When will CG start taking cheating seriously again?

Prev13456789
Reopening this thread as we failed to get any proper feedback from complaints raised. Please do NOT post ally codes or player names as CG might use this as an excuse to remove the thread again and ignore abd maybe even hide that their game is infested with bad actors.

We track people that are known cheaters and pretty much no one has been banned in weeks. I know CG has been on holiday, but it's getting out of control.
There's 56 obvious cheaters that we've started tracking since December 1st. 5 have been banned or quit playing. Overall we know of 194 cheaters that haven't been banned that we've been tracking since May.
How does CG plan to investigate all of these people? From what I've heard, neither of the 2 people that we're supposed to report cheaters to works at CG anymore. Some one that knows LucifersDaddy contacted him and he said he quit EA last January.
These cheaters are causing players to lose crystals and other resources on a daily basis. CG has also said people can be reimbursed if you lose to a cheater. I've never heard of a single instance where that has been the case. Something major needs to change.

Since this post was originally been made, about 210 cheaters have neen identified

Replies

• Did they ever really?
    They’ve dropped the ball on cheaters and I don’t see that changing any time soon.
  • They keep saying they’re doing something about it, but the lack of transparency and the increase in forum posts highlighting the lack of urgency regarding cheating suggests otherwise. I’ve yet to see a dev actually comment on this, only EA employees saying to message @CG_LucifersDaddy.
  • Didn't they say to send it to @CG_Leviathan now?
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Didn't they say to send it to @CG_Leviathan now?

Who knows. That’s how little clarity they’ve provided.
  • So you saying there many players breaking EA’s TOS and nothing is being done about it. Doesn’t sound promising for the gaming community.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Yeah, we don't need any feedback from forum mods, what we need is @CG_Leviathan or someone responsible for this matter to at least say something. Being silent about it signals they can't/won't do anything, and at the point everyone should just keep their money out of the game.
    Post edited by ZurinFet on
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Didn't they say to send it to @CG_Leviathan now?

In another post about cheating that got closed.

While I do appreciate that Mako took the time to post the comment, in a case like this it should be a pinned extra post for every(new) member easy to find. Maybe then all the extra threads asking what should be done would not get posted.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Yes, everyone knows how to report cheating in-game and in the forums, that's not the issue, the issue is that those channels aren't working at all and something needs to change. And before change, they need to acknowledge the problem.
  • Well clearly not everyone/i] knows or else we wouldn’t have all the threads titled ‘how do I report a cheater?’ However the main problem I can see is the lack of feedback when you do take the time to report a scamp. There’s know acknowledgment from CG (& there used to be) & no way of seeing if/when any action is taken. With this being the case, the only observable evidence is if you see a reported cheater in game continuing their scampy ways. That tends to confirm a general belief that nothing’s being done - even if that isn’t actually the case. So, until CG changes its policy & starts showing an interest, the frustration will continue and the ‘nothing is being done’ narrative will be the dominant one.

As ever the ball is squarely in their court and they really need to give a flying fudge. Personally I think appalling customer care & contempt for the player base is a much bigger problem than the cheaters
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Yes, everyone knows how to report cheating in-game and in the forums, that's not the issue, the issue is that those channels aren't working at all and something needs to change. And before change, they need to acknowledge the problem.

True.

In a game with this size to have only 1! person on the forums you can report this to is already telling enough. Nevermind the fact that those whom use this, never get to know if their dm even got read, let alone if something got done.
    I don't even want to get started about the compensation noone gets.
  • Ps sorry about the italics - something slipped with the code
  • We had a player in our squad arena shard get banned for cheating for a few weeks, was allowed back in the game and then continued to cheat again… but the amazing design of this game if you’ve reported them once then the button is grey’d out and you can’t report them in game again.
  • It seems that people don't realize that being reactive about cheating in this type of game catches only the most blatant, least intelligent cheaters.

Imagine you have a very unreliable counter to a very good TW defense team. It works in one battle out of fifteen. Nobody will ever notice that it works every single time you use it because you help it a little by cheating.

