Rise of the Empire Feedback Thread

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Everyone who is asking for CMs to be worth more realizes they will do this and also raise the star goals in such a way that we all will get way less stars, right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pros - Reva shards, 24 hour phases

Cons- Will be awhile to max star
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Pros - Love mixed teams and the 24 hour phases

Cons - Impossibly ramped up enemies that can 1-shot a full relic team

Extremely repetitive, Dathomir for example is the same 10 minute phase after another 10 minute phase.

The planet mechanics make it a grind and a chore for little to no rewards. Honestly I get the same results hitting auto than I do by playing so what is my incentive to participate
  • Pros
    - Not a lot of waves so you can bang out the battles pretty quickly.
    - Mixed path is great

Cons
    - Content is not accessible for a majority of players since everything is locked behind certain relic levels.
    - Some battles are not tuned fairly
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    Goldane wrote: »
    This is basically a "Do you like me" note passed in class. You're not getting any real feedback from the player base like this. My response is to not respond by answering the survey.

Ask me how the 50 players in my guild feel about the last several months of releases. That would be more impactful.

The purpose of the survey I posted is to help get a visual aid for the information people are writing here.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    Would appreciate you folks answering these 2 questions!

https://forms.gle/MhupUuud47D9ZzyN6

What impact do you think this silly questionnaire will you get? The initial question in this thread was more meaningful than this questionnaire. Hope you take something out of the feedback posted in this thread to make ROTE better.

The purpose of the survey I posted is to help get a visual aid for the information people are writing here.
  • What do you think the pro's and cons are of RotE? The purpose of this question is to help the community get a visual aid for how you assess the success or failure in order to determine if you align with the community's sentiments or not.
  • We are a top 200 guild and have lost 8 multi year players in the last 2 events…

This event is fine, however SWGOH is becoming a massive grind!!! Something has got to give here.
  • Pro:
    Each planet hosts very different battles and that’s great. Some unique battles are awesome (LV solo, Geo monsters).

Con:
    a) There are too many similar battles in the same planet for my taste. Only geonosis doesn’t have this problem because the 3 monsters battles are unique enough to avoid boredom (played p1 to p3, maybe p4 and up battles are awesome).
    b) Operations affecting the territory they’re in. I have 24h to play TB, I don’t want to be pressured to connect at the beginning of the phase to fill operations because my guild mates who are available to play at this time won’t benefit from Operation because of me if i don’t.

Suggestion:
    Tier system battles that tell a story, just like what we have in journey guide events. Do this mission, if you succeed it opens up a second mission then a final mission. You could even mix space missions and ground missions.
  • wasd wrote: »
    add an exclusive unit to get3, get3 is nearly useless to players who have the conquest units and kam/wat (which is the vast majority of players who are doing well in roetb because of the absurd relic requirements)

edit: reformatted

I believe you can use get3 for impulse detectors, but not sure.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Pros:
    UI looks good, just needs some tweaks, like icons being a bit bigger.
    Map looks like it can be changed to hopefully avoid stale gameplay (looking at you LSGTB)

Cons:
    Battles are just GC's in TB clothing..almost everything here is recycled content. A couple of times playing through and I'm already dreading the next time I have to kill troopers 5x times while they mow down my JML or kill NS before they revive for the 1000 time.

Ship battles need to be looked at again. As said before, Scythe getting destroyed before taking a turn is just bad design, especially after the requirements just to get that ship. I really don't want to beat my head against the wall for 6-9 months waiting on the "solution" to these battles.

Relic requirements...enough said there, we need more relic mats. Its not fun to pause what I am working on so I can spend the resources on a toon I don't want to level for the guild.

Rewards can be raised some. Take out the trash gear in those boxes..Mk4 Carbs, Mk11 blastech...really?

I really hope there is something else on the horizon for us to do (sandbox, endless mode, entire community raid, deathstar raid, a dark dimension mode like MSF, etc) as I see doing this ROE over and over again will become stale much sooner than later.
  • A very simple request:

Please change the mission rewards for each mission to unique numbers, differing by more than say 100K. If you insist on the very bad mission rewards, that is up to you, but the people building tools would like to be able to determine which missions people completed, which is impossible currently.
  • Pros: multiple versions of battles is good. It's nice being able to use a starkiller team in TB. Nice to have more options to use the whole roster. The Dathomir missions with the 10 rounds is fun because it opens up more strategy rather than just brute force. Played the wookie mission for the first time, that was pretty fun even though I only cleared one wave.

Cons: DS fleets are stupidly overtuned. You took P4 LS Geo TB fleets, dropped them in, and said, "have fun!" because my fleet can't even take a turn before 1-2 ships are destroyed. Gotta fix that so it's more equivalent to the middle and LS fleets. Maybe turn down the "bonus / assist" attacks they do from 100% to what their actual kits say? Oh, along with the 100K offense they're sporting, among other things.

