Zetas need to be more accessible

Prev1
Simply put if CG wants to make more money give us a more consistent way to buy them. You’re constantly adding new characters and Newer players will never catch up. Pointless to keep farming a team if it takes 3-4 months to just put zetas on a team So i stop farming/spending. If you want to maintain new players give us a chance to catch up. I’ve obtained every zeta possible and no where close. So I’m done spending grinding for a few months

Replies

• Simply put if CG wants to make more money give us a more consistent way to buy them. You’re constantly adding new characters and Newer players will never catch up. Pointless to keep farming a team if it takes 3-4 months to just put zetas on a team So i stop farming/spending. If you want to maintain new players give us a chance to catch up. I’ve obtained every zeta possible and no where close. So I’m done spending grinding for a few months
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Simply put if CG wants to make more money give us a more consistent way to buy them. You’re constantly adding new characters and Newer players will never catch up. Pointless to keep farming a team if it takes 3-4 months to just put zetas on a team So i stop farming/spending. If you want to maintain new players give us a chance to catch up. I’ve obtained every zeta possible and no where close. So I’m done spending grinding for a few months

The best way to get them is to build up your fleet so you can climb in fleet arena. You can buy them with the fleet currency and if you get a good position daily you can Zeta your toons quite fast.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Zetas are fairly easy to come by after a certain point where you get 1st in fleet every day, can get all the zetas from the assault battles etc.

What needs to change is g12+, relic scraps and signal data. Simming 14 and getting 1-2 gold holo lenses is tremendously demoralising when you need 400+ for your current farm.
  • Zetas are so much easier to get now than they used to be. Between assault battles, TWs, GAC, and a couple of other minor events, they practically grow on trees compared to a few years ago. Give it time, you'll get the zetas you need. I still find myself short on zeta mats occasionally but it's no where near as slow going as it used to be. Omicrons on the other hand - I'm almost afraid to apply those considering how slow they are to acquire. If everything was abundant though, our choices would have far less meaning and the game would lose something.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Why do we constantly hear that newer players 'need' to catch up? Why are newer players special that they dont have to improve to earn zetas like everyone else? If zetas were so easy to get they would become boring and as some items like zetas and omnicrons are a process of grinding then apply them where you feel you will benefit most.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I’ve obtained every zeta possible and no where close.

Huh?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah has every zeta going and has spent thousands but apparently zetas need to be more accessible....
  • Simply put if CG wants to make more money give us a more consistent way to buy them. You’re constantly adding new characters and Newer players will never catch up. Pointless to keep farming a team if it takes 3-4 months to just put zetas on a team So i stop farming/spending. If you want to maintain new players give us a chance to catch up. I’ve obtained every zeta possible and no where close. So I’m done spending grinding for a few months

I'm confused how you are having zetas as a pinch point at 6.5M GP. That stopped being an issue for me way before then. May I ask what you are using them for if you've obtained every zeta possible?
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • @TVF

I **think** that they're saying that they're earning all the mats it's possible to gain in the game (AB's, fleet, whatever) and that they're still way behind on zetas.

I think.

It's the only interpretation I can come up with that is consistent with their expressed thesis anyway.
  • But he has said he has every zeta going so i really dont know who hes arguing for.
  • If you’re applying zetas on every new character that gets introduced, of course you’d be running out of materials…

There’s your issue. You’re putting zetas on every new player. I hate to say it but it’s a resource management game. Prioritize who you put zetas on. We get a healthy flow of them through plenty of means. You’re not supposed to be able to put every zeta on every character.
  • I think more options of buying zeta mats, will be bad for the balance of the game. If a big spender can buy the character, gear and the required zeta, there is no way a F2P, who start at the same time can compete.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    v88uykdtamvh.jpeg

This is how many zeta mats I’ve stored up on my 7m account. I’m not intentionally hoarding them, and I don’t see a reason to throw them on every new character that gets introduced. I don’t buy the materials in the fleet shop anymore either, since I’d rather take shard shop currency.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You’re not supposed to be able to put every zeta on every character.

Certainly not during the first few years.
    When you get your 7th year anniversary of playing the game, on the other hand, you should be just about there. I know for a fact, as I am about 500 zeta mats away from doing every single activated toon in the game and other 500 mats away from the un-activated ones.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    v88uykdtamvh.jpeg

This is how many zeta mats I’ve stored up on my 7m account. I’m not intentionally hoarding them, and I don’t see a reason to throw them on every new character that gets introduced. I don’t buy the materials in the fleet shop anymore either, since I’d rather take shard shop currency.