It's tragic that they don't do anything even about the blatant, reported cheaters, but even if they did, what's the point? Anyone who can search on google, has ten minutes of time and very, very little bit of intelligence can cheat without being ever noticed and reported.

I'm playing about nine months. Bought HDB and few fleet packs during first three months, but stopped spending on the game when I realized they are not proactive about cheating.
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    It should be easy for them to ban / kick automatically a cheater if their code was rigorously tested (or can be tested) and more specifically their RNG algorithm by computing the inverse function BUT as a while ago intern post were opened (about cheating) on CG/EA career/job page, I assume their RNG algorithm is messy (or worse data client dependent) or they simply do not own the source code of the RNG algorithm.
  • This is something that should be easy for them to take care of. They could auto flag cheaters. It should be relatively simple to do checks for data outside the bounds of what is possible with legit play. You'd like to believe they already have something they could tweak/repurpose with existing unit tests... cue the laughter.
  • Georgee wrote: »
    It seems that people don't realize that being reactive about cheating in this type of game catches only the most blatant, least intelligent cheaters.

This. We find an alarming number of cheaters DAILY, and all of those are extremely obvious, imagine all the ones that we can't easily detect.

Newer accounts often cheat blatantly because they want that rank 1 fleet/arena, they wanna climb GAC fast, they want character unlocks. Its soooo easy to detect.

By the time they are at 4m + GP, it starts to become way harder to notice.

We shouldn't have to wait a period of months for someone to act on a cheating report.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Yeah, we don't need any feedback from forum mods, what we need is @CG_Leviathan or someone responsible for this matter to at least say something. Being silent about it signals they can't/won't do anything, and at the point everyone should just cheat instead of spend any money in the game.

I understand the frustration, I'm in the same boat as you are but please refrain from encouraging or suggesting players to cheat, that is strictly against the terms of service (for a good reason, I'm sure you can agree)
  • I'm talking in hypotheticals, not encouraging bad behavior.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    lets not just bring up such a hypothetical at all, because you never know who will take it at face value and its a good way to prevent this thread from being purged
  • Ultra wrote: »
    lets not just bring up such a hypothetical at all, because you never know who will take it at face value and its a good way to prevent this thread from being purged

Post was edited, but be sure ill make a new thread if this ever get purged, this discussion should be front page here everyday until someone says something.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    I do not wish to throw shade at anyone, but if even the mods are confused about the best way to approach this, I don't know what could be more telling... Mako wrote in a closed thread to report to Leviathan, now Ultra posted in another closed thread to report to Lucifersdaddy. Which one is it now?

• ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I do not wish to throw shade at anyone, but if even the mods are confused about the best way to approach this, I don't know what could be more telling... Mako wrote in a closed thread to report to Leviathan, now Ultra posted in another closed thread to report to Lucifersdaddy. Which one is it now?

Not sure, but what I'm sure of is that neither of these 2 individuals mentioned are currently taking care of this problem, and haven't been for a while. Which is why we started these threads in the first place.
    Post edited by ZurinFet on
  • Report to Leviathin. He also updated the forum rules and changed it there.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I do not wish to throw shade at anyone, but if even the mods are confused about the best way to approach this,

Who says the mods are confused on approaching this

EDIT: i have a copy/pasted template which i haven't updated! No confusions amongst us!
  • I don't see them taking cheating seriously, they are diverting more resources into LOTR and don't have the resources to allocate to this game and cheating, just my opinion.
  • I don't see them taking cheating seriously, they are diverting more resources into LOTR and don't have the resources to allocate to this game and cheating, just my opinion.

They were ignoring the cheating problems long before they started working on the LOTR game...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    When it starts to impact revenue. Until then, they dont care
  • 250+ mill Guilds who can’t do crancor are using these cheaters to complete it now. But still nothing gets done.
  • Fr there’s 5 guys in my alts shard with g5 toons beating g12 one’s, reported each numerous times and nothing has been done