CG_Tusken_Meathead
332 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 2023
cpfrieg3d74a.png

UNIT NAME: Admiral Trench
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Support, Separatist

Key Attributes:
  • Separatist leader who has direct synergy with Nute Gunray’s Extortion ability and Wat Tambor’s Tech abilities
  • Manipulates the flow of battle with an array of helpful buffs for his allies and debilitating debuffs for his foes
  • Works best alongside non-Droid and non-Geonosian Separatist allies, but still has synergy for all Separatist characters

Inspiration:
  • Admiral Trench is a Separatist admiral known for his ruthlessness and strategic prowess in the heat of battle. In Clone Wars we see him out maneuver Galactic Republic forces and control the flow of battle through his decisions and confident command of his flagship. We wanted to capture these aspects of Trench throughout his kit, not just with ability names but also in the way he controls his foes through Buffs and Debuffs
  • Trench had strong ties with other Separatist leaders as demonstrated in the show, particularly Wat Tambor, and that is reflected throughout his kit

Strategy Tips:
  • Jango Fett greatly benefits from having the Baktoid Shield Generator tech while under an Admiral Trench led team. Opening with this can give your team the starting advantage
  • Because the team will gain a great deal of Speed based on Extortion from Nute Gunray and Tech from Wat Tambor, both of those characters can benefit from higher Speed values to set yourself up for success

FAQ:
What is “Tech”? Does this refer to the character?
Trench’s callouts to “Tech” are not related to the Bad Batch character. They are referencing the Tech that is handed out by Wat Tambor: Chiewab Medpac, Baktoid Shield Generator, and BlasTech Weapon Mod
Is this the first Omicron on a basic ability?
Indeed!
How do I unlock Trench?
He is the latest Conquest character
Have a question about Admiral Trench’s Kit? Fill out this form here:
CLICK HERE
Question Deadline: 01/17/2023, 11:59 PM PT

ABILITIES:
BASIC: Unfinished Business (Omicron)
hhvey7ip8dgh.gif

Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy and Shock them for 2 turns. If the target was already Shocked, Stun them for 1 turn.

During Trench's turn, allies with Tactical Supremacy gain a Heal Over Time and a Protection Over Time (10%) for 2 turns.

While in Territory Wars: During Trench's turn: Inflict Ability Block on target enemy for 1 turn which can't be dispelled or resisted and reduce their Critical Damage by 20% (stacking) until the end of the encounter. If target enemy was already debuffed, remove 50% Turn Meter from them. Non-Droid Separatist allies recover 30% Health and Protection.

SPECIAL 1: Net Positive (Zeta) (Cooldown: 3)
rkd72zqugi4i.gif

Final Text: Dispel buffs, deal Special damage to target enemy, inflict Stagger for 2 turns and call all other non-Droid Separatist allies to assist.
Non-Droid Separatist allies gain Tactical Supremacy for 2 turns, which can't be copied. Trench gains Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns and other Separatist allies gain Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns.
Tactical Supremacy: +30% Critical Damage and Potency; recover 10% Protection at the start of turn; if dispelled, recover 40% Health then gain Advantage and Foresight for 2 turns at the end of that turn

Leader: Feared Tactician (Zeta, Omicron)

Final Text: Separatist allies have +30% Max Health, Max Protection, and Potency and they have +10% Speed (excludes Galactic Legend allies) for each ally with Tech and each enemy with Extortion.

- Whenever a Separatist ally inflicts a debuff on an enemy, they gain 20% Offense for 3 turns (stacking, limit once per turn). While a Separatist ally has a Tech, they have +100% Potency. When a non-Geonosian Separatist ally gains Baktoid Shield Generator Tech, they dispel Stealth from themselves and while they have Baktoid Shield Generator Tech, they are immune to Stealth and gain 100% Critical Avoidance and Defense.

- While a Separatist ally has a Heal Over Time, they have +30% Counter Chance, and while they have a Protection Over Time, they have +30% Defense Penetration. While an enemy has Burning, they can't assist, counter attack, or gain bonus Turn Meter.

- While in Territory Wars: Non-Droid Separatist allies have +50% Mastery, and +75% Max Health and Max Protection. Separatist allies with Tech can't have their turn meter reduced. Enemies with Extortion will be critically hit if able.

- Whenever an enemy dispels a debuff, Separatist allies gain 10% Turn Meter (limit once per turn). The first time each enemy is reduced below 100% Health (excluding summons), Separatist allies gain 20% Offense (stacking) and +5 Speed (stacking) until the end of the battle.

UNIQUE 1: I Smell Fear, and It Smells Good (Zeta, Omicron)
Final Text: At the start of battle, Admiral Trench loses 50% Max Health and gains that much Max Protection. While Trench is active, Separatist allies have +50% Potency. At the start of his turn, he gains a Protection Over Time (10%) for 2 turns. While Trench has Protection Up, he is immune to Buff Immunity and Healing Immunity.
The first time each enemy loses all Protection, at the end of that turn they are Feared for 1 turn which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted.
Whenever another non-Droid Separatist ally is damaged by an attack, defeated, or evades, Trench has a 50% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter (limit once per turn). Whenever an enemy dispels Protection Up from Trench, they are inflicted with Shock for 2 turns which can't be evaded or resisted.

