Kit Reveal: Zorii Bliss

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2023
    LynxVJ wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I wonder if we will ever get back to the era of "having less than 200 words in a toon's kit".

Do you want to gear toons that are meh to r7?

Some of the recent toons might have long kits but each ability can be paraphrased to a one or two sentences, kits are very long to clear any confusion, so they are very very verbose now

I don't mind taking toons like Han Solo, CAT, Chewpio to r7. In fact, my Solo and CAT are already r7.

Where's this theory of "only charactets with verbose kits are good" coming from?

000 and BT don't but Aphra does (all very recent toons)
    Resistance Trooper, Poe, Finn, Rose don't but Zorii does (the suggested squad for her)

did i say only good characters have verbose kits?

because I didn't so yeah I'd like to know where you heard this theory from because it wasn't from me so not sure why you quoted me

but maybe you misread my post since it was more than 200 characters
  • Ultra wrote: »

I like the unexpectedness but the characters CG has been choosing are also interesting / are not exactly unknown to the community (although some might be even though they are very popular like Aphra)

I am sure there are much less unknown characters that community would be happy to see... Does this one have more than 5 minutes of screen time? In Star Wars, not Power Rangers I mean
  • Her animations remind me of Captain Rex. They're both so lazy and boring, an indie game with half SWGOH's budget could make something more visually appealing. Smh
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ratinira wrote: »

I like the unexpectedness but the characters CG has been choosing are also interesting / are not exactly unknown to the community (although some might be even though they are very popular like Aphra)

I am sure there are much less unknown characters that community would be happy to see... Does this one have more than 5 minutes of screen time? In Star Wars, not Power Rangers I mean

Yea i get that characters like Aurra Sing, Bossk, 4-LOM etc are better to introduce in game since they have a less than a minute of screentime and more screentime is bad

CG totally should release Babu Frik next
    I wonder if we will ever get back to the era of "having less than 200 words in a toon's kit".

Some of the recent toons might have long kits but each ability can be paraphrased to a one or two sentences, kits are very long to clear any confusion, so they are very very verbose now

I don't mind taking toons like Han Solo, CAT, Chewpio to r7. In fact, my Solo and CAT are already r7.

Where's this theory of "only charactets with verbose kits are good" coming from?

Resistance Trooper, Poe, Finn, Rose don't but Zorii does (the suggested squad for her)

because I didn't so yeah I'd like to know where you heard this theory from because it wasn't from me so not sure why you quoted me

I asked are we going to get toons with short (less than 200 words) kits.
    You said do you want to take meh characters to r7?
    So toons with short and simple kits are meh.
    So who's not meh? Toons that don't have short kits.
    Simple logic, no?

Btw I only ever say 200 words, not characters. Maybe read slower next time, so you don't misread others' posts?

These kits could certainly be more concise.
    The other issue is there are like 100 conditions on this kit and any time there's 1 condition the options for flexibility begin to close. More and more kits like this mean that you will only be able to use characters in their exact prescribed teams - who wants that?

But we have too. In r9. Thank you new TB operations

>> did i say only good characters have verbose kits?

Then why when it was said "I wonder if we will ever get back to the era of "having less than 200 words in a toon's kit" your first reaction was "Do you want to gear toons that are meh to r7"? Doesnt it means that you peresume that by default any character with short skill list will be "meh"?
  • Now there is hope for Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar as well @CG_Tusken_Meathead .. we haven't had a new Jedi in over a year now
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Not really seeing the need to lift non-Rey Resistance teams or revisit the sequels at all. There are faction that need lifting and eras that need exploring much more than that.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Not really seeing the need to lift non-Rey Resistance teams or revisit the sequels at all. There are faction that need lifting and eras that need exploring much more than that.

I like when they make prerequisite characters that spend their time on the bench useful.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I like that we're going back to Crait.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I like when they make prerequisite characters that spend their time on the bench useful.

This +1. It'll be nice to actually have a use for regular Poe and Rose (I actually use Finn and RT, but now they'll have a new home).I like how CG is thinking about the unused leftover toons and supplementing them to create full, useful squads with new character releases.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

This +1. It'll be nice to actually have a use for regular Poe and Rose (I actually use Finn and RT, but now they'll have a new home).I like how CG is thinking about the unused leftover toons and supplementing them to create full, useful squads with new character releases.