You should get more GLs
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2023

Thousands and thousands of GP sitting there not being fulfilled. If all 50 members of your guild did the same, how many TB stars could you be missing out on?

If you keep doing the same, eventually, you will have more zeta mats then zeta abilities to spend them on. Once you reach that point, what then? Still not going to do them?

I will say this, this is YOUR account, not mine. How you choose to spend or not spend is 100% your choice.
  • I’m working on unlocking SEE, then GI and Jabba. Even after all that I still probably will have 4-500.

I personally see no reason to place zetas on all my characters who don’t have them yet if I’m not going to actually use them.
  • SWGOH say I have 219 zetas placed. I have 490-ish zeta mats.

I don't see anything that needs a zeta. I mean, maybe I could run around and place 10 zetas that I don't need, but I'd still only gain 20k gp. The guild would gain 1M gp through that, assuming everyone else has as large a cache of mats and as many unloved zeta abilities.

I mean, it's 1M? That's not nothing but... it's not really a ton, either. I'll just keep dropping them only on my relic toons, thanks.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I’m working on unlocking SEE, then GI and Jabba. Even after all that I still probably will have 4-500.

I personally see no reason to place zetas on all my characters who don’t have them yet if I’m not going to actually use them.

I agree with that part, they don't really add enough GP to matter.

I'm at 530 mats after starting to stock back up from unlocking my 7th GL.
  • @LendersQuiz
    If you were to place zetas on crew members, you will get more GP than on regular toons. Also, the zetas will make the ships a tiny bit better.

You make me want to double check, but I think I have zeta'd all my crew members except a couple of Phoenix zetas, for exactly the reasons you describe.
  • Some materials are bottlenecks at different points in the game, omegas & zetas are scarce in the beginning. Currently omicrons are scarce for end game users but they will eventually be in abundance too, I don’t see CG being able to keep up adding new omicron ability kits with the influx of mats we get.
  • DirtyGloves
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    My team is 2 years old i have see and jmk. Have the teams that coincide with the relics i have from those grinds. About to unlock LV and maul next month and about 150 zetas short. Cg needs to stop the robbery of its players and Set a 40 zetas for $50 datapack card. So we stop getting 10 or 15 for $50 dollars. Feel robbed makes me want to put this game on blast on social media for the SCAM. Really surprised Disney allows this sounds like a good News story or Netflix documentary.
  • You don’t have to pay anything. I agree the cost of anything in this game is exorbitant but that’s why you should stay f2p. If you don’t have the patience to be f2p this is not the game for you.
  • If you want to maintain new players give us a chance to catch up.
    Actually...this is plain wrong. Freemium Games will only survive if the majority of the players CANNOT catch up. I played a few games where it was "possible" to reach the top (or close enough) in some time and most players would leave the game once there...or at least play a lot less...there is simply nothing more to wish/get...so they would not play until some new content came up, then they would get it and disappear again...
    I actually am on the same boat...i will NEVER reach the top as the "goalposts" are mving faster than i am...BUT i am pretty sure that early in the game i was catching up...and the "goalposts" were accelerated...:)
    IT IS AS IT IS...most players will never get to the top, becuase a few (the very dedicated or those inveting a lot) will get there. The top "speed" actually depends on the players...
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    My team is 2 years old i have see and jmk. Have the teams that coincide with the relics i have from those grinds. About to unlock LV and maul next month and about 150 zetas short. Cg needs to stop the robbery of its players and Set a 40 zetas for $50 datapack card. So we stop getting 10 or 15 for $50 dollars. Feel robbed makes me want to put this game on blast on social media for the SCAM. Really surprised Disney allows this sounds like a good News story or Netflix documentary.

It's neither robbery nor scam if you know what you're buying. If you don't think it's a good value then don't buy it, problem solved.
  • I feel like most people would avoid buying things they consider scams.
  • DirtyGloves
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Thanks
  • I don't envy new/newer players. They find themselves between a ton of great teams and characters that all require lots of zetas, and even if the zeta income is fairly fast these days, it's still not enough considering how many things need to be built. I'm a launch player so I have no problem with zetas at all, even as a f2p, because I've always been (somewhat) able to keep up with the new releases. I'm still lacking a good chunk of teams though compared to the big guys at 10M+ (I'm only at 8.2M myself), but I have a lot of the important stuff done. Newer players don't have that "privilege", so I can definitely see it being very frustrating for those people. Newer players that are in my guild also have this problem. I know that you're not supposed to have everything, but I feel like CG should do something small like putting one more zeta mat into the rewards of the fleet challenges for example. A few more mats per week certainly wouldn't hurt the economy and would help newer players catch up a bit more.