While in Territory Wars: Whenever an enemy resists a debuff from a Separatist ally, they lose 10% Tenacity (stacking) and 10% Critical Damage (stacking) for 3 turns. The first time Trench's Health is reduced below 75%, he recovers 100% Health and gains Foresight, Protection Up (50%), and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. While a Separatist ally has a Heal Over Time, Health recovery on them is increased by 15%. While a Separatist ally has a Protection Over Time, Protection recovery on them is increased by 15%.
Allies with Tactical Supremacy have +25 Speed.

New Effects
Tactical Supremacy
+30% Critical Damage and Potency; recover 10% Protection at the start of turn; if dispelled, recover 40% Health and gain Foresight and Advantage for 2 turns

Relic: Swagger Stick
kcaq3i8t5gk7.png

Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• Well, seems like this will make me focus on conquest again
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Can the tw openers be bolded for easy reading?

Sorry about that, I think I got them all? Lemme know
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Given his lead gives mastery increase, I guess its safe to assume its expected for Trench teams to take out Galactic Legends in TW?
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Cool character :)
    -While in Territory Wars: Non-Droid Separatist allies have +50% Mastery, and +75% Max Health and Max Protection. Separatist allies with Tech can't have their turn meter reduced. Enemies with Extortion will be critically hit if able.

-Whenever an enemy dispels a debuff, Separatist allies gain 10% Turn Meter (limit once per turn). The first time each enemy is reduced below 100% Health (excluding summons), Separatist allies gain 20% Offense (stacking) and +5 Speed (stacking) until the end of the battle.
    The 2nd paragraph also applies to Territory Wars, correct?

• GRANDOLA wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Can the tw openers be bolded for easy reading?

Sorry about that, I think I got them all? Lemme know

Yep perfect! And to double check is it +10 speed or 10% speed on the leadership

Most certain that is 10%
    It is like a combination of both Jango and Nute lead, Nute lead gave 15% speed for each enemy with extorsion, I assume they intention is to simulate that speed gain on Nute lead
  • So I guess SEE needs his own lifter unit now?
  • So I guess SEE needs his own lifter unit now?
    He wears it on his back ;)
  • WCT1313
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    So are we expecting some kind of change to Wat tech or to Jango? Or am I missing something? Jango is not a tank, therefore won’t taunt. So I don’t see why putting that tech on him would give a benefit - Edit, nevermind, Dooku will put everyone else under stealth so you will have to attack Jango who has immunity
  • A TW Conquest character ? The last one sits alone in the Chamber of Conquest Characters I Didn't Unlock. I hope this one lives to the Conquest name, because the art team did a pretty good job.
  • Oh look, another DS thing. Just like the last 2 GLs, the last 2 legendaries, the last 2 DC sets, and five of the previous eight Conquest units. And most of the best omicrons.
  • DarthRevan66904
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    WCT1313 wrote: »
    So are we expecting some kind of change to Wat tech or to Jango? Or am I missing something? Jango is not a tank, therefore won’t taunt. So I don’t see why putting that tech on him would give a benefit - Edit, nevermind, Dooku will put everyone else under stealth so you will have to attack Jango who has immunity

Use Dooku's second special, it took me a minute to figure that one out. Edit - made before previous comment was edited
  • Well that’s disappointing, I really wanted something to do with the timeline of the new TW or a lifter unit for GL Luke. I don’t even know who this guys is.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    Oh look, another DS thing. Just like the last 2 GLs, the last 2 legendaries, the last 2 DC sets, and five of the previous eight Conquest units. And most of the best omicrons.

Galactic Republic can field JMK, 501st, QGJ and BB. A third Sep team doesn't seem out of place.
  • Well that’s disappointing, I really wanted something to do with the timeline of the new TW or a lifter unit for GL Luke. I don’t even know who this guys is.

Watch Clone Wars

Also, lifter unit for JML? I mean, I really do not get the people who says he is bad. Guy hits like a truck (literally 100K per turn on R9), what else do you want? lol
  • I'm leaning more toward putting the baktoid on Dooku to "tank" as he counters, gets a damage bonus on said counters, gets crit immunity, gains turn meter, regains protection, can't be countered or evaded, AND can inflict ability block and/or stun. All of that before Trench even gets involved.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Dak_Arno wrote: »
    I'm leaning more toward putting the baktoid on Dooku to "tank" as he counters, gets a damage bonus on said counters, gets crit immunity, gains turn meter, regains protection, can't be countered or evaded, AND can inflict ability block and/or stun. All of that before Trench even gets involved.

Damage immunity on Jango from the get go makes him a strong contender for the tank spot. But I guess we’ll see /shrug
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Dak_Arno wrote: »
    I'm leaning more toward putting the baktoid on Dooku to "tank" as he counters, gets a damage bonus on said counters, gets crit immunity, gains turn meter, regains protection, can't be countered or evaded, AND can inflict ability block and/or stun. All of that before Trench even gets involved.