R8s and R9s in phase 2-3 shouldn't be getting ONE SHOT by your AI. The "mass assists" are excessive, but the fact that Iden, as an example, can do a basic and my Galactic Legend is just gone, is a bit excessive. Then she follows up with her AOE, or a mass assist and everyone else is gone. Again, before I can take a turn with my R7-9 teams.

Signal Data rewards are crap, it should be at least twice what it is now for each type. Even guilds at 36 stars got like 24, 14, and 12? It takes how many hundreds of each to level a character to R7, let alone R9? Up that, big time and stop creating MORE gear crunches while promising to ease the gear crunch. (Yes, G12 is easier now, but when you make everything R5+ required, your sub-G12 gear increases are meaningless.) If this is "end game" content for the future, at 30 stars you should be giving enough signal data for us to take a character to R5. 40 stars to R7. THAT would be actual end game rewards. Stop being stingy with rewards.

Overall: It's fun for the most part. The relic requirements are excessive, especially for the rewards we get, but it's fairly enjoyable. Especially compared to Geo TBs. Still a lot of tweaks you need to make, to the BENEFIT OF PLAYERS, not CG.
  • Pros: New content - yay! Love the art, the new scenery, the new challenges, new mechanics, the mixed zones. The tuning of *most* of the combat missions seems appropriate to respect my existing investment in my roster, which I appreciate. It very much does not feel that way in LS Geo even still.

Cons: Seriously, look at the tuning of the fleet missions, in particular dark side. In the middle and on the dark side my strongest fleets struggle, and obviously having scythe nuked turn 1 before I even get to do anything with it... as a player this is really confusing. If you don't want that ship in the fight, don't require it for the fight. I'm hoping that this is what is being investigated as per the "2 for the price of 1" post yesterday.

My biggest ask though would be that you give us more tools for managing this TB. I appreciate the GUI updates that were made, it just doesn't go far enough.

- let me set a points limit for a zone after which the zone shuts down as if it were 3* until an officer changes the limit
    - let me block squads we can't fill in operations to keep people from wasting characters

Managing TB is stressful - managing a brand new TB has been a part time job. I'm not having fun herding my cats. I want to have fun in the game too. Please give me and my officers the tools to properly manage deployments and platoons.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Coryn_Lann
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Pros: New content is appreciated, good rewards that are worth the effort.

Cons: RETB has way more missions to juggle, more remodding to do, imposes far more constraints on available units, much more complex Platoon management, and all of this is compressed into 24 hour phases whereas the Geonosis TBs had fewer moving parts and 36 hours per phase to work with. It makes it stressful and a chore and frankly a relief when the event is over, ESPECIALLY when TB coincides with Conquest which is also a time consuming and time-sensitive event.

The default in-app tools for account management are wildly insufficient to manage the content. If I didn't have patreon access to HotUtils to manage my mods, Rise of the Empire would have made me quit the game.

Suggestions:

Allow Squads to be linked to Mod Loadouts so that when I go to my "TB" tab of squads and load up my 5xJedi team for that combat mission, it automatically loads the mods necessary. This would be helpful for all PVE content.

Add an option for Whole-Roster-Loadout, to restore the prior array of mods after squad-specific mods have served their purpose.

Remove the Credit cost for swapping Mods for characters at G13, if not all characters entirely. It adds no value to the game. There are exactly two use cases for mod cost: either you're flush with credits and the cost is irrelevant, or you're at a low point and the constraint makes the game less fun, less playable, and success unnecessarily more difficult. There is no circumstance where it adds any positive interaction.

Give an option to fully block specific Platoons, Combat Missions, and Deployment, not just so that it would be a Rogue Action but that they can't click through and do it anyway.

• Gale_Toral
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Pros:

24 hour phases ensure that things don't get stale. Guilds suited for this TB generally have strong discord communities and so coordination in this timeframe is very possible.

CMs being secondary to Operations in regards to territory points. This removes significant amounts of rng needed for missions and really lets players feel that they are making a good decision in agreeing to relic certain units etc.

Further to the above point, a player can be 90%+ efficient in this TB just by deploying. This means they don't have to find a significant amount of time during their day to do TB battles. With everything else available to do in game, this is a positive.

GUI. It's nice, really nice.

Cons:

I think the only thing I really want to pick up on here was the sheer disappointment that I and some in my guild felt when we could finally attempt the phase 1 Mustafar fleet battle. To have my r7/7 full zeta Scythe take 2 hits and die is frankly not acceptable when 1) the enemy ALWAYS moves first and 2) the Scythe is apparently a very high priority target for the AI. Same for the Geonosis fleet battle. The only saving grace from this is that the CM doesn't matter in the grand scheme of achieving 3 stars here, but it is very disheartening after going through the grind of gearing up the Inquisitors, unlocking and gearing up Grand Inquisitor, and getting 3 Conquests passes.

