F2P - All G12 Project

Replies

• @DarjeloSalas thanks for that, really informative. Do you find that you have the gear then by the time you get the shards? Surely you don’t have a surplus of kyros lying around!
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    Out of interest, how long does it take some of you end-game f2ps to farm the shards to take new marquee characters to 7*, as a rough measure after the initial event. 3/4 months? I assume that’s actually the hurdle to get them past g11 or is it the kyros needed at lower gear for all the new toons?

@DarjeloSalas ’s calculations is right. I usually do the 15 sims per day as well so it takes about 2 months. If on a rush like unlocking profundity, I will do 25 sims a day to unlock it in 33 days (or less if I buy the last few to meet some deadline)
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    Out of interest, how long does it take some of you end-game f2ps to farm the shards to take new marquee characters to 7*, as a rough measure after the initial event. 3/4 months? I assume that’s actually the hurdle to get them past g11 or is it the kyros needed at lower gear for all the new toons?

Shards are the only hurdle. Everything else ofc is necessary but completes way b4 shards do (and made fully map farmable). Crystal hoarding f2p sometimes boosts it if the thing looks worth rushing. I do 2x refills (og 5+10=15 runs a day). Don't have the exact measure but it certainly takes shorter than 3-4 months regardless of what it is from the time everything is made farmable.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    I just made one more G12. So now I just have these 18 toons either unlocked or G11. k761qc1jtu3w.png

191 G13, 29 G12, 16 G11 and 2 unlocked.

@MaruMaru all G11 project is easier to complete and maintain. All G12 will always be stopped by all the new marquee toons

I don't get hung up on unfarmables. The goal is to clean up the old catalogue. From a perfectionist -zero g12- perspective- it'll always be out of reach.

Update from first post: 23 left. All pilots done, anything with immediate benefit done (had to do pao). I'll park here and hoard a bit. Maybe will do dad bod boba.

G13 front: 73 left. That will call for it's own topic hehe. Much further than this one since it needs rarer gear hoards as well as 5k+2.5k kyros.

• Some more progression.

2p81not6dizc.png
    due0umqoiccc.png
  • Finally reduced to single page checkpoint. Close to "I should be hoarding a bit now"

z6rnhx3sd2jt.png
  • Read past the first 3 letters and I see "f2p" mentioned 4 more times.

Oh well.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Read past the first 3 letters and I see "f2p" mentioned 4 more times.

Oh well.

I'm guessing you are much more obsessed with f2p than f2p.

0faiw6sepb19.png
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Sloweagle definitely spent at some point on his account or had someone else spend / buy stuff for him
    I don't know. I didn't start a thread that mentioned "f2p" four times and includes "F2P" in the title. That sounds like obsession... and perhaps denial.

I am f2p, enough reason for you? I'm not the one barging in a topic that's not about f2p, but a very particular thing about it and constantly post off-topic in it. You can make a complaint topic about how f2p are in general or me in particular. This one is not it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Sloweagle definitely spent at some point on his account or had someone else spend / buy stuff for him

Hahaha
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    I don't know. I didn't start a thread that mentioned "f2p" four times and includes "F2P" in the title. That sounds like obsession... and perhaps denial.

I am f2p, enough reason for you? I'm not the one barging in a topic that's not about f2p, but a very particular thing about it and constantly post off-topic in it. You can make a complaint topic about how f2p are in general or me in particular. This one is not it.
    I'm confused how this topic isn't about F2P, since that's the entire basis for the endeavor being highlighted. Report my posts all you want, but I don't understand how it's not relevant. It's even mentioned 5 times.

But hey, if you've never spent a cent, good on ya. I'm in the same boat. Lots of < G12, so you're doing better than I on it.

MaruMaru wrote: »

I'm confused how this topic isn't about F2P, since that's the entire basis for the endeavor being highlighted. Report my posts all you want, but I don't understand how it's not relevant. It's even mentioned 5 times.

But hey, if you've never spent a cent, good on ya. I'm in the same boat. Lots of < G12, so you're doing better than I on it.

Thanks. Now you made it relevant, so you already knew the difference. For me the point is not hey I've done this thing as it's not only me that's getting there. Up until recently this was such a far away goal that it didn't look possible for even the earliest and arena farming f2p. Now both enough time has passed and we've gone into accelerated pace, so I wanted to see if anyone else is aiming for it and how close they are towards it.

Why make a thing of f2p is an easy question. It gives a fixed point allowing to gauge the differences in the totality of the rest. I don't mind to see the state of "I only spent 100$ in total" etc. since effectively that's much closer to the fixed point than a regular spender of any kind. All in g12-g13-r5+ etc. barriers has been broken by spenders long time ago.

I guess even if you find this endeavour pointless, you would agree coming up with stuff you can work towards that may not even be directly advantegous helps with keeping on playing. This is such a thing, my 20+ mod count race with a guildie back&forth with is another, having eye contact with people from time to time about how they progressed I've known in the forums for years is yet another. Nothing less, nothing more.
    I don't mind to see the state of "I only spent 100$ in total" etc. since effectively that's much closer to the fixed point than a regular spender of any kind.
    Right, and we see it all the time that even these people who've spent (even $100) will often says they consider themselves F2P. What a joke.
    I don't mind to see the state of "I only spent 100$ in total" etc. since effectively that's much closer to the fixed point than a regular spender of any kind.
    Right, and we see it all the time that even these people who've spent (even $100) will often says they consider themselves F2P. What a joke.

