New conquest feats for Jan 2023

Prev1
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited January 2023
lzjupz4u1se3.png

Overall not terrible. For non sep droids, chewpio and the dr. Aphra droids can be massively helpful.

Figured hutt cartel would play a big role and as always inquisitors are forefront again.

However….why Ewoks? Especially that late in the sectors. That is so random and out of subject for this conquest. May as well write that feat off and 10 keycards lost already.

Feats like torture and fracture set at 50 is just way too grindy. Bring it down to 25/30 when there’s only one character that can do each one. (GI and GAT respectively).
Edit: Lord Dirt pointed out the new aphra droids can inflict torture so that won’t be too bad then.

40 battles without a leader….that’s gonna be fun 🙄. At least it gives us lots of room to theory craft and not over extend other teams like previous conquests did crossing so many different feats into one or two characters in different sectors.

Overall, trench will be the motivation for me trying hard in this conquest, but the feats just aren’t inspiring any kind of excitement in and of themselves. Just the usual grind it seems
Post edited by Ravens1113 on

Replies

• GI and 0-0-0 can torture
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    GI and 0-0-0 can torture

Ahhh, forgot about that feature on them. Well that’s nice then, especially with the global feat involving them for massively overpowered.
  • Do I need to remind you guys that 0-0-0 cooldown for torture its 5 TURNS

Yeah, good luck grinding those
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    No leader is easy enough, can even double dip with the global Sith feat and Seppie feats.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Do I need to remind you guys that 0-0-0 cooldown for torture its 5 TURNS

You’re forgetting 0-0-0 can get Translation, which would reduce cooldowns at max stacks. Torture can then be applied much more frequently

You’re forgetting 0-0-0 can get Translation, which would reduce cooldowns at max stacks. Torture can then be applied much more frequently

Even without that if they’re lower gear and stars you could grind out two battles getting torture from each and then a couple battles with GI. Spread it out over a few days. Still grindy but with those two much better than fracture

Translation only obtainable during torture duration, which is one turn

So unless you are running circles on enemy team, ain't gonna happen
  • It looks like a much worse set of feats to me. It's likely both the sep and sith 40x global feats are needed by many players this time, and no overlaps for the 20x droid duos there so probably 120 separate battles for globals. Groan.
  • Master’s Training 50 times again too. So 3 50x feats with 1 or 2 characters that do the feat.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    It looks like a much worse set of feats to me. It's likely both the sep and sith 40x global feats are needed by many players this time, and no overlaps for the 20x droid duos there so probably 120 separate battles for globals. Groan.

If you have them geared you can probably double up using 50RT lead. And then might be able to do that to get the non-sep droid kills too.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Master’s Training 50 times again too. So 3 50x feats with 1 or 2 characters that do the feat.

MT can be done in 2 or 3 battles though. Torture and Fracture aren't really cheese-able. But keep in mind, Conquest isn't supposed to be fun, so it's fine.
  • All the boss fights are literally "you need to beat this node twice" . I wish that just one feat in one conquest was designed as a fun challenge rather than a tedious grind. Arent games supposed to be fun?
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    Profit wrote: »
    All the boss fights are literally "you need to beat this node twice" . I wish that just one feat in one conquest was designed as a fun challenge rather than a tedious grind. Arent games supposed to be fun?

Not this one.
  • Does anyone think that the "win with BT-1 and 0-0-0 in your squad" will turn out that they need to survive the battle as well? Sometimes it is coded that way and sometimes it isn't.
  • Feats like torture and fracture set at 50 is just way too grindy. Bring it down to 25/30 when there’s only one character that can do each one. (GI and GAT respectively).

This.

I completely skipped Master's Training last 3 conquests because it's just too grindy. Theoretically the new BT bot can increase the speed of getting Torture but on a practical level the droid just hasn't been out long enough and so is going to be too fragile to inflict multiple tortures and survive to collect its other feat, which it will be busy pursuing.

Now we have Master's Training, Fracture, and Torture (I was worried about Ransom before, but that was because I was unfamiliar with the mechanics -- 50 of that will end up being no problem).

