Separatist GL?

Prev1
So, a separatist tank, who is not a Droid or a Geo. Any ideas? I'm not super familiar with the clone wars show, but I can't think of any

Replies

• Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Why not droid or geo, is it for Trench? The intended "tank" for Trench is Jango - stealth with Dooku, tank tech on Jango, he leaves stealth and has damage immunity for 2 turns (and +100 crit avoid and defense after that). Or you could use Sun Fac or GBA, they work with all of Trench's kit except the tank tech bit.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The GL and the tank don't have to be the same unit, and neither is certain to happen at all. In fact, I can't really think of any Separatist worthy of GL status that we don't already have. And from those that we do have, pretty much only Dooku comes to mind (GG is another high profile figure but he counts as droid). So, if I had to guess a GL, I would say Darth Tyranus.
    As for other units, there are plenty of lower profile separatists in TCW. I personally would like to see Riff Tamson, but he seems more like an attacker than a tank.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Super Grievous
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CrispyFett
    970 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I was basing this off meathead's comments in his post about the Trench questions:

"Who is the Separatist tank for the Shield Tech that is not a Geo or Droid? We don't currently have one?
    Lots of kit language has built-in future-proofing, and may or may not have anything to do with our near-term plans."

edited to include Meathead quote
    Post edited by CrispyFett on
  • Count Dooku makes the most sense for a Separatist GL
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jango, Source Material of Boba
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Count Dooku makes the most sense for a Separatist GL

I was thinking this too. Maybe it will be a Darth Tyranus version of him?
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    I don't think they will make another dark side Dooku. His kit already encompasses his abilities pretty well. If we do get another version of him I would think he would be a Jedi.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Durge would be a cool sep unit that isn't a GL but a tank
  • V01D wrote: »
    I don't think they will make another dark side Dooku. His kit already encompasses his abilities pretty well. If we do get another version of him I would think he would be a Jedi.

Meanwhile we have how many Chewies, Lukes, Hans, Kylos, Reys, etc?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Making the next GL anything other than HuttSlayer Leia or Pilot Luke with the first GL Ship would be a huge mistake.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Meanwhile we have how many Chewies, Lukes, Hans, Kylos, Reys, etc?

I get what you're saying. However, the Dooku we have in game represents Dooku throughout the Clone Wars. If you have other thoughts for him I'd be glad to hear it.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Making the next GL anything other than HuttSlayer Leia or Pilot Luke with the first GL Ship would be a huge mistake.

HuttSlayer Leia is too immature for me, no thanks.

Already annoyed enough I had to watch it so many times for Jabba's ult.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Making the next GL anything other than HuttSlayer Leia or Pilot Luke with the first GL Ship would be a huge mistake.

No kidding. And what would her abilities be anyway... Gonna have a hard time choking out the enemies from behind considering the layout of the holotable.

That said, please use original trilogy Leia (Endor?) instead of sequel Leia (Mary Poppins maneuver notwithstanding).
  • Darth Plagius could be a separatist GL since he was the one orchestrating the whole thing.
  • Chancellor Palp. Neutral GL lead for seppies with trench or republic with jka
    Super Grievous

Is this Grevious with Blond glowing hair?
    Super Grievous

I think it is either that one or the one with flames bursting out of his eyes and chest. If it is the blond hair, I will need him to have a ship that in a convertible and you can see his head sticking out and hair flowing in the “wind” (hey apparently there are explosions in space so why not wind).
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Super Grievous

He's whatever your heart desires. That's what makes him super.
  • I vote no on Sep GL, and put forth
    GL Snoke
    GL Jar Jar Binks
    I think there are a lot of valid reasons to bring in Jar Jar as a GL.

The biggest being it would really fit his current persona as a character: you either loved him or hated him.
    2nd - it's kinda odd they haven't brought him in already. The character had lots of screen time and importance in missions and roles. His kit should be like C3PO's with a bumbling TD attack added with a low % chance to insta-kill.
    3rd - he ended up being a celebrated hero in cinema...
    4th - he would have Galactic Republic synergy and be a way to give carp jedi use, make clones more interesting, and be a new home for Padme who is kinda looking for 1.
    5th - They could bring some more campiness to the game with him. As it stands, there is none. That ignores a lot of fans, and that's coming from someone that doesn't like camp.

GL Snoke could be an opportunity to do something new: besides Snoke's toons requirements, all of SLKR's requirements must have also been obtained. Essentially, GL paths. Just bring him in with 5 Knights of Wren, and/or bring Wren. Wren himself would be awesome. That's like another Malgus if not a GL.

• 2nd - it's kinda odd they haven't brought him in already. The character had lots of screen time and importance in missions and roles. His kit should be like C3PO's with a bumbling TD attack added with a low % chance to insta-kill.

He could damage enemies and friends alike just like bt-1
  • 2nd - it's kinda odd they haven't brought him in already. The character had lots of screen time and importance in missions and roles. His kit should be like C3PO's with a bumbling TD attack added with a low % chance to insta-kill.

He could damage enemies and friends alike just like bt-1

It would be cool if they brought in Gungan King as a lifter and other Gungans. I think Snoke and Jar Jar would be a good pair to bring in at once.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

No kidding. And what would her abilities be anyway... Gonna have a hard time choking out the enemies from behind considering the layout of the holotable.

That said, please use original trilogy Leia (Endor?) instead of sequel Leia (Mary Poppins maneuver notwithstanding).

Give her synergy with Oola and Lyn Me

JK

It doesn’t have to be slave Leia but here is a good indication of why Leia or Rebel Pilot Luke make a lot of sense. The TLDR is there is more money to be made with less development costs.

https://youtu.be/ROR4lYk0RSA
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "the data is clear"

lolololol
    "the data is clear"

lolololol

I mean when you look at it, it pretty much has to be a rebel or maybe Empire but who would they really pick from the Empire. We already have a Vader and Palpatine GL. Nobody else is really famous enough to get a GL. If they do separatist they’ll make no money unless they make all the reqs R7 and R8 or just pick random toon or they have to develop a ton of new toons.

Unless if they start doing generic characters as a GL it would be hard to do empire but honestly I wouldn’t mind if they gave Stormtrooper a GL. They are very iconic.
  • 89008-6360852Fr.jpg
  • Screerider wrote: »
    89008-6360852Fr.jpg

I know that was the geo in the catacombs in CW but is that also the one in the beginning of solo (it’s been a while since i’ve watched it)
  • Nah. different worm.

SOLO032_Lady_Proxima_A.jpg
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    "the data is clear"

lolololol

I mean when you look at it, it pretty much has to be a rebel or maybe Empire but who would they really pick from the Empire. We already have a Vader and Palpatine GL. Nobody else is really famous enough to get a GL. If they do separatist they’ll make no money unless they make all the reqs R7 and R8 or just pick random toon or they have to develop a ton of new toons.

Unless if they start doing generic characters as a GL it would be hard to do empire but honestly I wouldn’t mind if they gave Stormtrooper a GL. They are very iconic.

You are truly underestimating the number of people that want to see a GL Thrawn.
  • I’d love to see GL Thrawn. But proper Thrawn alongside Joruus C’Baoth, with his bodyguard Rukh, not the watered down version from Rebels. I know it’s no longer canon, but the original Thrawn trilogy has so many great characters. Talon Karrde would make a great LS/Neutral counterpart to Jabba.

Back to the topic though, maybe a fallen Jedi Dooku based on the new series could have a separatist tag? Not sure if it’s really iconic enough for a GL though.