hello there.
  • Jkane wrote: »

As a child of the 70's, I have occasional flashbacks too.....

If it weren't for flashbacks I'd have no memory at all..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

• Just realized the game put me in Carbonite IV rather than V, thus giving me 60 per day. (Is this normal?) In top 300 in Fleet Arena, since having Gear level 8 characters (plus 3 Gear level 9 ones) that have high stats for crew apparently still gives weak ships?! (My Tie Advanced has like 6 bars of health despite a Gear Level 9 Vader. Meanwhile, my Tie Bomber, which is at the same level as Advanced, has more health than all of the other ships in my fleet combined.)

Your initial placing in a league is determined by your GP. After that you move up and down the ladder purely on wins or losses - regard of GP (you’ll see a few threads where this remains a bone of contention). So your roster was strong enough for your initial seeding to be bumped a division

Finding a good guild is very important, even if the guild is full with people around your level or below, you'll advance faster by getting more rewards from TB and raids, plus 25 people are needed for TW participation.