Damage immunity on Jango from the get go makes him a strong contender for the tank spot. But I guess we’ll see /shrug

The problem is that you still need to get a turn with Dooku to get that strat going. It will be a little easier with the +10% speed boost from the first Wat Tech, but still he could be outrun by many teams.
    wrote:
    (excludes Galactic Legend allies)

Incoming Separatist GL?

• mariogsh wrote: »
    Well that’s disappointing, I really wanted something to do with the timeline of the new TW or a lifter unit for GL Luke. I don’t even know who this guys is.

Watch Clone Wars

Also, lifter unit for JML? I mean, I really do not get the people who says he is bad. Guy hits like a truck (literally 100K per turn on R9), what else do you want? lol

A quick Google search told me as much, I’ve seen a couple episodes but didn’t love it. I know where he is from, I’m just disappointed. I never said GL Luke was bad, but a lifter unit would be a lot more fun. Or someone like Cal Kestis. Another separatist is just boring.
  • @Obi_six_Kenobi

We need Trench's cap ship to beat some of these DS fleet battles. As always, the present the problem and then dangle the solution out of your reach. It is the nature of these games.

One of the nice things (for me) is that Trench would allow you to assemble a nice squad out of what are currently leftover pieces, but leftovers that are all high-relic b/c they've been required for GLs or cap ships. By taking just Trench to r7, I automatically have a strong squad for DS/Neutral RotE TB all the way through p3.

The downside, of course, is that now we need a lifter unit for SEE other than Wat. I hope that gets released very soon.
  • We need Trench's cap ship to beat some of these DS fleet battles. As always, the present the problem and then dangle the solution out of your reach. It is the nature of these games.

One of the nice things (for me) is that Trench would allow you to assemble a nice squad out of what are currently leftover pieces, but leftovers that are all high-relic b/c they've been required for GLs or cap ships. By taking just Trench to r7, I automatically have a strong squad for DS/Neutral RotE TB all the way through p3.

The downside, of course, is that now we need a lifter unit for SEE other than Wat. I hope that gets released very soon.

We needed Trench 2 years ago to be Cap Ship of Providence instead of the Mal that we got.
    GG could have been a pilot for that fighter ship of his.
    Would have been a better set up IMO.

I do like that we have a 16th Sep now so that you can give Assaj back to NS & still have a group.
    But your not wrong when you say Dooku, Wat, & Jango really had other homes, so it just came down to Nute moving over to GG & then having a homeless DDK to fill in somewhere.

I'm curious to see what this will do to GG teams going back to 5 droids for certain counters & also how things like See will work w/o Wat.

• Definitely needed another cap ship. i have so many regular fleet ships that I was beginning to wonder if CG ran out of the raw materials to make the cap ships anymore.

\s
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    Oh look, another DS thing. Just like the last 2 GLs, the last 2 legendaries, the last 2 DC sets, and five of the previous eight Conquest units. And most of the best omicrons.

Light Side still vastly outnumbers Dark Side, 133-108 (I believe).

We could get zero more light side characters and two more dark side characters every month for the rest of the year and LS would still have more.
  • Is this a separatist GL confirmation? : "Leader: Feared Tactician (Zeta, Omicron)
    Final Text: Separatist allies have +30% Max Health, Max Protection, and Potency and they have +10% Speed (excludes Galactic Legend allies) for each ally with Tech and each enemy with Extortion."
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    An admiral should get his capital ship, but there are not enough Separatist ships to even fill up one fleet and I can't see how they could pull another Executor and give him some tangentially related faction instead. It just doesn't add up, but that's not really surprising from CG...
  • So separatist GL inbound.

Specifically called out how the TM boost won't effect separatist GLs

Good character
  • Is this a separatist GL confirmation? : "Leader: Feared Tactician (Zeta, Omicron)
    Final Text: Separatist allies have +30% Max Health, Max Protection, and Potency and they have +10% Speed (excludes Galactic Legend allies) for each ally with Tech and each enemy with Extortion."

Maybe eventually. But it might be written and programmed this way just in case. Probably easier than changing it afterwards.
  • I was wondering who to put as my final Separatist character for a Separatist squad (particularly for getting Padme). Guess I know now.

Conquest though. How many Shards would I be able to get on Normal?
    Hello there.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    An admiral should get his capital ship, but there are not enough Separatist ships to even fill up one fleet and I can't see how they could pull another Executor and give him some tangentially related faction instead. It just doesn't add up, but that's not really surprising from CG...

I think Malevolence also has Droid synergy, though I might be misremembering that.

As far as I've seen so far, no Conquest character has had a ship. Where would his flagship even come from? Conquest again?
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I was wondering who to put as my final Separatist character for a Separatist squad (particularly for getting Padme). Guess I know now.

Conquest though. How many Shards would I be able to get on Normal?

None, at first. They get rotated to normal later. This last conquest had Ben Solo shards there.

EDIT: I'm thinking of the bonus rewards track. I'm not sure about the end crate. You can find the info for that with a little searching though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • When would the next Conquest start though?
    Hello there.