Again, as I have to say WAY too often, CG you're forgetting that a game is supposed to be fun. This is NOT fun, and to stack these most effectively, we end up timing out battles instead of winning them, but without stacking them with max effectiveness, it simply takes way, way too long even for a 2-week event. So either we pay energy (and ultimately crystals) to lose battles or we spend 2 frantic weeks trying to get this done every 4 hours.

This is NOT FUN.

Games are supposed to be fun.

Please focus more on fun. One or maybe even two of these feats could be justified as a grindy way to get to the next crate for someone with a limited roster, with the reward for folks with well developed rosters being that they get to skip such things. With so many of these feats, however, you border on requiring that your players have no fun.

That's a sure way to lose players. Some of us might be too invested to quit, or maybe we enjoy something else and so we stick around, but not for conquest... but none of that stops us from posting bad game reviews around the internet, which ultimately costs you new players.

Fun should always be the #1 priority.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Profit wrote: »
    All the boss fights are literally "you need to beat this node twice" . I wish that just one feat in one conquest was designed as a fun challenge rather than a tedious grind. Arent games supposed to be fun?

Not this one.

guess i'm doing it wrong then, i will quit the day i stop having fun
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah, I have a lot of fun, but most of my fun is

1) limited to certain game modes -- which is fine, I don't want them to eliminate those other game modes, they're just mostly not for me
    and
    2) a result of the people in my guild and on discord. I've made serious friendships through this game, and that's great.

Still, I think that they should put more priority on making things fun and less on making them grindy when it comes to conquest. This one disappoints me more than, say, GAC. GAC just generally isn't my jam, but some conquests have been quite fun, which shows that they can do it right. I thought the last one was tuned pretty well, for instance. I'm not only talking about the very first conquest (which you gotta admit was pretty fun with GMY bouncing everywhere with all the cooldown-resets and near-infinite bonus turns on his AoE. Now THAT was a grandmastery good time!) since I admit that was too easy, even if it was hellafun.
  • They tune the conquests to the reward
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The feats are puzzles to figure out. There are ways to cheese some of them in just about every conquest. Or you can brute force some of them with refreshes while farming datacron materials.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    The feats are puzzles to figure out. There are ways to cheese some of them in just about every conquest. Or you can brute force some of them with refreshes while farming datacron materials.

The feats are not puzzles….they’re grind fests and the only puzzle is to figure out how to spend the least amount of crystals on refreshes and stamina
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    The feats are puzzles to figure out. There are ways to cheese some of them in just about every conquest. Or you can brute force some of them with refreshes while farming datacron materials.

The feats are not puzzles….they’re grind fests and the only puzzle is to figure out how to spend the least amount of crystals on refreshes and stamina

Which is the puzzle: how to reduce the grind in the most efficient way possible.
    It’s a new kind of puzzle: as it’s not very exciting to do (except a few fights, talking about you boss/mini-boss), the fun is to find out how to finish it the fastest way possible.
  • If the best fun a feature has is to work out how to do it as little a possible, the feature is a failure as part of a game.
  • Profit wrote: »

Games are supposed to be fun. This isn’t a game though, it’s a revenue stream in a game skin. Their whole business model is making people mad enough to rage spend.
  • I probably won't have GI until after the other Inquisitors have been accelerated as I'm not having much luck with drops. I'd imagine by then there will be Dr Aphra feats instead, but at least he will be useful for Scythe and ROTE!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's pretty bad. Lots of specific units required, including a heavy focus on Aphra droids which are still pretty new, and they felt the need to add Ewoks just to mess with us. If the droids are required to survive as is usually the case with this kind of feats, this will probably be the first conquest where I won't get the red crate. They went from large difficulty jumps to gradually increasing the grind and hoping that nobody notices.
  • Grind grind grind.
    No wonder so many GAC matches are a walkover now.
    The games not fun so no one cares.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Grind grind grind.

anecdotal
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • One of the best non-Seppie droid to get kills with is Darktrooper.
  • True, although any support droid with Zealous Ambition also works pretty well.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Grind grind grind.

anecdotal

Tedious