Yeah, eventually every unit in the game would have a good squad
  • It seems a lot of people hate Sequel characters regardless of the kit (not to mention people are trying put their own thoughts into what CG should be doing instead of new content).

Rise of Skywalker could've been better, but this does seem like a really good (and dangerous) character after reading the kit. Only complaint is that the kit appears to rely on stealth a lot, meaning that Mace Windu (especially under a Qui-Gon lead in GAC) would be an extreme counter.

Wonder if the Resistance Meta will change from this or whether we'll get a Resistance ship so that Raddus fleets can have more synergy.
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Don't see the problem with a marquee having a hard counter.
  • Judza44 wrote: »
    Some strange references to the Spice Girls. "Zorii's abilities Scary", "spice up your life", "Sporting Debuffs", "Posh bonuses". Odd capitalization as well. There were also five Spice Girls. Perhaps Red 5 coming soon?

If they make 5 updates in one month just for the teasers, I'll bash my head on the wall. How many teasers does a single unit even need?
    Hello there.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Judza44 wrote: »
    Some strange references to the Spice Girls. "Zorii's abilities Scary", "spice up your life", "Sporting Debuffs", "Posh bonuses". Odd capitalization as well. There were also five Spice Girls. Perhaps Red 5 coming soon?

If they make 5 updates in one month just for the teasers, I'll bash my head on the wall. How many teasers does a single unit even need?

five
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2023

Yea i get that characters like Aurra Sing, Bossk, 4-LOM etc are better to introduce in game since they have a less than a minute of screentime and more screentime is bad

Wookipedia tells me, that Bossk has been in 7 series on Clone Wars cartoon and Aurra in 8.
    I highly doubt that both of them where there for ~7 seconds to squize in "less than a minute"
    Even I remember Aurra there and I watched that cartoon with one eye while sleeping.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Wookipedia tells me, that Bossk has been in 7 series on Clone Wars cartoon and Aurra in 8.
    I highly doubt that both of them where there for ~7 seconds to squize in "less than a minute"
    Even I remember Aurra there and I watched that cartoon with one eye while sleeping.

I see we aren't using movies anymore since it shows how irrelevant they are

But lets give Zorii 30 years to see if she also gets 7 series since we are giving Bossk 30+ years of media appearances to make his argument
  • Laughs in Star Wars Holiday Special.
    Hello there.
  • Not interested in resistance this will be a hard pass

I see we aren't using movies anymore since it shows how irrelevant they are

But lets give Zorii 30 years to see if she also gets 7 series since we are giving Bossk 30+ years of media appearances to make his argument

Well, I don't know what you are using and what you don't. How should I? I assume that "screentime" is time on screen, without specification what is on that screen: movie, cartoon or else.
    And I also assumed that if character has 1% of movie time and 99% of cartoon time it will be very odd to look at it only from movie side. Well, unless you are extremely biased, of course, but I am sure you are not :-)

• Who is this even?
    Why bother with ANOTHER resistance character already...the sequel trilogy well has been tapped dry as far as worthwhile characters to include.
    This is a blah way to start the year off
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Disagree, I'm enjoying this immensely.
  • Seems potentially deadly with Finn and others, though R.I.P. Resistance Pilot and the Veteran Smugglers I guess. This won’t help me personally since the resistance isn’t my first choice of characters to upgrade, but I don’t expect every new release to help me anyway.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Who is this even?
    Why bother with ANOTHER resistance character already...the sequel trilogy well has been tapped dry as far as worthwhile characters to include.
    This is a blah way to start the year off

To be fair, there are a few worthwhile characters from the sequels we don't have yet - General Organa, Snoke and Pryde for example. But why would they introduce a one shot, plot device character who isn't even actually Resistence is beyond me. Probably as a cash grab prerequisite for something, gotta include something new to sell those packs...
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    But why would they introduce a one shot, plot device character

We have plenty of those also from the original trilogy, like Lobot, for example. And actually Boba Fett. Before the prequels he was less of a character than Zorii is. And there's a good chance we'll see more of her in future Star Wars projects