I don't care for policing people's perceptions. It's rather obvious it makes them not-f2p which is folded into the name itself. If it comes with the information that they spent a little this and that, that's good enough to gauge what it is. I don't care that we can not verify any of it either. It's not like there is anything at stake. We are just trying to have fun.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I don't care for policing people's perceptions. It's rather obvious it makes them not-f2p which is folded into the name itself.

You would think it's rather obvious, and yet we've seen examples aplenty...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I don't care for policing people's perceptions. It's rather obvious it makes them not-f2p which is folded into the name itself.

You would think it's rather obvious, and yet we've seen examples aplenty...

Since it's inconsequential unlike stuff like basic statistics understanding which we come across many topics, I don't care enough to even comment on it. "I only spent 100$, but I think I'm f2p" gives me the necessary information already. No one seems to be withholding that part of the information. There is not much point chasing around posts to prove them they are in fact 100$2p. Then there's this breed I've seen used "from now on I'm f2p" which is correct within the claim which doesn't make them f2p, it clearly means they stopped spending at some particular point. Other than someone deliberately lying, there's not many other possibilities left. Only case I would care about that would be there is some evidence to the contrary like obnoxiously being in front of everyone in similar condition. Then I would question their honesty or accuracy of the information. Until then I take it all on face value.
  • Lastly regarding this part of the topic, I do not think ill of any grade of spending. I've never made such a denigrating comment in thousands of posts. I mostly play with dolphin/whales for quite some time. Like I said numerous times, this threshold of player choice provides me with an interesting barometer which I didn't decide at first, it just happened to be that way until I was well time-invested into the game. I was a minnow in cg's previous case and I can easily do dolphin level spending in my current life. After a point I liked the challenge it provides me and made a deliberate choice to keep at it no matter what. I saw many others in the same mindset along the way and it became a thing for me.
    I was a minnow in cg's previous case
    What?

I was a minnow in cg's previous case
    What?

Typo="game", heroes of dragon age.
  • Down to 16 even with the new additions.

slp8gutk1rpn.png
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    OP you inspired me.
    No I am not f2p, I also haven't spent in "84" years.
    33z2xdrmbmhi.png
  • scuba wrote: »
    OP you inspired me.
    No I am not f2p, I also haven't spent in "84" years.
    33z2xdrmbmhi.png

I don't mind, others seem to do. You basically have the project done since rest are only behind shards.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    @MaruMaru
    Project completed. 😂 could have completed this a while ago, but had to get Aphra ready first.
    aaszivxsvy6p.png
    Post edited by sloweagle on
  • Ultra wrote: »

Lol, you are wrong. My account is clean as ever, ie nothing spent on the account, whether it is cash, gift card, google point, or promotion, anything that the game considered money, so it won’t even matter whether it is my own money or any other. At request of some non-believers, I even recorded a live chat with EA when I crossed 10M GP, so an EA representative confirmed 0 spent ever on my account. Ofc my hard proof only stopped then, you can speculate I still spend after 10m GP.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »
    @MaruMaru
    Project completed. 😂 could have completed this a while ago, but had to get Aphra ready first.
    aaszivxsvy6p.png

GG! I parked at 15 left. Practically 10 of them are currently gearable. No point dropping stuff on them rn when there is an upcoming raid that needs everything as high as they can be for some factions.

On the other hand I'm at 57 left for "everything in relics". And I know you are quite close to that goal too haha.
    On the other hand I'm at 57 left for "everything in relics". And I know you are quite close to that goal too haha.

Yeah, that number is 37. That’s not gonna happen for a while unless they are required for something. Signal data are currently my biggest bottleneck

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Yeah, that number is 37. That’s not gonna happen for a while unless they are required for something. Signal data are currently my biggest bottleneck

Same. I never had to leave things at relic 1 previously at the speed I'm relicing them. But now I'm doing that and also trying not to spend signal data so that I can high relic them in the manner that is more useful in the raid.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    At request of some non-believers, I even recorded a live chat with EA when I crossed 10M GP, so an EA representative confirmed 0 spent ever on my account.
    Go ahead and post it.

• I never doubted you, BTW, Slow.

As I have said many times, I spent when I first started playing the game b/c I believe in supporting the artists who create the things we love, but I only did that once, and I also took a break from the game, so I know that my 9.6M -- aided by 20 or 25 bucks long ago -- is still a reasonable proxy for the approximate amount one could accomplish if you started in the first half of 2016 with my level of effort. And since I know that my level of effort has always been pretty pathetic in Squad Arena & GAC, I know that there are people who started in a similar time frame, played entirely free to play, and achieved far more than i.

I respect you quite a lot for doing what you've done. MaruMaru - you as well.
This discussion has been closed.