I think the rest of it, in my opinion, is ok. Things like the Bracca battles are managable but you can't go in pressing buttons.
  • I like a lot of stuff with the Rise of the empire TB, like that you can use ls, ds and neutral tags in the same TB, that the Reva mission is a lot more forgiving than KAM and a lot more.

The major con that unfortunately ruin a lot of the experience is the 24 hour phases combined with the sheer amount of mission to play through. During work days it is very hard to be able to do them all in time without auto play most of them (the window to actually play missions is of course a lot less than 24 hours given that you have to place platoons, sleep, work, waiting for members to finish cm’s to be able to deploy etc). 36 hour phases with fewer missions would be very much preferable.
  • GET III economy is off right now.

Notably, 1 Omicron mat costs ~60% of what a top 10 guild earns for the whole TB. More omicrons sources are badly needed, but the cost of over half of your TB effort for 1 mat vs a Galactic Challenge that gives 2 mats is too far out of sync. I understand that the GET III omicrons are a secondary source, and are limited to 1 per week, but the pricing seems too high.

Also, GET III is supposed to help guilds and players tackle the high relic requirements for phases 4-6, but it doesn't do enough. Notably absent from the GET store are signal data of any sort and droid brains. Without spending cash or crystals, a top tier guild that goes .500 earns 12 droid brains from TW. So getting full r9 teams is YEARS away for even 10m+ accounts. We need a secondary source of droid brains at reasonable cost. And signal data is always in demand.
  • GET III economy is off right now.

Notably, 1 Omicron mat costs ~60% of what a top 10 guild earns for the whole TB. More omicrons sources are badly needed, but the cost of over half of your TB effort for 1 mat vs a Galactic Challenge that gives 2 mats is too far out of sync. I understand that the GET III omicrons are a secondary source, and are limited to 1 per week, but the pricing seems too high.

Also, GET III is supposed to help guilds and players tackle the high relic requirements for phases 4-6, but it doesn't do enough. Notably absent from the GET store are signal data of any sort and droid brains. Without spending cash or crystals, a top tier guild that goes .500 earns 12 droid brains from TW. So getting full r9 teams is YEARS away for even 10m+ accounts. We need a secondary source of droid brains at reasonable cost. And signal data is always in demand.
    GET III costs in the store is a rip off and needs to be adjusted. I have used any of mine as it just isn’t worth it.
    I rather have more GET I and II
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    GET III economy is off right now.

GET III costs in the store is a rip off and needs to be adjusted. I have used any of mine as it just isn’t worth it.

Using it is worth more than not using it once you hit the cap.
  • Sorry if it's already been addressed, but is it intended to have Fifth Brother included in the Tatooine platoon/operation when the Reva mission is in the same territory?
  • oXXo
    17 posts Member
    Please change something about the rewards. They are not satisfactory.
    Maybe change the system of rewards fundamentally.

The most exciting story would be if all can see at the end for the stars a tray of rewards where each part has a value. One item costs 2, another 0.5 or one costs 5 or 10, always according to the value. With 35 stars you can spend 35 points and choose your own mats. That would be exciting. Individual and would also promote communication in the guilds. It could then also be worked in the guilds together with the members specifically to develop the right toons.
    Maybe you can take something from this proposal and use it as a suggestion.
    best regards
  • TVF wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    GET III economy is off right now.

Using it is worth more than not using it once you hit the cap.

Heck of reason
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Sorry if it's already been addressed, but is it intended to have Fifth Brother included in the Tatooine platoon/operation when the Reva mission is in the same territory?

You will have 5 other Inquisitors to use.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Developers made a strategic decision to undermine the relic supply with the changes in December to salvage.
    (Under the guise of increasing g10 and below equipment drops. Which is clearly still heavily impacted by RNG. Basically the drop rate still sucks.)
    The developers then created a massive demand for relic mats with RotE relic requirements.
    With the obvious endstate of driving up gem or pack purchases to meet the relic demand requirements of this new TB. You aren't fooling anyone.

Do we like new content? The answer isn't so cut and dry as yes or no.

Do we want more surveys? Perhaps ones with more substance.

1) RotE will ultimately alienate lower level guilds and lower GP players unable to meet and keep up with the relic requirements under current relic drop rates.
    2) Current rewards do NOT justify the time and resources spent on r7 - r9 characters.
    3) RotE undermines game play and skill by prioritizing platooning and deploying over CMs.
    4) Layout and expansion concept is good.
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Sorry if it's already been addressed, but is it intended to have Fifth Brother included in the Tatooine platoon/operation when the Reva mission is in the same territory?

How reliable is the team without him?
  • TVF wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

How reliable is the team without him?

Good question, I guess the person who cant do the battle can donate and once all 50 people are ready for the battle then one person will find out. ;)
  • I like the new characters it brings and environments and the art is incredible however I feel the relic requirements are a little overkill at the very least make it r8 for later phases instead of r9
  • Pros: The visuals and interface are good.

Cons: I dislike the relic requirements to do combat missions or platoons.

Suggestions: I would need to play more before I have any suggestions.