Traya lead with Savage Oppress?

SiriusSil
12 posts Member
edited January 2023
I was just starting to gear up a Sith team with Traya lead, Nihlus, Sion, Sidious and Savage Oppress, thinking I'd put the eventually put the omi-cron on Savage and potentially Traya for defence in Grand Arena.

But then I noticed a conflict with the crit avoidance from Traya lead and Savage's brute perk benefiting from being crit hit, I'm now doubting if I should continue gearing.

Is it a deal breaker? Should I use a different lead?

Apart from Palp and Vader, who already have a team, I don't really have any Sith geared up, so was hoping to fill that gap, while being decent for defence.

Thanks

Replies

• I cannot claim to be an expert on this by any stretch or to understand all the subtleties of their interactions but I have the omi on both and have been gearing them up myself. Finally started using them together this last round of GAC. A G11 Traya, G11 Nihilus and G12 Savage easily handled a full relic QGJ lead with Mace and GAS for what that is worth. Is it better than with Sion? Dunno but my Sion is under geared and my Savage has been working nicely. So I’d say there is some definite value there. Whether it is the best combo or remains as powerful if they change Traya’s omi remains to be seen.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    My advise would be to wait with the Traya Omi because CG is "looking into it" which means it might be nerfed.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    My advise would be to wait with the Traya Omi because CG is "looking into it" which means it might be nerfed.

Thanks, yeah I was thinking the Omi would go on Savage for sure, Traya would be a possibility at some point.

I just wasn't sure if Traya's leadership would ruin how Savage works
  • _Kell_ wrote: »
    I cannot claim to be an expert on this by any stretch or to understand all the subtleties of their interactions but I have the omi on both and have been gearing them up myself. Finally started using them together this last round of GAC. A G11 Traya, G11 Nihilus and G12 Savage easily handled a full relic QGJ lead with Mace and GAS for what that is worth. Is it better than with Sion? Dunno but my Sion is under geared and my Savage has been working nicely. So I’d say there is some definite value there. Whether it is the best combo or remains as powerful if they change Traya’s omi remains to be seen.

Thanks, good to hear you're having success with it
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    SiriusSil wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

Thanks, yeah I was thinking the Omi would go on Savage for sure, Traya would be a possibility at some point.

I just wasn't sure if Traya's leadership would ruin how Savage works

I have the Savage Omi and it in itself is already quite good. I use him for offence so I can't say how it interacts on defence/with Traya, sorry.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Savage with his Omi inflicts himself with Vulnerable, which is a debuff that guarantees he’ll be critically hit… so Traya’s Crit Avoidance won’t do anything to prevent oSavage from being critically hit.

However, for what it’s worth, Traya’s omicron will serve you much better if used on Offense. Savage can be paired with complete junk if you want to use him on defense.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Savage with his Omi inflicts himself with Vulnerable, which is a debuff that guarantees he’ll be critically hit… so Traya’s Crit Avoidance won’t do anything to prevent oSavage from being critically hit.

However, for what it’s worth, Traya’s omicron will serve you much better if used on Offense. Savage can be paired with complete junk if you want to use him on defense.

Thank you. I didn't think about the vulnerable 👍
  • Any thoughts on the new traya omi?
  • Any thoughts on the new traya omi?

I haven't applied it yet, but will let you know what I think if I do