When will CG start taking cheating seriously again?

Replies

• It’s a bad time to be Kevin McAllister
    797-722-718
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I think people quit for different reasons, I've put a considerable amout of money into the game, so having to keep facing cheaters on a daily basis for me is UNACCEPTABLE. I would argue that even if the game had no monetization, or for someone that doesn't spend, it would be extremely frustrating. Datacrons or
    other game features don't concern me much (at least not yet).

F2P or P2P, we all expect fairness at the minimum. You don't see the content creators talking much about this because:

- The long-time cheaters have blended in the high ranks with bloated accounts, and don't need to cheat as often or at all on PVP content. And when they do, it's very subtle and hard to notice.
    - They might think that bringing it up, and how nothing is being done about it might signal others to cheat.
    - Fear of retaliation? (LoL)

I would particularly love to see something like a patron list at the end of every video, replacing patrons for names of cheaters 😆

Post edited by ZurinFet on
  • EA is not enforcing their own TOS…I think that is a problem for everyone including EA.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    How can anyone push to "follow" the process on reporting cheaters when the current recommendation is to report to someone on the forum that hasn't been active since March 2021
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/discussions/CG_Leviathan

And even the old hasn't been active since August 2022
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/discussions/CG_LucifersDaddy

SMH
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Someone mentioned that they receive email notifications and I don't dispute that (I also receive notifications).

But IMHO those emails just get marked as spam and are completely ignored
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Players aren't leaving because of cheaters

lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    How can anyone push to "follow" the process on reporting cheaters when the current recommendation is to report to someone on the forum that hasn't been active since March 2021
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/discussions/CG_Leviathan

And even the old hasn't been active since August 2022
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/discussions/CG_LucifersDaddy

SMH

this was something i complained about last week
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Deleted
  • Cheaters gonna cheat.
    CG gonna ignore it
    Mods gonna say cg is the best, no problem found nothing to see here.....
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »
    Cheaters gonna cheat.
    CG gonna ignore it
    Mods gonna say cg is the best, no problem found nothing to see here.....

Some mods yes but incase you haven't noticed ultra is a mod and is one of the most vocal about cg needing to address it
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »
    Cheaters gonna cheat..

and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
  • It would be really amazing to have someone from CG to actually drop in the thread and give people some light on this 🤷🏻‍♂️ or maybe even post their own thread.
  • ZurinFet wrote: »
    It would be really amazing to have someone from CG to actually drop in the thread and give people some light on this 🤷🏻‍♂️ or maybe even post their own thread.

That would be great, but their lawyers probably won't let them. That or the main decision maker at CG, whoever that is, since they barely let anyone at CG talk to players as it is. I'm leaning towards the decision maker since we barely get any communication and that's been going on for months. (again)
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    It would be really amazing to have someone from CG to actually drop in the thread and give people some light on this 🤷🏻‍♂️ or maybe even post their own thread.

That would be great, but their lawyers probably won't let them. That or the main decision maker at CG, whoever that is, since they barely let anyone at CG talk to players as it is. I'm leaning towards the decision maker since we barely get any communication and that's been going on for months. (again)

However, EA is not enforcing their own TOS which to me is a bigger problem…for them.
  • On,y ban I've seen is when they banned that guy for wanting action against cheaters by demonstrating how easy it is to cheat. Shoot the messenger.
  • Also, I face a suspected cheater almost every GAC. My guess is about 20% of the players cheat. Most do it just enough to seem reasonable.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Also, I face a suspected cheater almost every GAC. My guess is about 20% of the players cheat.

I've yet to run into one, I guess I've been lucky hitting 80% so far.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Also, I face a suspected cheater almost every GAC. My guess is about 20% of the players cheat. Most do it just enough to seem reasonable.

Actually our discord team is looking through your recent history, can you point to these cheaters? We can't find them.
  • how do we report cheating? other than in-game with the mute/report button?
  • Also, I face a suspected cheater almost every GAC. My guess is about 20% of the players cheat. Most do it just enough to seem reasonable.

FYI losing a match does not equal the opponent cheating. They may just be better at the game than you.
  • Its incredibly frustrating if you've ever come up against it. Would be nice to see some official response and some hard line actions taken. You'd think they'd be concerned for monetary reasons that paying players may quit due to frustration because it doesn't matter how much you may spend you can still be beaten by a cheater with G5 toons
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    how do we report cheating? other than in-game with the mute/report button?
    If you want to report a potential cheater,
    please send a message to @CG_Leviathan with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    how do we report cheating? other than in-game with the mute/report button?
    If you want to report a potential cheater,
    please send a message to @CG_Leviathan with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.

Thank you
  • Responses like the above are exactly why cheaters are rampant.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Responses like the above are exactly why cheaters are rampant.

That's an odd thing to say, I just wanted to see the cheaters you keep facing. Others are having no problems showing blatant cheating against them.

• Responses like the above are exactly why cheaters are rampant.

Cheaters persist because CG only very occasionally and always very quietly takes action to do something about it. It's got nothing to do with snarky (yet still pretty funny) forum posts.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    EA is not cdziimd451u6.jpg
    enforcing their own TOS…I think that is a problem for everyone including EA.

You have misinterpreted the TOS. They use the word "may" repetitively in their EULA in the section that describes enforcement. See below. The use of the word may is there to give them the prerogative to enforce as they see fit. It's not that they aren't enforcing their ToS. They are just exercising them in a way you don't like.
  • played my first obvious cheater last round in gac and it's incredibly frustrating when you get a very solid score (2070ish), and lose to a guy with a 2090 score who had max health/protection every battle (even in ships, where he also used no reinforcements in any battle lol)

i'm primarily ftp (spend some every holiday season), so crystal income is super important to me.
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    EA is not cdziimd451u6.jpg
    enforcing their own TOS…I think that is a problem for everyone including EA.

You have misinterpreted the TOS. They use the word "may" repetitively in their EULA in the section that describes enforcement. See below. The use of the word may is there to give them the prerogative to enforce as they see fit. It's not that they aren't enforcing their ToS. They are just exercising them in a way you don't like.

I don't think they need another lawyer, even a free one. They pay enough money to lawyers to write their ToS in whatever way gives them escape to ignore their own policies, or strictly enforce them. It is a common thing for gaming companies to state such lawyerly policies. It is basically only as meaningful as they want it to be on any given day.

At the same time, CG has made the claim they have a zero tolerance policy towards cheaters. But, they are doing the same lawyerly wriggling as you're helping defend EA doing. Zero tolerance doesn't actually mean zero tolerance, it means "if we feel like doing something about it, we will...."
  • State of the Galaxy: January 2023

qdqvstf59v0h.jpg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg