Is the Bad Batch a good team?

Prev1
I’m an early game player and I’m about to advance to level 78. Since level 70 I’ve been upgrading my bad batch characters and using them where I can however, do they hold up in the late game? I don’t want to invest even more into them when there are better teams to advance, especially with how much they’ve been costing recently.

Replies

• Btw, as of right now, I’m tearing up with them. They’re destroying level 85 teams easily and the only team that’s given me trouble in Shaak Ti. So far they’ve been great, but I just want to make sure they stay that way.
  • I wouldn't say they're top tier, but they are very good. There are probably other directions that would serve you better though. I would look at a new players farming guide to get a sense of what teams are the most efficient in early game. You'll want to make a plan for how you want your roster to progress so that you don't waste resources. While BB holds up well, they're very expensive in terms of gear - that same gear might give you better progression if it went elsewhere.

I'm at 8.5m GP and I don't have any of them above gear 9 - they'll stay there until I'm ready to pursue Lord Vader. They still punch up quite well though, and I still get use out of them even at that level.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • They are definitely really good. I've seen Ahnald use them alot. But I don't know if that's the way to go early game. I'd say CLS, Bounty Hunters, and Imperial Troopers should come before Bad Batch.
  • xpgammer
    141 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Bad batch are a good team wrecker lacks retribution so if he gets killed really fast, he can't deal any damage and they are vulnerable to buff immunity.

Edit: sorry retribution
    Post edited by xpgammer on
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • xpgammer wrote: »
    Bad batch are a good team wrecker lacks taunt so if he gets killed really fast, he can't deal any damage and they are vulnerable to buff immunity. Also gearing them doesn't give you any journey guide characters.

Wrecker does have a taunt and the bad batch are required for a journey guide character, lord vader
  • I would say go for them. I never really worked on them bc they came out once i wasn’t rly able to get them to catch up to my team quickly, but they seem pretty good. Looks to me like they would be a defensive team in GAC because of the taunt, stealth, and healing. Also, crosshair has some potential to come out soon. And, if you are thinking about lord vader, you will need them.
  • They are definitely really good. I've seen Ahnald use them alot. But I don't know if that's the way to go early game. I'd say CLS, Bounty Hunters, and Imperial Troopers should come before Bad Batch.

I’ve started working on an empire team to unlock R2 and eventually CLS. Right now, my best are the snow trooper, stormtrooper, Emperor Palpatine, Vader and Tarkin. They aren’t too good right now, so are there any other characters you’d recommend over them?
  • nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Palp, DV, Tarkin, Thrawn and MJ are probably the best empire team. Particularly with the omicron for MJ in territory war.
  • Imperial troopers though are also an amazing team. Veers, Piett, Gideon, Range and Dark/Starck have uses across all game modes, even the new TB
  • For my empire team i use palp, vader, piett, thrawn, and RG. it works prettty well but i’ve never tried this one
    nomad1988 wrote: »
    Palp, DV, Tarkin, Thrawn and MJ are probably the best empire team. Particularly with the omicron for MJ in territory war.

• Your BB will be useful at end-game, notably to take out omicron QGJ teams.

At the early-game, a good rule of thumb is this: is my squad accomplishing what I need them to? If the answer is yes, start gearing another team. Since you claimed your BB is “tearing things up,” it might be wise to start gearing another squad. GAC success at the early game depends on who has more teams. Mid-game is about who uses their teams smarter. End-game is about having better mods and datacrons.

I always suggest new players farm for Jedi Master Luke. There are a lot of nested requirements for him, and you will build a ton of core teams along the way, which will help you have fun and play better across ALL game modes.

JML is also hands-down the best Conquest character, and at mid/end-game, Conquest pays out the best rewards.

Hope you find this helpful!
  • At top 500 k1 gac, I use bb every round
    Bad batch are a good team wrecker lacks taunt so if he gets killed really fast, he can't deal any damage and they are vulnerable to buff immunity. Also gearing them doesn't give you any journey guide characters.

Apart from lord vader
  • Also, for newer players Bad Batch is the best way to get your KAM shards.

So, Lord Vader and KAM. And they just generally win a lot. There are many teams that they can defeat. They aren't Galactic Legends, but short of that, they'll do you proud.
  • I drop omega & use shaak ti in the lead,call them the shaak batch,works really good
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    How do you get by without a tank?

Sometimes a door is just a door
  • BB is a very good team but I would not recomend earlygame as they require decent modding and many zetas to get running properly
  • MasterSeedy
    4993 posts Member
    edited January 2023

The same way that JTR or Imperial Trooper squads do: you go fast, go first, and then use turn-meter jumping to take infinite turns while the enemy sits there getting pummelled. Palp lead + MJ is just as good at TM jumping as the Troopers.

If the enemy can't take a turn, you don't need a tank.
    nomad1988 wrote: »

Shoot to kill
  • They’re strong but don’t do much for your journey guide, if anything at all, so I’m not bothering with them tbh.

There the journey guide chars are generally the strongest, BB doesn’t really get you anywhere with that so your resources are better invested elsewhere imo
  • They’re strong but don’t do much for your journey guide, if anything at all, so I’m not bothering with them tbh.

There the journey guide chars are generally the strongest, BB doesn’t really get you anywhere with that so your resources are better invested elsewhere imo

I’m currently building up a bounty hunter team while I finish up with the Bad Batch. I’m going to try and use both, bounty hunter for journey guide and events, and Bad Batch for squad arena and other unimportant battles. Thanks for the advice!

Aren’t Bad Batch requirements for Lord Vader?

They are.

Anybody chiming in saying BB aren’t needed for any journey guide character are NOT fit to give advice regarding this game and should be ignored.
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited January 2023
  • I stand corrected.

It occurred to me about half an hr ago I was mistaken. I’m completely neglecting LV atm and working on SLKR, Rey & EEP. So bad batch has completely slipped under the radar.

BB are decent, with speed mods they are ruthless.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    They’re strong but don’t do much for your journey guide, if anything at all, so I’m not bothering with them tbh.

They are.

Anybody chiming in saying BB aren’t needed for any journey guide character are NOT fit to give advice regarding this game and should be ignored.

Because anyone worth their salt aren’t allowed to be mistaken huh.

No need to be arrogant, it doesn’t suit you.
  • I stand corrected.

It occurred to me about half an hr ago I was mistaken. I’m completely neglecting LV atm and working on SLKR, Rey & EEP. So bad batch has completely slipped under the radar.

• I stand corrected.

I hope you're not working on all of those at the same time? That's going to take a long, long time - you might be better off picking one and sticking with it, that way you get use out of them while you're working on the others.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I stand corrected.

I hope you're not working on all of those at the same time? That's going to take a long, long time - you might be better off picking one and sticking with it, that way you get use out of them while you're working on the others.

Actually my finaliser is at 4 stars and I need to relic 3 more toons to finish my slkr prerequisites.

I need to finish shards for 2 toons on Rey and 4 on EEP. With 4 toon between the two on gl12.

So yeah I’m working on them at the same time but they all at different stages of their progression, there’s structure, slkr first, then Rey, then EEP.
    Im kinda in two minds on which to prioritise after slkr, my raddus has only past the first requirements for shards atm, EEP is much less work in that department.
    I want Rey first though to bring balance to the force ha.

Despite what you may think given my faux pas, I’m not the mug you think I am.
  • If anything it’s better for your progression To work on more than one squad at a time.

you get enough energy to work on multiple toons a day, core gear can be invested in weaker toons while your still saving for the g12 gear that requires crystals.

Ergo, I’m building multiple squads, but prioritising my resources.